Focus Fanatics Forum banner

From stock 2001 S2 to new 450hp+

105K views 627 replies 69 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the car new from the dealer and 9 years later look like this.

Water ingestion bent 2nd and 3rd rods.

So I decided to built it like I always wanted to. While the engine was in the machine shop added a body kit and painted the car.

Was painted under and frames as well.

Reinforced LCA

Installed Total poly bushings kit, Eibach Sportlines springs, sways and dampers with SPC kit, new hubs and EBC SVT rotors front and back.

Will finish with brakes and susp. later.
As for the engine:
Block and crank was decked, balanced, chamfered, tanked, etc., Eagle rods, Probe pistons, Clevite bearings, FR stage 3 cams and high lift springs, FRIM, 70mm tb, O/U pulleys, high flow oil pump, Bosch alt.(220), Steeda fuel rail, Siemens 60 inj., and a bunch of other stuff, you get the idea.

SPA mani and Precision 5857

I will update soon, desperate to finish.

See less See more
#315 ·
Hey Italo, just an FYI. When I spin a tire with the trans in gear , the other side does spin in the opposite direction. The Torsen is worth every penny. That should be one of the first mods any one does. What a difference. How's the engine coming along ?

#316 ·
Thanks Rocco, the issue was while on neutral, turned out the Torsen is busted on the car I was comparing it too, he ordered a Quaife now, mine was perfect. Took a week off, spent it with my wife, 4 daughters and their 5 year old cousin that lives in Orlando, didn't do a thing but have everything, received the ARP flywheel bolts and this week should receive the ARP studs for the manifold.

#318 ·
Couple of things,
-new radiator (was blocked, potentially the culprit of the head gasket issue), new rack & pinion, rear main seal and new clevite main and rod bearings ( the material left on the head marked the cam and the bearings in the fourth cylinder), new metal valve cover and throttle cable, arp flywheel bolts and manifold studs.
-ordered Comp cams 273, turns out the cam marked was OEM, apparently the first machine shop, same one that left material in the oil passages, broke the FR 3 and replaced them with OEM's.
-Sold my turbo, thanks Bmylez, and waiting on a new one, hope is soon.

#325 ·
Thanks! The month I ran it was stressful, right now I'm looking for some 16 or 17x8 and a pair of drag wheels as well. They are as good as new but definitely will like more rubber under, our cars should be 17" tops.

#330 ·
^^me too!! Thanks!

Looking for a Greddy remote switch for my Profec B, if anybody have one or point me in the right direction will appreciate it very much.
Thanks!!

#334 ·
After working on nothing but V-8's and big trucks, these little motors sure are cute, lol. Your build is insane - I love the attention to detail. Keep up the good work!

#335 ·
Used to be in V-8's myself, like them a lot. Had a 21' boat with 500hp mainly for skiing. This small engines are cute, the power to weight ratio or power by piston is impressive. Thanks!!

#338 ·
Hope it works as good!

I was looking for a Greddy remote switch all over and as Greddy went bankrupt they are almost impossible to get. Fellow member cbman, thanks a lot and rep given, pointed me in the right direction so I thought to share it, might help a few others.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=649401

#345 · (Edited)
Lol!! Exhaust side is .63 to help spool but yeah is kind of big, hope it performs as good. The studs are perfect size to work around them, here is a pic with sizes and part number, should be the same for SVT.

Edit: I ordered them through Fernando, Racing Parts Solution, e-mail or call him he can hook you up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.