2012 Focus Sedan dual exhaust - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #31
KMT100612
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88312
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 KMT100612 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleighman View Post
The car is new so now is the time to shine. Do the mod now and enjoy it for the rest of your ownership. Lest say you own it for 3 years. The actual mod cost $432.00 divided by 1095 days = .39 cents a day to have a car that really looks good. You can't get a coke for .39 cents a day.
Excellent Mod Sleighman I must also say that I like your logic, IMO - those extra few cents a day are worth it for the extra 'double takes' viewed upon the car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #32
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
Does this kind of modification affect warranty?
no. When you put on parts like an air filter, or intake, or after the CAT exhaust, it does not affect the warranty, except they do not warrant the actual parts YOU added. I think you can add a stiffer antisway bar and be OK too.
Just like wheels and tires..

If you put in an aftermarket ECU 'chip' then that is a different game, and the warranty rejections will start. (partly because of their automatic assumption you are racing the car with a chip installed) Or say a different camshaft, then you void the whole engine warranty..
Old 09-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #33
sleighman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89507
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium sport

FF Reputation: 1 sleighman Good Standing Member
Next week I will have it put on a lift and get pictures from all angles. Since it the wifes car and I am already modding my car I will most likely stop here.

Thanks for the feed back. I am very happy with it. Yep I am car crazy 1000k on the car and I have the bumpers cut out and exhaust replaced.

Maybe I should have spent the money on a therapist. Nope they gonna have to catch me first.

My Ride: 2011 Honda CRZ
Old 09-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #34
Djc2473
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88214
What I Drive: 2012 sterling grey metallic se

FF Reputation: 1 Djc2473 Good Standing Member
man i love the way the dual tips look. ive been admiring the focus over seas because they have the dual exhaust set up. hate the fact that the stock tip is hidden. Would really like to do this, and for a bit over 400 thats not bad considering most exhausts are much more then that! cant wait to here a sound clip!
Old 09-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #35
cj_in_seattle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84862
What I Drive: 2008 White Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 cj_in_seattle Good Standing Member
I'm digging the exhaust! Very nice work. I'm considering doing something similar with my FSWERKS exhaust.

-Typed while driving on my Captivate-
Tokico Blue Shocks / H&R Sport Lowering Springs (1.5 in Drop)
Old 09-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #36
SVTFocusOnMe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89087
What I Drive: 2003 SVT EAP Screamin' Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 SVTFocusOnMe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
That looks awesome!

As long as you like it, it don't matter how much it costs. You wanna do some cheap stuff sell you focus, get a civic and join their forums. Plus I hear pep boys has some nice scoops and chrome fender slots for cheap.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #37
sleighman
Focus Enthusiast

I agree. If you do it right the first time with quaility parts there are no worries. Borla mufflers are built like a tank. The also have plenty of packing even though they have a straight through flow design. I would not build a 4cy or V-6 exhaust with just any muffler. I wish I could do the sound clip today but I am waiting for her to get here so we can leave on a trip and those sounds clips always take time.

I have heard several FSWERKS exhaust on 4cyl cars but they did not have one out yet with my set up.

Slight difference ya think.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #38
mikebontoft
Gets more V8

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 1994 Toyota 4Runner

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
true they do. oh well. looks great for sure.

btw since you have a cr-z, I've been intrigued by them since I saw the Bisimoto one.... maybe you've seen it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYOmb67iNp8
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 in progress) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-selling) | '94 Toyota 4Runner SR5 "Roach" (daily-stockish) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod) | '75 BMW 2002 "unnamed" (donor race car)
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonOvr View Post
I had a spare tire go up in flames once, my truck was hit with an rpg though.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #39
sleighman
Focus Enthusiast

Crz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
true they do. oh well. looks great for sure.

btw since you have a cr-z, I've been intrigued by them since I saw the Bisimoto one.... maybe you've seen it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYOmb67iNp8
Yea I saw it. Not very impressive for 533 hp.

The car is great and really fun to driver check out www.crzforum.com and look in the gallery. There are a lot of options and paths to take. It runs really good stock with some light suspension mods the car handles great. I am very happy with it. Mine looks good stock but I have just ordred a K&N intake, Springs and new rims and tires. I just like being different and not to many people have this car. Plus i get 35-40 mpg driving it like I stole it.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #40
G-Fez
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86835
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus

FF Reputation: 1 G-Fez Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleighman View Post
Yea I saw it. Not very impressive for 533 hp.

The car is great and really fun to driver check out www.crzforum.com and look in the gallery. There are a lot of options and paths to take. It runs really good stock with some light suspension mods the car handles great. I am very happy with it. Mine looks good stock but I have just ordred a K&N intake, Springs and new rims and tires. I just like being different and not to many people have this car. Plus i get 35-40 mpg driving it like I stole it.
I smile everytime I see a CR-Z as I used to have a gen II CRX and I wonder if they actually saved the old body stampings all these years since the two look so similar :)

I sat in the CR-Z at a dealer and it seemed like a very well designed car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks