Highway lane drifting - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
fishcat
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90434
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 fishcat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm so glad I found this forum, I bought a 2012 focus S 3 weeks ago to cover a 140 mile/day commute and initially really liked the car. After commuting 2 trips I started to notice that I wasn't able to one hand the wheel while in my lane on a straight highway cruise. I thought I was losing my mind because it felt like a detent in the steering at the exact straight line position. I would continually turn back and forth across this detent to maintain a straight line. It was really tedious and I thought it was all in my head seeing as it is a brand new car. After several days of this I decided to look into it a little and contacted my dealer, requesting any TSB info that they knew of. They stated that they didn't know of any but should look at the car. After that I tried google and suddenly found others describing EXACTLY what I was complaining about. I called the dealer back with the TSB info in this thread and they are in the process of replacing the rack. They were really understanding and only asked a few follow up questions, like how far my commute was. Anyhow, other than some of the hardware being on backorder, they are set to complete the work. I can't wait for the work to be completed and thanks tons for this thread validating that my mind is in tact. BTW - my manufacture date is 8-15-2011 and even though this was slightly after the TSB date they weren't in the slight bit hesitant to perform the repair.

Bookmarks & Social Networks