**Vote for September ROTM-2008 FOCUS** - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus - Ride of the Month

Ford Focus - Ride of the Month The place to vote for the Ride of the Month Poll & Showcase of our previous winners.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Vote for September ROTM-2008 FOCUS
Matsuo 53 53.54%
GO.army.1969 18 18.18%
BnzRed1 22 22.22%
Idahomie 1 1.01%
JustHereFTM 5 5.05%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #31
Chadinfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46943
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey SE Hatch

Points 1,182, Level 18
Points: 1,182, Level: 18 Points: 1,182, Level: 18 Points: 1,182, Level: 18
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 Chadinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Ride of the Month

Seeing in person what Ben has done to his car, I had to vote for him. I know I will get flack because he is local member but I know he takes pride in his car. Based on what mods the other guys listed, I think he should be the hands down winner for ride of the month.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #32
captcomputer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9409
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST (Preferred Blue)

Points 10,657, Level 68
Points: 10,657, Level: 68 Points: 10,657, Level: 68 Points: 10,657, Level: 68
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 37 captcomputer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
JUSTHEREFTM

I have no real mods, yet. just the paint, H&R sport springs, massive rear strut bar, and tokico "blues"

Idahomie

Current Performance Modifications
FSWerks Cool-flo CAI
FSWerks 2.5" race exhaust
Steeda shifter
Ford Racing SVT damper kit w/ Eibach sportline
Eibach front & rear sway bars
CFM poly control arm bushings and lower motor mount

Current Exterior Modifications
35% Tint
dark gray headlights, tail lights, and grill from 09 SES
Fender badge and focus emblems painted to match
18" Dark Gray Enkei RSV with Kumho rubber

Matsuo

FSwerks CAI, Header, Race exhaust.
Team Dynamic Monza R 17's
H&R Coil Overs
Projectors
LED tails
2 Solo Baric L5 12's w/ a 2900 watt pro acoustic amp

and some minor stuff like the engine cover, painted dash panels (just no pics)

BnzRed1

Exterior Mods
3D carbon body kit
Debadge
Owner installed pinstripes
Tint
17x7 Konig Maze wheels
215x45x17 Falken tires
Sylvania Ultra head lamps and fog lamps

Interior Mods
Custom black leather and red carbon fiber upholstery
Custom red carbon fiber door inserts
Custom black headliner
Custom embroidered RED "ONE"
Custom black and red carbon fiber trunk mat
Carbon fiber dash kit
Stock head unit/satellite radio
Blaupunkt amp 12 subwoofer
Infinity 682.9 cf speakers
Momo aluminum racing pedals

Engine Dress Up
FSWERKS engine cover
Massive aluminum oil cap
Redline hood struts

Suspension Mods
Ford Racing springs and shocks
Steeda 21mm sway bar
Dominant Engineering suspension custom front and rear LCAs
Dominant Engineering rear sway bar links
Energy Suspension poly bushings
Massive adjustable upper camber and adjustable toe arms
SVT disk brake upgrade front and rear

Performance Mods
FSWERKS cool flow CAI
FSWERKS 2 stainless steel (stealth exhaust)
FSWERKS front upper front lower stress bars
FSWERKS rear stress bar
Delrin shock tower washers
SCT XCAL3 programmer flasher
Moog end links and ball joints

GO.Army.1969

A little about my 08 Mods

Suspension
DGR coilovers
FSWerks front strut brace
Massive rear strut brace
Steeda rear sway bar
ROX RT1 17x7.5 rims with 215/45/17

Engine Mods
FSWerks tune SCT X3
FSWerks Engine cover
FSWerks CAI
F2 Header
FSWerks Stealth Exhaust
AR103 gap .60
Massive lower dog bone mount

Exterior
Painted front grill
Very light night shaded tail lights
Tinted rear windows
Driver side fog light cover for CAI
Debadged

My .02 cents
There were some great pictures, but I am not interested in a Popularity vote. I want to know you have done something besides bought a car you took pictures of.

I am not pointing anyone out as I believe everyone has a great looking 08, but I am curious what you are voting for? The person, the picture, or the car?

Just my personal curiosity, nothing to do with the nominations.
Maybe I am voting for the wrong thing.
(Former)Blue Focus Owners

Old 09-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #33
ChuckDee
Ehh...

Fan#: 43589
What I Drive: 02 SC SVT

Points 17,687, Level 84
Points: 17,687, Level: 84 Points: 17,687, Level: 84 Points: 17,687, Level: 84
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 48 ChuckDee Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
ROTM has never been about "the person with the most mods wins" contest but more of people voting on a car they PERSONALLY like. Whether it's a "popular" car or the outcast of the Focus world, if there's a large amount of people that chose a car solely based on the fact that each person voted liked it mainly because of something that pointed out to them, then that car won fair and square. From the way the pic was taken, to it being a "ideal" choice of what a car should look like, whatever it maybe, putting facts on the table will only add icing to the cake, but would won't do too much to making that cake look good.

also adding little to barely noticable "changes" to a car such as switching out light bulbs for brighter ones or adding tint, IMO shouldn't count as a mod. Tint is a OPTION to have but not something that will make a car look cool. adding a different oil cap other than a stock one isn't a "mod" also. I understand changing things apart from stock is modifying a car but "modding" should only count if that "thing" is changed to a way that not even the manufacture wouldn't think about doing.

