Ford Blew up my car - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #41
j4pro2001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89942
What I Drive: 03 Screamin Yellow SVT

FF Reputation: 1 j4pro2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok Guys its game day last day to figuar out what i can do the Manager is going to call me today but he hasent yet they close in half hour.

I made the point that it drove in with it why cant it drive it out.

I also told them that it had power when cold

and it made no noise

He said it might be a oil issue so i forgot to ask him why it would blow up when it got on timing.

Any thing you guy think i should say!

hey ford tecks im lookng for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #42
blackonblacksvt03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80038
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black SVT 3D

FF Reputation: 2 blackonblacksvt03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
i think you hit all the main points there just tell him you are willing to take it over his head to the g.m of the dealer or to ford, because at the end of the day ford wants everyone to leave happy because happy customers buy more ford cars.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #43
j4pro2001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Update:

Went in to talk to the manger this time. We talked for a few minutes he brought me over to the car and showed me the scope. There was 4 valves sitting in cylinder 4. He said that i brought the car in there like that. If his guy put the timing off all 16 valves would be in the cylinder. I told him i DROVE it in and he said that he didn't know that! WHAT BS he would never admit that i drove it to there dealership. Or that his tech drove the car into the BAY!!! dude this is getting insane.

Remember guys i brought the car in thursday and he CALLED ME THE SAME DAY our covo "hey drew car just needs to be timed want a ford belt i suggest a idler and tensioner" i said cool He said be done tomorrow call you when its done.

NOT ONCE DID HE SAY WOW THIS THING WONT RUN I CANT EVEN PULL IT IN THE SHOP. HE NEVER ONCE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT INTERNAL DAMAGE HE SAID THE CAR RAN TO GOOD FOR THAT.

Im i going insane???? Like what did i have to do to get a honest answer out of someone there i have been 150% percent honest with them!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #44
Useful-idiot_mike
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89820
What I Drive: 03 infra red svt#1537

FF Reputation: 4 Useful-idiot_mike Good Standing Member
wow dude sorry to hear about all the trouble your having, i think if it was me i would have already taken this matter above there heads and talked with ford about it!!
2003 infra red svt #1537/ 00 honda cbr929rr/ 05 c230 kompressor
Old 10-23-2011, 02:08 AM   #45
SuperStockAMX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89501
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange EAP SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SuperStockAMX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You will win in court. If that ever happens, appearing like a dumb driver will get you further along than when you act like you know something technical. The "I dunno, it ran good but when it got hot not so good" is best. The fact you drove it to the shop and the tech drove it to the bay is all the judge really needs to know from you. Let your expert witness (pay for Turbo Tom's flight) discuss the details.
Unfortunately it takes time & money and your dealer will assume you have neither (or the patience).
I spun out a 'Cuda in an intersection soon after picking it up from trans shop. The put a seal in the trans; incorrectly. And it spit out in an intersection. They refused to fix it. I can't even remember why.
Took them to small claims ($2500 or less here) and had a buddy that worked at an AAMCO testify what was wrong with the installation. I won.
Since you obviously need a car that runs, I'd hire an attorney, give them the chance to fix your SVT and supply a rental car until fixed. If they say no, buy a new engine and have a shop (not you) install it. Now your damages are engine, labor and rental and attorney fee's and court costs.
Courts are a lot softer on the consumer than the dealer. Especially given the circumstances and your offer to let the dealer fix the problem. I'd give you an 85% chance of success.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #46
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 152 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
This may be easier then you think

When you go to Ford for work a rep comes to your car and does the paper work , you need a copy of this , this guy will know that it was drove in and not towed in (broken valves would need to be towed)

You need to get names of people , if it was in bad shape did this guy that did the paperwork have to push it into the shop for repairs or how did it get to the tech that did the initial report

Who followed you to the dealer to take you home , a witness they would know that you drove it ?

Take this and go to the GM of that dealership , it should be enough

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #47
j4pro2001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
This may be easier then you think

When you go to Ford for work a rep comes to your car and does the paper work , you need a copy of this , this guy will know that it was drove in and not towed in (broken valves would need to be towed)

You need to get names of people , if it was in bad shape did this guy that did the paperwork have to push it into the shop for repairs or how did it get to the tech that did the initial report

Who followed you to the dealer to take you home , a witness they would know that you drove it ?

Take this and go to the GM of that dealership , it should be enough

Tom

The Service person that checked in my car lied to my face and told me that he dident know that the car was drove in and that i cant prove that. My friend that i work with picked me up.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #48
j4pro2001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I have talked to the service manager and owner ect. They keep on telling me that i brought in there like that. They wont budge he said that when i brought the car to get timed buy a local shop they messed it up. He said they had to limp it in. well news flash i put 630 miles on the car from when the local shop timed it to when they got it. They are stickin to the techs story. But this weekend i seen the tech in a local store and he called me a f*k1ng a$$hole. I know someone that used to work there and he called and asked but his friends were off so i couldn't find out what happened to my car officially but im not dumb obviously he had it off time and started it. He has a law suit on him now from something he messed up. He had to be the dumbest mechanic i have ever talked to he told me he drove it and it drove like crap (LIE) then he told me that he didn't drive it. Then said i ran the car well no i didn't well i might have obviously he is lying.
wow this is getting crazy its been week and i dont have my car. Im paying for a freeking demo from work i dont have the extra cash for a new motor i just bought the dam car!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #49
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 152 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
What about the service writer , there had to of been one and how did they get it from the service writer to the mechanic

Thats where I would start, If he says it was running and that you drove it in then your golden

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #50
Focus_ZX5_SES
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83988
What I Drive: '13 F-150 STX '10 International

FF Reputation: 4 Focus_ZX5_SES Good Standing Member
Here is a long shot that may help. You could also see if they have any surveillance cameras. It would show you pulling into the parking lot and maybe much more depending on how many and where they are. Good luck actually acquiring the footage but its worth a shot.

Bookmarks & Social Networks