Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 23 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #221
Grinder
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85627
Location: Minneapolis, MN
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

Posts: 497
FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
Thanks for turning the knife in the wound.I bought my car on the 30th of June and after more than 2 months,my summer vacation is over ,summer is almost over and my car is still undrivable for long trips.I'll have to wait almost a year before doing this trip.Still no news about Ford or my Dealer.This car has been one bad news after another.

Also ,my last car was an 2009 Mazda6.It was a new model and I was one of the first to order and receive it.A month after ordering it ,I called the dealership to know if they had news about the car,they said the car I was suppose to get didn't passed the quality control inspection and was rejected.I got another car less than a week later.This is the big difference between Ford and a car company that cares about their image.The only reason the 2012 Focus I got passed the quality control inspection ,is because Ford don't do any!This was confirmed by the dealership.If an inspection of the car would have been done ,never this car would have left the assembly line.

And I'm still waiting for that quality car I paid for.
Your dealer is incorrect. There is a final QC inspection at the plant...... the difference between your Ford and your Mazda is that the people performing this inspection at the Mazda plant are not UAW. The folks at the Ford plant are. Yet another example of how the UAW doesn't provide a higher quality product despite their significantly higher compensation contract (IMO)
Grinder is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #222
Beepster
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88947
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

Posts: 166
FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Your dealer is incorrect. There is a final QC inspection at the plant...... the difference between your Ford and your Mazda is that the people performing this inspection at the Mazda plant are not UAW. The folks at the Ford plant are. Yet another example of how the UAW doesn't provide a higher quality product despite their significantly higher compensation contract (IMO)
Who ever did that Quality Control inspection should be fired or condemned to drive my car!So far I lost a lot of time and money and Ford refuse to take responsability.The only responses I get is "We understand your frustration and our engineers will find solution to the problem soon." That was 10 weeks ago!

Considering that most of the front end is Mazda,I'm considering going to a Mazda dealership ,get them to replace the cheap defective parts and send the bill to Ford!
Beepster is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #223
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86057
Location: NYC, NY
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

Posts: 168
FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well today . . . with the Focus Titanium a mere 3 weeks old . . was my day.

The screen went black for about 5 minutes the other day but a couple restarts and it seemed to work.

Today it locked. I tried shutting off, restarting and so forth but with no success.

I called the dealer and, of course (I suspected this after my earlier nightmare with them) their response was "pull the positive cable off am mess with it". I'm struggling to understand the term "factory trained tech".

The car has been sitting in the drive for an hour and the screen is still active.

Can anyone point me to the "master reset" procedure?

Thanks in advance.
__________________
2010 - Sterling Gray - SEL
2012 - Titanium - White Platinum Tri-Coat (SOLD 9-15-2012)
2013 - Escape Titanium - White Platinum (Delivered 9-15 )
CourtneyNYC is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #224
Beepster
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88947
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

Posts: 166
FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I was watching "The Car Show" on "SPEED" channel and there was a segment of the show where one of the host and a race car driver are at Ford's testing track and are beating the crap out of 3 vehicles.

Fun to see that Ford can afford to give away cars and trucks for entertainment.But when real clients have cars with issues from the moment they bought them,Ford can't afford to replace or fix the car in proper delays.

Sorry for all the rant about Ford,but after almost two and a half months of BS,I'm getting very tired of driving a car I can barely use and is totally worthless.Nobody has any clue on how long this will last, and no compensation

could make me buy another Ford again.This pi.. me off because I had 4 other Ford's because this POS and never had any serious problems,and I was proud of these cars.But after losing my summer vacation,a lot of time and

money,I will never trust Ford again.

I clearly understand that my vibration and noise problem is unusual and isolated ,but why didn't anyone called me to say :" Sorry Sir,you were delivered a substandard vehicle,we apologize and another one is on it's way"?

Nope ,that would have been too easy and cheap!Instead,lets tell the client to wait months until he can have a fully functionnal car!

I don't have problems with car makers making mistakes.Where I got a problem, is when they don't fix those mistakes or take a ridiculous long time to fix it,causing the client to lose a lot!!

Once the car will be fixed ,I will not keep it more than a year.And then I'll have to lie about the reason I'm selling it so soon.I really hate this stupid situation,I blame myself for giving Ford another chance.Mistake I

will not repeat!

Last edited by Beepster; 09-11-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Beepster is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #225
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,260
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
Sorry for all the rant about Ford,but after almost two and a half months of BS,I'm getting very tired of driving a car I can barely use and is totally worthless.
Hi Beepster,

I know this has been frustrating. Please send me a PM with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/location. I may not achieve a different outcome, but I'll try!

~Natasha
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
FordService is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #226
Beepster
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88947
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

Posts: 166
FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Beepster,

I know this has been frustrating. Please send me a PM with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/location. I may not achieve a different outcome, but I'll try!