[/rant]

Old 09-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #34
indy_11
Panamasian

Fan#: 81404
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame SES

FF Reputation: 7 indy_11 Good Standing Member
i can honestly say voted for BnzRed1. seen too many cars on coilovers and seen maybe one car other than his with more than JUST coilovers. he seems to be the only 08+ with the chrome in the front, it's not too low, and the interior is more than just painting the panels black and calling it a day. the whole car just flows. it's different from what i've seen on here and i've always wanted to see more of his car. i've never met any of these owners. and in my opinion he should get the win. but that's just my opinion, if i could vote again for him i would. my car is no where near any of these, but his is pretty close to the direction i would like to go with my car. it's simple, yet awesome.
2011 Blue Flame Focus SES #011
December 2011 ROTM Winner! :)
I always take a poo before driving to reduce weight and increase performance
you tell me your auto is fun to drive, I laugh in your face.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #35
BnzRed1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 57839
What I Drive: 2008 Red SE coupe, 01 F150 4WD SC

FF Reputation: 1 BnzRed1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDee View Post
ROTM has never been about "the person with the most mods wins" contest but more of people voting on a car they PERSONALLY like. Whether it's a "popular" car or the outcast of the Focus world, if there's a large amount of people that chose a car solely based on the fact that each person voted liked it mainly because of something that pointed out to them, then that car won fair and square. From the way the pic was taken, to it being a "ideal" choice of what a car should look like, whatever it maybe, putting facts on the table will only add icing to the cake, but would won't do too much to making that cake look good.

also adding little to barely noticable "changes" to a car such as switching out light bulbs for brighter ones or adding tint, IMO shouldn't count as a mod. Tint is a OPTION to have but not something that will make a car look cool. adding a different oil cap other than a stock one isn't a "mod" also. I understand changing things apart from stock is modifying a car but "modding" should only count if that "thing" is changed to a way that not even the manufacture wouldn't think about doing.

[/rant]
First off I like to say thank you to the people who nominated and voted for me for ROTM. I never thought that this was a contest soley based on the number of mods or that the winner should be the one with the most mods as is implied. In fact if you look at my sig you will see my "Less is More",and it is not a contradiction. While my car does have a lot of mods inside and out it is exceptionately "clean" and "well done", "everything flows" and "very understated". They usually follow with "where did you buy it", "who did the work for you?" and are surprised when I tell them that this old man and one old dog did 98% of the work. Those are the most frequent comments given where ever I go and followed by "I can't believe that it's a Focus". Most of the time I usually stay in the background both on this forum and in life and it was only when other members brought me out of the background that my car was brought to the forefront. That is the reason for a lack of photos of my car on this forum previous to this time. There is no doubt that Ray takes great photos, and it is his photo that showcases Matsuo's car. It's very much a truth that the number of voters across the forum only had the photos supplied to use as a factor in voting, there are others that have seen some of the cars in person and used this as a second factor, and friendship and some local group loyalty was paramount in some voting. But for what ever the reason that prompted you to vote we are FocusFanatics.......... and to answer...The Massive oil cap and the brighter lights, the barely noticeable... its called "Show Car" competition and I have the FF09 and FF11 trophies to prove it..... .....to the winner congrats!
"Less is More"...." Just because they make it doesn't mean it looks good or belongs on your car!" ........... 2009 FocusFest-1st place-"BestModified", 2011 FocusFest -1st place-"Best in Class"..2012 TFR "Best Modified"

Old 09-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #36
indy_11
Panamasian

Fan#: 81404
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame SES

FF Reputation: 7 indy_11 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BnzRed1 View Post
First off I like to say thank you to the people who nominated and voted for me for ROTM. I never thought that this was a contest soley based on the number of mods or that the winner should be the one with the most mods as is implied. In fact if you look at my sig you will see my "Less is More",and it is not a contradiction. While my car does have a lot of mods inside and out it is exceptionately "clean" and "well done", "everything flows" and "very understated". They usually follow with "where did you buy it", "who did the work for you?" and are surprised when I tell them that this old man and one old dog did 98% of the work. Those are the most frequent comments given where ever I go and followed by "I can't believe that it's a Focus". Most of the time I usually stay in the background both on this forum and in life and it was only when other members brought me out of the background that my car was brought to the forefront. That is the reason for a lack of photos of my car on this forum previous to this time. There is no doubt that Ray takes great photos, and it is his photo that showcases Matsuo's car. It's very much a truth that the number of voters across the forum only had the photos supplied to use as a factor in voting, there are others that have seen some of the cars in person and used this as a second factor, and friendship and some local group loyalty was paramount in some voting. But for what ever the reason that prompted you to vote we are FocusFanatics.......... and to answer...The Massive oil cap and the brighter lights, the barely noticeable... its called "Show Car" competition and I have the FF09 and FF11 trophies to prove it..... .....to the winner congrats!
2011 Blue Flame Focus SES #011
December 2011 ROTM Winner! :)
I always take a poo before driving to reduce weight and increase performance
you tell me your auto is fun to drive, I laugh in your face.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks