2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 25 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #241
centflfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91115
What I Drive: 2007 black 350z

FF Reputation: 1 centflfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Beep...the car show(mustangs) was on the large side of the car lot,All the cars were moved to the back lot in (NO) order,(the other side is the used cars.)salemen and i decided it was not worth moving 6/8 vechicles to get to either the 2012 red hatchback,or the black sedan...we set up next weekend for the deed...yes the 2010 focus did roll back on the incline,for FL.i would consider the incline pretty steep!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #242
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by centflfocus View Post
Beep...the car show(mustangs) was on the large side of the car lot,All the cars were moved to the back lot in (NO) order,(the other side is the used cars.)salemen and i decided it was not worth moving 6/8 vechicles to get to either the 2012 red hatchback,or the black sedan...we set up next weekend for the deed...yes the 2010 focus did roll back on the incline,for FL.i would consider the incline pretty steep!!
Still doesn't explain why you tried a 2010 that's not even remotely close to the 2012.So,are you buying or not the 2012?Not sure I understand your story.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #243
centflfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91115
What I Drive: 2007 black 350z

FF Reputation: 1 centflfocus Good Standing Member
since it was too much of an issue trying to get to the 2012,he(salemen)was trying to see if we felt comfortable in(the size)of the focus,or the next car up from that,can't remember the badge name on it...it was in the 25k price range...the wife and i *were* going to go down next weekend to buy the 2012...we have had a change of heart!!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:34 PM   #244
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
since it was too much of an issue trying to get to the 2012,he(salemen)was trying to see if we felt comfortable in(the size)of the focus,or the next car up from that,can't remember the badge name on it...it was in the 25k price range...the wife and i *were* going to go down next weekend to buy the 2012...we have had a change of heart!!
Happy to see you came to your senses,that salesman was an idiot!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #245
goseejoe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90776
What I Drive: 2012 silver sel

FF Reputation: 1 goseejoe Good Standing Member
2012 trans problems on national radio

Just an FYI.
My wife called me at work to let me know she had just heard on local radio station (network news) that Ford was once again losing sales to Honda,Toyota and other brands because of serious transmission problems with their 2012 line-up.
Sorry I can't quote it more accurately but that is what she remembers.
Seems this problem is growing.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #246
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goseejoe View Post
Just an FYI.
My wife called me at work to let me know she had just heard on local radio station (network news) that Ford was once again losing sales to Honda,Toyota and other brands because of serious transmission problems with their 2012 line-up.
Sorry I can't quote it more accurately but that is what she remembers.
Seems this problem is growing.
It has to do with the new "Consumer Report" rating.Here's a nice article from "Motor Trend" about it:

http://blogs.motortrend.com/consumer...ity-18609.html
Old 10-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #247
Offrddrver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88002
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Metalic Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Offrddrver Good Standing Member
For what it is worth...
The morning news report also noted that Ford reliability rating has slipped on the Ford Focus and Fiesta due to transmission issues and Mytouch/Sync issues.
I still say it takes someone getting seriously injured or killed due to these transmission issues before Ford really treats it like they should.
(Just read back through these posts and see how many of us on this post have had near misses due to this lack luster trans.)
Old 10-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #248
Offrddrver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88002
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Metalic Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Offrddrver Good Standing Member
Sorry, the morning Television report.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #249
cardoc1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90592
What I Drive: 2012 titanium 5door

FF Reputation: 1 cardoc1 Good Standing Member
I am supposed to take delivery of a Titanium hatch back in two weeks. With all the transmission problems reported and Fords failure to find the fault I just may say screw it and walk away. The shuddering described sounds in my opinion like clutch chatter caused by contaminated friction surfaces.It is an automated manual with two clutches. Clutch chatter if caused by contamination does not go away by itself. Will Ford ever find a solution? Will they stand behind their product? What will this problem do to resale value? Will they discontinue the manufacture of this trans and replace it with something else next year? I have owned many Ford products in the last forty years and have been very satisfied, but this really scares me. I don't want to throw $25,000 down a rat hole. I need some gurantees from Ford that they can fix this problem,or I will walk away.
I can live with the My touch problems because I feel that it is a firmware or software problem and can be fixed.

Last edited by cardoc1; 10-27-2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #250
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSBB6 View Post
I have 500km on my 2012 focus and am starting to get the shaking during takeoff and between 1st and 2nd gear changes...will it get better as I put more miles in there??
Hi LVSBB6,

Many initial concerns have resolved themselves as the clutch breaks in. Since you are concerned, I suggest visiting the dealer so they can inspect it and ease your worries. You are also welcome to contact Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1.800.565.3673 and discuss your issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderer View Post
I have 820 miles on my Focus and started to get terrific shaking at idle and the lower gears tonight, bad enough to spill liquid.
Hey Ponderer,

What did your dealer advise? PM me and let me know, and send your info (VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state) so I can help.

Quote:
so glad i found this forum,we were set to go down next weekend and buy the 2012 focus red hatchback...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoc1 View Post
I am supposed to take delivery of a Titanium hatch back in two weeks.
@centflfocus & cardoc1,

The PowerShift transmission has an adaptive learning process that enables it to smooth out as it adjusts to individual driving habits. Shifting is electronically controlled, so it has different sensations than a basic transmission. Rest assured, I am here to help with the few experiencing lingering issues, and the Focus is an excellent decision for your next vehicle.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks