2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 18 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #171
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by washburn View Post
I for one like my car except for the problems with the transmission. I have had many {actually around 15 Fords} and this is the first time, I have had issues like this where no one seems to be able to address the issues.
Hi washburn,

I responded to your PM a few minutes ago, so please check your inbox when you have a chance. Thanks for your loyalty, and the patience you have shown.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #172
murfmoble
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90355
What I Drive: 2012 silver focus titianum

FF Reputation: 1 murfmoble Good Standing Member
2012 6 speed transmission

My 2012 is in the shop for the shake problem, I took it in with 75 miles on it & was told to put about 1000 miles on and see if it would wear in,I now have 2600 and I still have the low speed problem but only in auto mode,If I use the slap stick mode I don't feel the shake, Make any sense to you out there?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #173
washburn
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90107
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 washburn Good Standing Member
what in the heck is a slap stick. My car is an automatic so is there something I don't know?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #174
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
what in the heck is a slap stick. My car is an automatic so is there something I don't know?
I think he is referring to the select shift using the toggle on the shifter.

murfmoble,
The only difference I know of when using the select shift is the programming.

Montana
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #175
murfmoble
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90355
What I Drive: 2012 silver focus titianum

FF Reputation: 1 murfmoble Good Standing Member
2012 6 speed transmission

Quote:
what I mean to say is the paddle shift mode or standard shift mode.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #176
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfmoble View Post
My 2012 is in the shop for the shake problem, I took it in with 75 miles on it & was told to put about 1000 miles on and see if it would wear in,I now have 2600 and I still have the low speed problem but only in auto mode,If I use the slap stick mode I don't feel the shake
Hi murfmoble,

I'm glad you brought your Focus to the dealer for diagnosis. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 10-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #177
MJEFF
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90431
What I Drive: White, 2012 , SE, auto

FF Reputation: 1 MJEFF Good Standing Member
Focus trans problems

I drive a 2012 Focus SE, it is a delivery car for the company I work for. We have two of them currently and there is a possibility of another one.
We also have the shuddering transmission issues and the car does roll back a bit while on a hill, when moving the brake to the gas.
The cars currently are approaching 1200 miles. We put on 250 miles per day and it is said that the clutches will get better by approx 2000 miles.

Just a few evaluations, I am not a Ford person and I know that this is a new venture for Ford with the 2.0 litre motor and this new 6 speed trans and direct injection.
In one of the responses , it was said that Ford put a ton of hours in on the transmission design and testing. To me they missed the boat, however there will be "no rush to judgement" until well after 2500 miles.
The car does get over 32mpg with just these very few miles, seems to handle resonably and has good brakes.

I notice that the car has syn oil in it and I am planning to have the oil changed about every 5-6K depending on the color and useage ( if any)
I would be interested in hearing from any members about oil change intervals.
All of our cars are very well cared for by the professional drivers and serviced by qualified mechanics. MJEFF
Old 10-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #178
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJEFF View Post
I drive a 2012 Focus SE, it is a delivery car for the company I work for. We have two of them currently and there is a possibility of another one.
We also have the shuddering transmission issues and the car does roll back a bit while on a hill, when moving the brake to the gas.
The cars currently are approaching 1200 miles. We put on 250 miles per day and it is said that the clutches will get better by approx 2000 miles.

Just a few evaluations, I am not a Ford person and I know that this is a new venture for Ford with the 2.0 litre motor and this new 6 speed trans and direct injection.
In one of the responses , it was said that Ford put a ton of hours in on the transmission design and testing. To me they missed the boat, however there will be "no rush to judgement" until well after 2500 miles.
The car does get over 32mpg with just these very few miles, seems to handle resonably and has good brakes.

I notice that the car has syn oil in it and I am planning to have the oil changed about every 5-6K depending on the color and useage ( if any)
I would be interested in hearing from any members about oil change intervals.
All of our cars are very well cared for by the professional drivers and serviced by qualified mechanics. MJEFF
Hey MJeff,

What scares me here is Ford keeps pushing the normal break in date further and further into the future. In the owners manual and from Natasha from Ford they state the break in period is 1000 miles. Others here that have reached that number and still had issues were told to bring it back at 3000 miles. So is it 10,000 the following time until the warranty is out? Yet others and the larger percentage seem to have zero issues right off the lot, Why the difference and why is Ford not addressing the issue that us small percentage of owners are having?

Montana
Old 10-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #179
MJEFF
Focus Rookie

I drive a 2012 Focus SE , the company I work for just brought 2 brand new Focus for delivery work. 2.0Litre , direct injection, 6 spd . We also have a shuddering problem and it does roll back just a bit when going from brake to gas pedal.
Just a few thoughts, from a non Ford person, from what I read above Ford put a lot of hours in getting this transmission of the ground, so to speak. I think they missed the boat, however there will be no "rush to judgement" until the clutch/trans has reached 2500 miles. If it does not "break in" by then I will approach the local dealer where it was purchased.
The vehicl does get good mileage currently( with only 1200 miles) We put on 250 per day and according to the manual we could approach 38-40mpg. I also see we have syn oil from the factory and I expect that we will be doing oil changes at 5-6K depending on usage and the oil color. I would like to know what the forum is experiencing in this regard. Cars are to be driven in rural and interstate settings.
The professional drivers have the responsibility to bring the cars for service when the appropriate time arrives.

All cars are well taken care of , I am hoping that we can reach 250K per car.
I would like to hear from anyone on their thoughts etc. MJEFF
Old 10-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #180
MJEFF
Focus Rookie

Montana , hey I hear you.My solution so far is to "not soft pedal " the throttle from a dead stop and a bit more throttle seems to get by that clutch shuddering.

Another thing I don't like is the fact there is no manual downshifting at all, there is L (low but if you slip it into low at 15mph it seems to pull the trans right into first and not into second or third. Same also if you started in L it doesn't upshift to 2nd or 3rd, it stays in 1st....that is a poor design.....I wish they had gotten the trans with the sport designation. MJEFF

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->