Official Winter Tires Thread: Please post any winter questions here! - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #31
RRM707
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89868
What I Drive: 2012 White Sedan Titanium 18" whls

FF Reputation: 1 RRM707 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
To solve this, use the lowest level Focus(S), as the vehicle that you are buying wheels & tires for.

Being that you can't buy a Titanium from Ford with 15" wheels, it won't show them as suitable wheels.

I'm ready to buy as well, & it worked fine for me(I also have a Titanium)

Hope that helps...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #32
danc8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90141
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 danc8 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRM707 View Post
To solve this, use the lowest level Focus(S), as the vehicle that you are buying wheels & tires for.

Being that you can't buy a Titanium from Ford with 15" wheels, it won't show them as suitable wheels.

I'm ready to buy as well, & it worked fine for me(I also have a Titanium)

Hope that helps...
Thanks. I know. My point is that the customer shouldn't have to figure this out. The vendor is sloppy and needs to be called on this. There are many easier ways to spend my money. I don't need vendors who aren't making sure that they are error free. Don't solicit business online without checking your links.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #33
miles@tirerack.com
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85510
FF Reputation: 3 miles@tirerack.com Good Standing Member
Everything is fixed so it should come up now. I apologize for the error and really do appreciate you bringing this to my attention. As you can imagine there are so many vehicles that require specific fitments that occasionally one gets missed. Thanks for your patience while this was corrected.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #34
RRM707
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89868
What I Drive: 2012 White Sedan Titanium 18" whls

FF Reputation: 1 RRM707 Good Standing Member
There really was no "error". If Ford doesn't sell a Titanium with 15" wheels, why would Tire Rack try & sell a 15" wheel/tire for it?

Us Titanium owners just got lucky that they fit. Good for us! Thx Miles
Old 09-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #35
danc8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90141
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 danc8 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by miles@tirerack.com View Post
Everything is fixed so it should come up now. I apologize for the error and really do appreciate you bringing this to my attention. As you can imagine there are so many vehicles that require specific fitments that occasionally one gets missed. Thanks for your patience while this was corrected.
Thank you Miles. Makes it easier and gives me peace of mind knowing it is an option that Tire Rack endorses.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #36
d-ko2-c
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90499
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi

FF Reputation: 1 d-ko2-c Good Standing Member
Hi,

today I was surprised when I found this forum. I search for tire size informations and winter tires options, and I have found some very useful informations here.

I have summer tires, as manufacturer specifications recommendation: 205/60/R16, and here where I live, is really hard to find winter tires with that dimensions, so I must use an alternative. There are two options:

1. To buy 195/55/R16 tires, or
2. To buy new rims with R15, and mount on it tires 195/60/R15

The price is similar in both cases, but in 2. I would get additional R15 rims.

(R16 tires price ~ R15 tires + rims price)
Old 10-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #37
miles@tirerack.com
Focus Enthusiast

If you have the option of getting a 15'' package for the same cost I would jump at it. It's generally better for winter use and could save you money in the long run to avoid doing a mount and balance as you switch your tires every season.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #38
d-ko2-c
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90499
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi

FF Reputation: 1 d-ko2-c Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by miles@tirerack.com View Post
If you have the option of getting a 15'' package for the same cost I would jump at it. It's generally better for winter use and could save you money in the long run to avoid doing a mount and balance as you switch your tires every season.
Thank you for your answer.

I didn`t find new 15" rims for focus yet, so I will probably go for R16 tires. They forecast snow for a weekend, and I want to mount winter tires before that, so I already have contacted a dealer.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #39
lo-fo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43482
What I Drive: 2012 5dr Ti Sport

FF Reputation: 1 lo-fo Good Standing Member
hi.
i have a 2012 5dr hatchback with the 18" sport summer tires. i will be driving in snow (mountains area, big bear etc) maybe a handful times during the year. how difficult will chains be to use because of the limited space?
Old 10-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #40
miles@tirerack.com
Focus Enthusiast

I think you should have enough room for chains. There is a little bit of play in the wheel well even with the OE 18'' option so you should be able to do it. May not be easy to get on and off though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->