Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 29 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #281
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well ,my situation is getting better and better(sarcasm).Almost a month after meeting the owner of my dealership,I'm still in the dark and still get a load of promises that Ford is working hard to find a solution.New thing this morning,the brand new transmission,with less than 2000 miles ,has started to shake when I start to move from a complete stop.I called again the service manager that will call a Ford rep to tell him about the new problems that are piling on my car.I'm so sick of that POS.Sick of paying for someone elses mistake.When you pay 1500$ for shipping and get the car prepped ,you hope a little more than a wash and someone pulling a dipstick.

I used to be a Ford man before I made the mistake of buying that pos.The salesman gave me a "Customer Referral Card" giving me 50$ worth of gas for each customer I bring in the dealership.So far I was able to convince at least 50 people to NOT buy a Ford.

If I want to do the stupid road trip looks like I'm gonna have to rent a car.

Thanks Ford!!!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #282
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
New thing this morning,the brand new transmission,with less than 2000 miles ,has started to shake when I start to move from a complete stop.
So you did not have that issue during the break-in and for 1,000 miles after the break-in and now it is starting to do it? Yeah that is normal it is what Ford calls the delayed break-in. This is a isolated incident but still normal. You will have to wait until you get 10,000 miles on the car and then if it hasn't reduced the shake then wait another 5 yr 50,000 miles until the warranty is over that way we are not responsible for fixing it and then we will gladly charge you $10,000 to fix a issue that never existed.

Montana
Old 09-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #283
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
So you did not have that issue during the break-in and for 1,000 miles after the break-in and now it is starting to do it? Yeah that is normal it is what Ford calls the delayed break-in. This is a isolated incident but still normal. You will have to wait until you get 10,000 miles on the car and then if it hasn't reduced the shake then wait another 5 yr 50,000 miles until the warranty is over that way we are not responsible for fixing it and then we will gladly charge you $10,000 to fix a issue that never existed.

Montana
That's pretty much what I thought.I just want Ford to close the stupid TSB and work order,so I can sell it without getting sued.Apparently Ford can do it ,but not me! I expect losing between 4 and 7 thousand dollars from this adventure.The only way I can limit the damages,will be to buy a boring car like a brand new Corolla,that will be trouble free for the next 10 years.I normally don't keep a car more than 3 years,but considering how much I lost with this Focus,I don't see any other way out.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #284
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,161, Level 28
Points: 2,161, Level: 28 Points: 2,161, Level: 28 Points: 2,161, Level: 28
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmichael View Post
If I'm not mistaken, there is a reflash available from Ford for the MyTouch reboot problem.
blacktoe & jsmichael -

We've unveiled our first self-install update on SYNCMyRide.com for MyFord Touch equipped vehicles!

Version 2.11, previously available only as a dealer-install update, can now be downloaded from the Web to a USB flash drive and installed in your vehicle. Click here to check it out:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...uestLogin.aspx

Be sure to read about it on the Owner to Owner forum post to make sure the update applies to you:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=4337

If you have any questions about the download, installation, upload process, or anything in particular, feel free to ask.

~Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-27-2011, 12:21 AM   #285
Seldomseenkid
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89757
What I Drive: Ford Focus SE 2012 Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Seldomseenkid Good Standing Member
Seriously, is it any use to have that Nathasha Ford Customer service agent here? All she does is say:

- I understand bla. bla bla.
- Send me you Serial #, etc..

At this point it seems Ford doesn't care. I will keep my Ford Focus for a few months and end up selling it at loss cause we know ford have no resale value and i will buy a Toyota like my wife. It seems that the new Focus is all about the looks but not the quality.

I'm really an idiot to give Ford another chance. :-(
Old 09-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #286
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
I see why they pulled the transmission reflash TSB a few weeks ago.....

Quote:
22051 (AWARENESS) CALIBRATION UPDATE - AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND ENGINE DRIVABILITY IMPROVEMENTS - BUILT ON ON BEFORE 8/12/2011
SOME 2012 FOCUS VEHICLES BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/12/2011 MAY EXHIBIT VARIOUS AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND ENGINE DRIVABILITY CONCERNS. THE VEHICLE MAY ALSO EXHIBIT DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTC) U0422, P00D2, P068A, P0850, P2610, P2832, P286F OR P2877. ATTEMPTING TO REFLASH THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE AND TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE WITH IDS RELEASE 74.05 OR 75.01 WILL RESULT IN A NO CRANK/NO START CONDITION AND SHOULD NOT BE PERFORMED AT THIS TIME. CONTINUE TO MONITOR OASIS FOR UPDATES.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 09/16/2011
Old 09-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #287
danc8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90141
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 danc8 Good Standing Member
Sync Problems

I'll give it some more time, but four weeks into a new Focus and we routinely experience Sync problems. Just this evening the entire system is locked up and will not shut down or respond to any commands.

Anyone else experiencing this?

P.S. Saw the standard MSFT dialogue box announcing a blue screen of death flash by the other day as the system went dark for a few minutes.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #288
danc8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90141
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 danc8 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
blacktoe & jsmichael -

We've unveiled our first self-install update on SYNCMyRide.com for MyFord Touch equipped vehicles!

Version 2.11, previously available only as a dealer-install update, can now be downloaded from the Web to a USB flash drive and installed in your vehicle. Click here to check it out:

Be sure to read about it on the Owner to Owner forum post to make sure the update applies to you:

If you have any questions about the download, installation, upload process, or anything in particular, feel free to ask.

~Jaclyn
Your first link is dead.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #289
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,161, Level 28
Points: 2,161, Level: 28 Points: 2,161, Level: 28 Points: 2,161, Level: 28
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by danc8 View Post
Your first link is dead.
Sorry about that, let me try this again!

danc8 - Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

~Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #290
reds1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90325
What I Drive: 2012,sterling gray SE

FF Reputation: 1 reds1 Good Standing Member
Just got back from dealership with wife's car ,she and I both experienced the feeling of no "getup and go" with transmission,the feeling of going from 1st to 3rd and everything I've read in this thread that was transmission related. The work order said " Datalogger rd test reprogram pcm and tcm test drive ok". wife say's it feels much better and smoother.so their might be a fix for you ,ours seems to be corrected. thanks. reds1

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.