2012 Focus Turbo Kit - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #21
Dgc333
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85422
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, SEL

Points 750, Level 14
Points: 750, Level: 14 Points: 750, Level: 14 Points: 750, Level: 14
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Dgc333 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ferrari and Porsche are using direct injection on there new engines and making a lot more power than the predecessors. So saying direct injection is not good for power is rubbish.

Just like when engines moved to EFI everyone screamed it was no good for power. It will just take time for the aftermarket to figure it out.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #22
Dgc333
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85422
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, SEL

Points 750, Level 14
Points: 750, Level: 14 Points: 750, Level: 14 Points: 750, Level: 14
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Dgc333 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUrivie View Post
Doesn't the '12 Foci have something like 12:1 compression? Seems like that compression and boost aren't going to like each other.
Static compression really doesn't matter it's the dynamic compression that is going to determine how much boost you can run. And dynamic compression is determined by when the intake valve closes ABDC and with the new engine that is variable with the adjustable cam timing.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #23
Mucrammada
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91537
What I Drive: 2013 Limited WRX Hatch, 2011 CTS

FF Reputation: 1 Mucrammada Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
There is a company that fabricates custom turbos here. If I just wanted some boost how much would I expect to pay?
Official Mayo Hater #5
Old 05-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #24
700whpfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 40899
What I Drive: 2000 zx3 twillight blue focus

Points 5,359, Level 47
Points: 5,359, Level: 47 Points: 5,359, Level: 47 Points: 5,359, Level: 47
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 700whpfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmylez View Post
When people put just bolt-ons on the MS3, the stock Crank Driven Fuel Pump starts failing from the increased pressure it has to run. New pump is $680. Then guys start running high fuel pressure on the new pump and sometimes blow out the Fuel Pump Relief Valve so they have to either get a stronger RV and rig it up, or turn their fuel pressure down. Also, one guy making LESS than 500whp is at I think 98% injector duty cycle. Guess what? Nobody makes higher flowing injectors.

Another problem is that direction injection only gives you a small window to inject fuel. With port injection, you have way more wiggle room. There's a reason that a guy in the Ukraine put custom port injectors into his intake manifold so that he could get reliable fuel at the 500whp mark.

Direct injection is more efficient, but not really geared towards making lots of power. Yes, the Coyote motor is a beast, but take an old port injected 5.0, build it to hell, and slap a couple of GT40s on there. You will make the power more easily without the hassle of DI.
I believe in one of the new performance magazines, there is a stock looking MS3 making over 600whp.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.