What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning? - Page 25 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #241
ABFORDGUY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89202
What I Drive: '90 Miata wife has the 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 2 ABFORDGUY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That is where the sub would go!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #242
snake420
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85194
What I Drive: 2012 Focus TUXBLK SE 5MT

Points 334, Level 6
Points: 334, Level: 6 Points: 334, Level: 6 Points: 334, Level: 6
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 snake420 Good Standing Member
Its the sub woofer mount. I use it to hold the cargo organizer in place by wrapping the organizer's bungies around it since it won't connect to any of the net hooks.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #243
lscrx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41668
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE hatch 5mt

FF Reputation: 2 lscrx Good Standing Member
I like how you can just twist the key to the start position and let go, the car cranks itself as much as it needs to start.

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 09-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #244
Old TU
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87303
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 Old TU Good Standing Member
I noticed, by accident, that I could lift the rear window tabs and have the windows go up with the keys out of the ignition. In my previous cars if I forgot and left the rear windows part way down and pulled the keys out of the ignition I would have to put the key back in turn to the on position put the windows up and take the keys out. Not a big deal, but another nice feature.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #245
pra2veen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86954
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatch (Kona Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 pra2veen Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscrx View Post
I like how you can just twist the key to the start position and let go, the car cranks itself as much as it needs to start.
This. And how the car plays the radio even after turning off the engine and pulling out the key. I usually sit for a couple of minutes after turning off the engine, just listening to the radio or gathering my stuff so this feature is quite nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old TU View Post
I noticed, by accident, that I could lift the rear window tabs and have the windows go up with the keys out of the ignition. In my previous cars if I forgot and left the rear windows part way down and pulled the keys out of the ignition I would have to put the key back in turn to the on position put the windows up and take the keys out. Not a big deal, but another nice feature.
I don't have this feature. Must be only for SEL and Ti.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #246
focus12black
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87853
What I Drive: 2012 Ti Black Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 focus12black Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake420 View Post
Its the sub woofer mount. I use it to hold the cargo organizer in place by wrapping the organizer's bungies around it since it won't connect to any of the net hooks.
I got the same organizer (even though I ordered the cargo management package with the net). I can't find a great way to secure it with a subwoofer in the cargo area. The installation instructions are not clear at all.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #247
scottjl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old TU View Post
many cars these days have this. along with the radio playing. power to the windows/radio is usually cut when someone opens a door, or 10 minutes has passed. oh. moonroof too.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #248
diesel_travis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88087
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Sedan SE 203a

FF Reputation: 1 diesel_travis Good Standing Member
I noticed by accident that I could gently upshift without even using the clutch, without any grinding.

I was in neutral at a stop sign, resting my hand on the shifter when I felt it pop into 1 without even pressing the clutch. I tried it while moving and both 2 and 3 worked when I was off throttle and the gears were appropriate. I tried downshifting at a higher RPM and it wouldn't budge into the gear.

I'm not really sure that I'd rely on it, but it's good to know that the car is that forgiving.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #249
Watered Down
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89865
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Watered Down Good Standing Member
I noticed that my iPhone exactly fits in my non-MFT display opening. A little double-stick tape is all it takes to hold the phone in place while driving. Now if I could just get Google maps to work in landscape mode, I'd be set.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #250
AWelch85
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89421
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 AWelch85 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watered Down View Post
I noticed that my iPhone exactly fits in my non-MFT display opening. A little double-stick tape is all it takes to hold the phone in place while driving. Now if I could just get Google maps to work in landscape mode, I'd be set.
Give this s shot:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/maps/id416753449?mt=8

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.