2012 Focus Overheating - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #31
hammy627
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86517
What I Drive: 2010 Classic Silver SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 hammy627 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_2000_se View Post
lol...

I'll bet it's from improper maintenance of the 'Grill Mechanism' per Deysha of FO-rd CU-stomer S-ervice.

Glock - driving down any remote dirt roads lately and not cleaning your grill ?

lol.
It's kind of a Soprano's joke Glock. After you shoot 'em you have to drive to a remote locale to dump the bodies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #32
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgnomad View Post
I have literally just bought a 2012 Titanium Focus Hatch and the minute I drove it off the lot it was overheating. But while I was driving it was ok, only overheated while Idling. Since I got it late in the day, service dept. was closed. Now I have to drop it off first thing in the morning. And maybe not have it for the weekend. So there are more of us out there.
Calgnomad,

I am sorry to hear your new Focus is overheating. Were you able to have it diagnosed at your dealer? Please send me a private message with your contact information, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealer. I would like to assist in resolving this.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 07-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #33
Shipexc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87495
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Shipexc Good Standing Member
Angry Shipexc

2012 Focus Se - 3100 miles, after driving 70 + miles at 60 MPH + drove through a fast food drive thru, after sitting with AC on with outside temp at 90 + had warning engine was hot, turned engine off, sat less then 1 min restarted engine temp gauge was in normal range, next day ( after driving 500 miles +) with no problems we had the same issue sitting in heavy stop and go traffic, again turned engine off and waited until light changed, started engine and again temp gauge in normal range, next day as we traveled home on I -65 with stop and go traffic due to an accident same deal, this time turning engine off did no good, ended up turning AC off, turning heat on high ( over 90 degrees that day) roasting until we saw a rest area less than a mile away, drove on the side of the road to rest area and sat until traffic cleared. Not a happy camper when I called the dealer we bought the car from (as we sat in rest area sweating) and was told to bring it in on Thursday ( 7-7-2011) and plan to leave it at least 48 hours! Strike 2!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #34
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Shipexc,

I am sure your Focus overheating must have been frustrating. Especially on such a hot day! Please send me a private message with your VIN, contact info, mileage and servicing dealer so I can try to assist. I will document your situation, and I can arrange for you to be contacted as well. I will keep a look out for your response.

~Natasha

Old 10-26-2011, 05:39 PM   #35
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Have folks identified what happened that caused this? The reason I ask is the same thing happened to me yesterday. I have just over 4000 miles. I had just driven 200 miles and after my car sitting for a couple hours in the garage I had to get downtown. I was in stop N go traffic and the warning showed on my dash and the temp line was nearly at red. I pulled over to the shoulder. To my pleasant surprise a "HERO" unit pulled behind me in like 2 minutes. We looked under the hood but all appeared fine. Then as I was able to actually get on a road where I had some speed - the temp dropped to normal. But then it went right back up at the next stop light, then to normal again when I was able to move. I would like to know if this is truly the engine overheating or if it is an issue with the thermostat or gauge. I know I can take it in, but if others have this same issue then I will know how urgent the need for service really is....
Old 10-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #36
Grumpy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 43791
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 28 Grumpy Great Standing Member
Yes, take it back to the dealer ASAP. It probably is really overheating.......we already know about the thermostat issues with some of the 2012s. Overheating, or an indication of overheating is not something to fool with.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #37
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbr30022 View Post
I had just driven 200 miles and after my car sitting for a couple hours in the garage I had to get downtown. I was in stop N go traffic and the warning showed on my dash and the temp line was nearly at red. I pulled over to the shoulder. To my pleasant surprise a "HERO" unit pulled behind me in like 2 minutes.
Hi lrbr30022,

I'm glad a hero came to help you! Definitely bring it to the dealer to figure out why it overheated. Also, PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can assist. Thanks!

~Natasha

Old 10-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #38
bobbobcat
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91282
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 1 bobbobcat Good Standing Member
Just purchased my 2012 Focus, 522 miles, havent even owned it a week and it began the same overheating problem that you are all speaking of! I brought to Ford Service and the advisor said it shouldn't be doing this! No kidding! I'm hoping there are no more problems after this issue!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #39
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbobcat View Post
Just purchased my 2012 Focus, 522 miles, havent even owned it a week and it began the same overheating problem that you are all speaking of!
Hey bobbobcat,

I know it's upsetting to have issues on such a new vehicle. Was your dealer able to resolve the overheating? Please private message me your info (VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state) so I can help.

~Natasha

Old 11-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #40
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbr30022 View Post
Have folks identified what happened that caused this? The reason I ask is the same thing happened to me yesterday. I have just over 4000 miles. I had just driven 200 miles and after my car sitting for a couple hours in the garage I had to get downtown. I was in stop N go traffic and the warning showed on my dash and the temp line was nearly at red. I pulled over to the shoulder. To my pleasant surprise a "HERO" unit pulled behind me in like 2 minutes. We looked under the hood but all appeared fine. Then as I was able to actually get on a road where I had some speed - the temp dropped to normal. But then it went right back up at the next stop light, then to normal again when I was able to move. I would like to know if this is truly the engine overheating or if it is an issue with the thermostat or gauge. I know I can take it in, but if others have this same issue then I will know how urgent the need for service really is....
I am all fixed now! The dealer was great, took less then an hour to diagnose the problem - radiator cooling fan. They gave me a rental and I picked up my car the next day. They also updated to the latest PCM & TCM calibrations. I could feel the difference in the shifting on the way home but did not know what PCM & TCM were until I just searched the internet. Now I know why the shifting felt different.

I am very happy with my Focus, love all the features. And even with this repair - Ford did me right.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->