~Natasha
Thanks,But I will decline your offer.First because I don't really like to give private info here.And also because Ford is well aware of my problems.

Ford customer relationship centre even sent me a survey asking me about how I liked their service.Really odd,considering the case if far from over.Two days later they sent another email reminding me to complete the survey ,and I did.Obviously ,my rating was extremely negative.On the question if I was gonna buy of recommend a Ford to someone,my answer was NO.Do they seriously expect me to say yes when the car was defective from day 1, and 11 weeks later I'm still in the same mess?
Ford seems to consider this a minor inconvenience because the car is "safe" to drive.Safe of not,the car is annoying at highway speed and long drives are out of the question.
In the past 22 years I bought 5 Ford vehicles for a total of more than 125 000$(cdn),and you can be sure that I won't pay a cent more to Ford.The only way I could recommend anyone to buy a new Ford vehicle,is if he can do a 30 min road test or get an independant certified mechanic to inspect it before signing anything.A little extreme? I drove out the lot with a defective car ,and Ford has been fighting me to not give me a functional car so I can have a normal life!!

So far Ford's position is to make me wait for their engineers to find a solution to my problem ,no matter how long it takes.This looks very bad for Ford and also to the dealership who sold me the car.Many people have asked me how I like my car,so far my answer is very negative.This is the reason why the owner of the dealership is also actively involved in the case ,but it didnt change much so far.

The damage is done and this will be my last Ford as long as I live.
Beepster is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #227
Grinder
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85627
Location: Minneapolis, MN
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

Posts: 497
FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
Thanks,But I will decline your offer.First because I don't really like to give private info here.And also because Ford is well aware of my problems.

Ford customer relationship centre even sent me a survey asking me about how I liked their service.Really odd,considering the case if far from over.Two days later they sent another email reminding me to complete the survey ,and I did.Obviously ,my rating was extremely negative.On the question if I was gonna buy of recommend a Ford to someone,my answer was NO.Do they seriously expect me to say yes when the car was defective from day 1, and 11 weeks later I'm still in the same mess?
Ford seems to consider this a minor inconvenience because the car is "safe" to drive.Safe of not,the car is annoying at highway speed and long drives are out of the question.
In the past 22 years I bought 5 Ford vehicles for a total of more than 125 000$(cdn),and you can be sure that I won't pay a cent more to Ford.The only way I could recommend anyone to buy a new Ford vehicle,is if he can do a 30 min road test or get an independant certified mechanic to inspect it before signing anything.A little extreme? I drove out the lot with a defective car ,and Ford has been fighting me to not give me a functional car so I can have a normal life!!

So far Ford's position is to make me wait for their engineers to find a solution to my problem ,no matter how long it takes.This looks very bad for Ford and also to the dealership who sold me the car.Many people have asked me how I like my car,so far my answer is very negative.This is the reason why the owner of the dealership is also actively involved in the case ,but it didnt change much so far.

The damage is done and this will be my last Ford as long as I live.
That's the way the cards are dealt sometimes. Sorry it happened to you. I'd like to respond to a few of your less realistic statements, though.

First off, a press vehicle that is passed around agency to agency is different than just replacing every car a customer isn't satisfied with. If Ford did that, they wouldn't be in business and you'd be driving something else anyway. Also, I believe the orders exceed the supply of this car right now. Even if they could find a way to just replace your car (and this isn't a cheap option for ANYONE but perhaps yourself) they'd have to basically take it from another guy that's already placed an order. Maybe you and the other guy on this board complaining about his delivery time should discuss how this would shake down in reality. Screwing Peter to please Paul is a wash at best.

Second, if your issues where present from mile 1 you have a little bit of stock in this issue. No amount of money in a purchase absolves you from "caveat emptor". I certainly wouldn't drive a car off the lot unless I'd taken that specific unit through a rather closely scrutinized test-drive and I sure wouldn't drive it off the lot if it had problems from mile 1. In a perfect world all mass manufactured man made products would be free of any defect. When you find this perfect world, let us know! In the meantime, you still have protection in this somewhat fair world we live in. It's called a warranty.

