2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 24 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #231
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
Definitely not going to buy one. I'm happy with my 2006 FORD Fusion.
Sorry to say ,but you're on the wrong board and the wrong thread.And if you don't know the full story ,simply mind your own business!

I used to be a proud Ford owner and when my problems started I tried to hide it.But when you spend almost a month in dealership rolling billboard of a loaner ,it's a little hard to hide that your brand new car has some major problems.Then I got a load of promises,lies and even the dumb salesman who called me at work asking if I was gonna give him a good rating on the stupid survey!And more than 3 month after the purchase ,you would seriously think ,I can still remain a proud Ford owner???
In my lifetime I bough for 125 000$ of Ford vehicles and all I got in return is a lemon!And someone think I will buy another Ford again???For real??

If anyone at Ford had any pride and self respect ,they would remove theses lemons from the roads.If you think I talk a lot here,Imagine in my family who were all Ford owners and won't step foot in a Ford dealership again.All my friends and co-workers who heard me curse that car for months.Do you think they'll consider a Ford?Hell no.All I wanted was a simple cheap and reliable car ,and Ford couldn't deliver.Do you think I'll trust Ford again?NO.

With all the good small cars like the Mazda3,Civic,Corolla and Elantra,Ford can't afford to act like they do.

They sure lost me and everyone around me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #232
nydriver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90846
What I Drive: 2012 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 nydriver Good Standing Member
We won't fix it.

My issue was escalated to customer service and they called me this week. He told me that Ford is not acknowledging that there are any problems with this car. And until they acknowledge that there is a problem they won't fix it. How convenient.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #233
ChrissyP
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89068
What I Drive: 2012 red focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 ChrissyP Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nydriver View Post
My issue was escalated to customer service and they called me this week. He told me that Ford is not acknowledging that there are any problems with this car. And until they acknowledge that there is a problem they won't fix it. How convenient.
Well I guess I can expect the same then.... I just talked to the "ford relationship center.".... She told me someone will be in touch.................
Old 10-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #234
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
And that is all we are going to get from Ford, Here is the deal, According to a larger percentage of members here that own a 2012 Focus they do not have any of these issues yet Ford is electing to deny that a problem may even exist, Ford have you driven anyone's car yet that had these issues? The tech at the dealer verified mine but Ford classifies it as normal (The tech didn't though). If you find it unreasonable that you paid over 20K for a vehicle that has these issues then I would ask that you file a complaint with the NHTSA and I am even supplying a link for you Here. Ford will not listen or do they care what the customer issues are. You heard there is strength in numbers well if nobody files any complaints then we get exactly what we asked for nothing. As of this point in time there are a total of 7 transmission complaints filed with the NHTSA and I know there has to be more out there with this issue than just 7.

Montana
Old 10-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #235
Beepster
Banned

The big problem with Ford is that they work with the old thinking that "Customer Loyalty" will keep them in business. And no matter what problems the cars got ,these customers will buy other Ford's again.This school of thought maybe have worked after WWII but today with all the great cars on the market ,this will kill you.Ford may think they are indestructable after surviving the last "big bailouts" period and other hard economic times,but eventually their actions will make them hit rock bottom.A few months ago,the thought of that would have made me feel bad ,but right now I couldn't care less.

For more than 16 weeks I've been driving a car that I can't use for the reason I bought it.I can't resale it because of the ZERO $ resale value. And for some odd reasons,the staff of my dealership thinks that calling me by my first name is appropriate.

Yeah ,loyalty may take a strong hit after all that BS.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #236
ChrissyP
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89068
What I Drive: 2012 red focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 ChrissyP Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
And that is all we are going to get from Ford, Here is the deal, According to a larger percentage of members here that own a 2012 Focus they do not have any of these issues yet Ford is electing to deny that a problem may even exist, Ford have you driven anyone's car yet that had these issues? The tech at the dealer verified mine but Ford classifies it as normal (The tech didn't though). If you find it unreasonable that you paid over 20K for a vehicle that has these issues then I would ask that you file a complaint with the NHTSA and I am even supplying a link for you Here. Ford will not listen or do they care what the customer issues are. You heard there is strength in numbers well if nobody files any complaints then we get exactly what we asked for nothing. As of this point in time there are a total of 7 transmission complaints filed with the NHTSA and I know there has to be more out there with this issue than just 7.

Montana
I have registered my complaint and hope all others do so too! Thanks for the info Montana!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #237
LVSBB6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91020
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 LVSBB6 Good Standing Member
I have 500km on my 2012 focus and am starting to get the shaking during takeoff and between 1st and 2nd gear changes...will it get better as I put more miles in there??
Old 10-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #238
Ponderer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90545
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Ponderer Good Standing Member
I have 820 miles on my Focus and started to get terrific shaking at idle and the lower gears tonight, bad enough to spill liquid. I've owned lots of manual cars, and I know what they feel like. This was something terribly wrong. The amber engine light came on as well.

Gonna try to take it to the dealership on Monday to see if they can do anything about it. Was loving the car up till now.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #239
centflfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91115
What I Drive: 2007 black 350z

FF Reputation: 1 centflfocus Good Standing Member
so glad i found this forum,we were set to go down next weekend and buy the 2012 focus red hatchback...could not drive the 2012 due to a car show at the dealership.did try the 2010 just to see how they drive.yes it did roll backwards on a incline,something that we could live with,we heard about the tires,(continental)again something we could live with,but this thread,i believe saved us from making a 21k mistake!!like a few others remarks i read here,great body style and interior, and price sold us!!

Last edited by centflfocus; 10-25-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #240
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by centflfocus View Post
so glad i found this forum,we were set to go down to nick nicholas ford in inverness,fl.next weekend and buy the 2012 focus red hatchback...could not drive the 2012 due to a car show at the dealership.did try the 2010 just to see how they drive.yes it did roll backwards on a incline,something that we could live with,we heard about the tires,(continental)again something we could live with,but this thread,i believe saved us from making a 21k mistake!!like a few others remarks i read here,great body style and interior, and price sold us!! thank Gary...
I'm glad to see that you were lucky and dodged the bullet by not buying a 2012 Focus,but there are a few parts of the story that don't make much sense.The first is the part of trying a 2010 Focus when you wanted the 2012.The car is totally different and has nothing to do with the 2012.The other is about the car rolling back while stopping uphill.If you experienced that with the 2010,it's because it must have been a hell of a hill or there was a serious issue with the auto transmission.On the 2012,the back roll only happens if you release the brakes too quickly.

I'm glad to see that the word is getting out and that people are doing there homeworks,but I seriously don't get why you tried a 2010.Your story doesn't make much sense.

Bookmarks & Social Networks