edit saved/default settings? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-23-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
edit saved/default settings?

Can you guys post how you flash your tune files? Im not sure im doing it right.

This is how ive been doing it.

I plug in the SCT to the OBD2 port and while its booting up i turn the key to "AUX" (first click on the key)

I go threw the settings, set my shift pressure 10-15-15, WOT shift +2mph on all 3 i then set the drive idle to 800 and neu to 800. I change the high speed fan down 2 as well as the low speed fan (just figure cooler is better) I also set my rev limiter 3k in neutral, 6100 in drive.

I "begin the flash" and it does the memory thing. If i dont turn the key to "RUN" within a second after it says i get a "did not flash" error then i have to start over.

Is there any way to save the changes ive made so incase i get the did not flash error i can quickly try it again without having to screoll threw all the changes and set everything again?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 02:07 AM   #2
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I'm not sure if the X3 is different than my X2 but,

I plug the thing in, select instal new tune, it tells me to turn the key 'on', then it'll ask me if I want to change optional parameters ... after I change things then it'll flash with the changed parameters.
If I change a tune it'll ask if I want to keep previously entered parameters (stored data it might be), I always say no. I can't trust that they'll be the same with the new tune so I'll change them again if I need to.

and you should be able to flash the new tune and go back later and change the options if you wish. It works and takes the same amount of time as uploading the new tune but is safer, the whole change one thing at a time routine.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post
Can you guys post how you flash your tune files? Im not sure im doing it right.

This is how ive been doing it.

I plug in the SCT to the OBD2 port and while its booting up i turn the key to "AUX" (first click on the key)

I go threw the settings, set my shift pressure 10-15-15, WOT shift +2mph on all 3 i then set the drive idle to 800 and neu to 800. I change the high speed fan down 2 as well as the low speed fan (just figure cooler is better) I also set my rev limiter 3k in neutral, 6100 in drive.

I "begin the flash" and it does the memory thing. If i dont turn the key to "RUN" within a second after it says i get a "did not flash" error then i have to start over.

Is there any way to save the changes ive made so incase i get the did not flash error i can quickly try it again without having to screoll threw all the changes and set everything again?
The device tells you when to turn the key on, why are you starting with the key already on?

Start with the key completely off, then when the unit tells you to turn the key on, do so by turning it on but not starting the engine (should be 2 clicks but to the point where all your instrument lights come on.)
Old 09-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
The device tells you when to turn the key on, why are you starting with the key already on?

Start with the key completely off, then when the unit tells you to turn the key on, do so by turning it on but not starting the engine (should be 2 clicks but to the point where all your instrument lights come on.)
I dont know it seems to just be working better and more reliable when i turn it to aux and start the load i get fewer errors with the upload that way.

Im not starting with it on, its the first click aux only the radio comes on no dash lights. The first click, then when it tells me i turn it to the second click.

Ive just had better luck doing it this way, maybe i should try it off and then do the double clicks to on.

Bookmarks & Social Networks