DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #31
Techwarrior
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87827
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Techwarrior Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I spoke with two different dealers today in Toronto and none of them had a clue about this update.

Ahh, so behind the times.

Good to see this update helped out though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #32
e350 coupe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84808
What I Drive: 2010 E-350 Coupe/2012 Titanium Htbk

FF Reputation: 5 e350 coupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
I spoke with two different dealers today in Toronto and none of them had a clue about this update.

Ahh, so behind the times.

Good to see this update helped out though.
I had the same problem in BC, apparently the service advisor attempted to look up the TSB by using my serial number and nothing came up as available. He then phoned me back and asked if I new the TSB number which I told him I thought was either 11-10-02 or 11-10-01, a few minutes later he called me and stated he found it, and has no idea of why it wasn't on my list, needless to say they installed it.

Results

I travel up a 18 degree hill in white rock which is really steep, needless to say I never saw 3,000 rpm before. The transmission always wanted to change gears around 16-1800, now it changes around 2500.

As for acceleration it quickly accelerated and when I looked down I was around 4000 rpm with no problems, and very little foot pressure on the accelerator.

It appears that some software writer has actually gotten into this vehicle to see how it drives and changed the gear settings to what should be more respectable for this type of vehicle.

As for mileage the verdict is still out, need more testing. Oh and it appears my low speed shutter is gone.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #33
AmishGuy91
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85045
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 AmishGuy91 Good Standing Member
Got the fix last week...recommend everyone does. It's a night and day difference. Car is finally enjoyable to drive.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #34
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Picked mine up today from the dealer and took the side streets home as that is where alot of my issues surfaced. I must say it is considerably better than before the TSB update. The shutter is reduced and every once in awhile I feel a hint of it (not a deal breaker now like it was before though). The RPM comes up and it definitely has more pep in city traffic. From a stop I let off the brake and within a second or two you can feel the vehicle engage and move forward. Will have to wait a few days to see if the adaptive learning strategy changes anything up as the dealer said it may be a little stiff in regards to shifting the next couple days. All in all the TSB took a car with issues and made it 100% better than it was, Now just wait and see if it reverts back after awhile. Will report back in about a week about any changes either good or bad.

Montana
Old 10-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #35
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
descentgate sums my experience up so far. I've only had it for this afternoon and will give more feedback after my 40mi. commute to school tomorrow, with some highway and stop and go traffic, to see how the car responds. so far I too still have shudder at a stop, but as said, not quite as prominent. Hope it's not just the placebo effect. I may stop by a second Ford dealership just to make sure they actually did the reflash, because the guy I initially talked to at my dealership is a douche.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #36
2012TI
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87295
What I Drive: 12 titanium blue candy, 2001 SVT co

FF Reputation: 1 2012TI Good Standing Member
is this a new update that was just released???, if so can we get a TSB #
Old 11-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #37
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012TI View Post
is this a new update that was just released???, if so can we get a TSB #
well you got your answer... but next time read the thread, the TSB info was posted up on page 1...
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #38
Starfury
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86844
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Starfury Good Standing Member
Not sure if I see the "problem" I'm having with my transmission described in the TSB.

It seems to chose far too low a gear (3rd I believe) when descending some hills after tapping the brakes in Sport mode. I usually shift out of it as it seems that there is entirely too much engine-braking on some grades. Some of the hills I drive down are a bit much for Drive, but not enough for 3rd.

Car was built 8/1.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #39
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifocus View Post
Your car was built before 8/12 and you do qualify for this update. I would talk to dealer and have them do it anyway...
I second the motion!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #40
mjsimerly
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85803
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mjsimerly Good Standing Member
Had the update done today and it definitely feels A LOT smoother!

The shuddering didn't bother me very much but the awkwardly high-revving on downhill descents did... anddd... it's fixed!

Voila! Definitely highly recommended to anyone who has a vehicle eligible for the re-flash.

Bookmarks & Social Networks