SYNC System Thread - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #11
descentgate
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86793
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Tinted Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 descentgate Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPopNC View Post
Start simple, say something like " I'm hungry " to see what it does.

Also, it really wants things in a specific format, so make sure you're following that. At first make sure you have it set for default so she prompts you for the next step, then you can start with "Destination", then she'll ask follow-up multiple choice questions for next steps.

It is a learned system so over time it will pick up on your specific voice patterns so then both you and SYNC will be more compatible.
I don't think Elizabeth has the "full-blown" MFT voice set. Simple Sync will only let you say "archaic" commands like "USB" or "Line In" or "Phone". Elizabeth, if you don't have an Ipod or a Cell Phone connected, those are the only commands that technically will work until you get them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wag4513 View Post
I tried to set up the sync traffic update between home and work and back. It wanted to know who my phone service was with. When I selected T-Mobile I was told the that wasn't a supported provider, and that was the end of it.

Tried again and selected Sprint and it worked just fine. When I got the traffic notices it said I could get 10 a month. That is not any help and I ended the notices.

I have MFT, if that makes any difference

Has anybody else used this feature? What were your results?
I can't comment on the service anomaly you had (I have Verizon), but I have used traffic... and MAN it's damn accurate. Its caught crashes on interstates well before I've gotten to them, and ahead of Google Nav sometimes.

Example: One morning I was heading to visit a friend in Atlanta from Columbus, OH, and so I saw on my Google Maps (I don't have MFT Nav) a huge red bar on I-75 (for slow traffic) in the middle of nowhere and I was like, what the heck is that?

I called Traffic Directions and Information, and asked about "Traffic" then "Atlanta, GA". It reported to me the amount of incidents between my location and Atlanta, and that included a crash EXACTLY right after the red bar, and some construction zones in the greater atlanta area. Then I asked for "more details" and it gave me the speed of traffic in the crash area, between what exits the crash was located, and the amount of lanes estimated to be blocked (it said all).

Initially, I was skeptical, but as I got closer to where the system said the delay began, I started seeing the brakelights (which fortunately didn't block my exit). With this info, I was able to zoom off route and take an alternate route, saving me a good amount of time. You'll find out that some of this information is similar to what's relayed on the Variable Message Boards on the expressways (those big LED signs that usually say "Buckle up!" if nothing's happening), but if none of those are around, Traffic is a lifesaver.

It's saved me multiple times from traffic headaches already.

I don't have a limited amount of Traffic sessions, but I know I have a limited amount of operator sessions.

- 2002 Ford Focus ZTS (CD Silver Metallic)
- 2012 Ford Focus SEL (Blue Candy Tinted Metallic)

Bookmarks & Social Networks