What I do find quite valid about your situation is that the "fix" sure is taking a long time to come out. Let's speculate it won't even require the replacement of a part. Lets say it's something as simple as just a re-calibration of the computer that's required. Once Ford makes this new calibration, tests it on a bunch of units (better be sure it works THIS time, right?) and is ready to deliver it to dealers, it must pass government validation that this new calibration meets their emissions and safety standards. There is no trust in this regard. NHTSA and the EPA couldn't give a shit about what Ford had to change no matter how minor or major. You can't even imagine the red tape something as simple as a computer calibration must go through in order to be legally allowed to operate on a public road. The most minor change could take months to get the OK from Uncle Sam. Odds are Ford had your fix developed weeks ago. But, being a Canadian you know how efficiently the government works...... They answer to nobody and have absolutely no interest whatsoever in your satisfaction with Ford's product. One could honestly suggest they have an interest in your disatisfaction considering the US government has financed their greatest competition.
Grinder is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #228
Beepster
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88947
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

Posts: 166
FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post

First off, a press vehicle that is passed around agency to agency is different than just replacing every car a customer isn't satisfied with. If Ford did that, they wouldn't be in business and you'd be driving something else anyway. Also, I believe the orders exceed the supply of this car right now. Even if they could find a way to just replace your car (and this isn't a cheap option for ANYONE but perhaps yourself) they'd have to basically take it from another guy that's already placed an order. Maybe you and the other guy on this board complaining about his delivery time should discuss how this would shake down in reality. Screwing Peter to please Paul is a wash at best.
For your info.Before Ford decided to sit on their behind waiting for engineers to find solution to the problem,the was car in the shop almost a month.Bearings,a drive shaft and the transmission was replaced.All those parts and labour are way more expensive than replacing the car and selling it as "slightly used".Replacing the car doesnt mean to bump everyone!The car doesn't need to be exactly the same and dealerships inventories can easely find a similar value replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Second, if your issues where present from mile 1 you have a little bit of stock in this issue. No amount of money in a purchase absolves you from "caveat emptor". I certainly wouldn't drive a car off the lot unless I'd taken that specific unit through a rather closely scrutinized test-drive and I sure wouldn't drive it off the lot if it had problems from mile 1. In a perfect world all mass manufactured man made products would be free of any defect. When you find this perfect world, let us know! In the meantime, you still have protection in this somewhat fair world we live in. It's called a warranty.
The problem was not obvious and only felt on the highway at certain speeds.A road test would have not helped me.The moment I left the dealership,there was traffic and construction ,so I didn't realize the problem until the morning after.I don't expect zero defect,but a proper quality control inspection would have detected the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
What I do find quite valid about your situation is that the "fix" sure is taking a long time to come out. Let's speculate it won't even require the replacement of a part. Lets say it's something as simple as just a re-calibration of the computer that's required. Once Ford makes this new calibration, tests it on a bunch of units (better be sure it works THIS time, right?) and is ready to deliver it to dealers, it must pass government validation that this new calibration meets their emissions and safety standards. There is no trust in this regard. NHTSA and the EPA couldn't give a shit about what Ford had to change no matter how minor or major. You can't even imagine the red tape something as simple as a computer calibration must go through in order to be legally allowed to operate on a public road. The most minor change could take months to get the OK from Uncle Sam. Odds are Ford had your fix developed weeks ago. But, being a Canadian you know how efficiently the government works...... They answer to nobody and have absolutely no interest whatsoever in your satisfaction with Ford's product. One could honestly suggest they have an interest in your disatisfaction considering the US government has financed their greatest competition.
The problem shouldn't be so hard to find.It's not a computer issue,it's a drivetrain issue on a suspension that Mazda uses on a few models.Minor problem or not ,the car cannot be used for what I bought it for.They don't want to call it a "lemon", but for 11 weeks I've been waiting like an idiot for something to be done.Ford may think this won't have any impact.But you can be sure that nobody in my family,friends and workplace won't buy a Ford for a long time ,seeing the way I'm treated right now.
Beepster is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #229
BigJay
Focus Enthusiast
 
BigJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88323
Location: Brampton, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Focus hatch SEL, sonic blue

Posts: 152
FF Reputation: 1 BigJay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Honestly Beepster, i feel for you I'd be pissed and vent here as well, i get ym car on monday, and who knows (i hope not) but maybe i'll be venting too :P, Ford customer service is here to help and she may be able to get to the bottom of things
BigJay is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #230
Beepster
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88947
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

Posts: 166
FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
Honestly Beepster, i feel for you I'd be pissed and vent here as well, i get ym car on monday, and who knows (i hope not) but maybe i'll be venting too :P, Ford customer service is here to help and she may be able to get to the bottom of things
Thanks, but Natasha can,t do nothing more than the dealership and the Customer Relationship lady already did.Her job is to ask questions to Ford and they will reply the same BS they've been telling me from the start.So far,all I get for my troubles is an extended warranty.Nice but I still can't use my car normally,and I still have to post-pone any trips over 150 miles.

So far,I was promised that my car would be fixed soon,still waiting.Was promised a rental car until the car was fixed,Ford changed their mind.I was promise a car replacement,Ford said NO!I would have been better off buying a used car.Or even better,keeping my 2009 Mazda6 and putting new brakes and tires on it.

I wish you'll get a normal car.The car didn't made me give up on Ford.Ford did it by their attitude toward a client who got a car that never should have left the assembly line.
Beepster is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.