Are You Truly Happy With Your New Focus? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #31
nateyo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88182
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 nateyo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yea, it's a car that I actually look forward to driving in. I wanted a fun stick shift car cause hey, I'm a 21 year old dude. I love the way it handles, and the manual transmission is so smooth and locks into gear in an amazingly satisfying way. If you really want to get the max out of the engine you've got to just hammer the throttle because of the way it's mapped. But once you do you can get up to speed pretty nicely. I've only had the car for 300 miles but I love it. I opted out of the fancier trims and went with all the fancy options. Leather, winter, sunroof. I ended up paying 20k for a car that comes better equipped than a 30k one. I'm sure I'll have to eventually haggle the dealer about rock chips and paint, since I've got a sun roof I've got to watch for those stains everyone is talking about and the rattling headliner. I've already got to take it in for the whistling door mirror. But those are all minor and things the dealer has to fix (idk about the paint though). But it's my first car I've bought with my own money and I wouldn't have anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #32
metal_hed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88974
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 metal_hed Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
That's about my only gripe too, but I'm sure there's a way to change that. Somebody just has to figure out how.
I wonder if it is as simple as a fuse or something, that would be pretty funny!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #33
a351must2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87762
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti, 2011 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 a351must2 Good Standing Member
I was really happy with mine until last Sunday when someone backed into it in a parking lot and dented both driver's side doors.

Had an awesome drive up Mt Baker afterwards that helped get my mind off the dents. Still not quite the same as the Mustang in corners, but it sure stuck to the road and was very responsive/maneuverable.

The DCT transmission has only got better with time so far. The first day I drove I found it unnerving to pull into traffic as it would bog off the line and shift too early (<2000). Now it's completely different, nice and responsive off the line and shifts between 2500 and 3500 for my normal driving.

Even the MFT has been running acceptably ... it rebooted once the day I picked the car up, but has been flawless since.
1978 Mustang II, 2.3L Turbo, 5spd
Old 09-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #34
jocamryn
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89639
What I Drive: '12 Focus SE,'09 BMW 328,04 Jetta

FF Reputation: 1 jocamryn Good Standing Member
Get mine in a couple weeks! ZERO options so less things to go wrong?

I'm thinking the complaints about the DCT performance when it's new, are normal. BMWs 'learn' how you drive and optimize shift 'mapping' to your driving profile.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #35
willsim
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89108
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Kona Blue SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 willsim Good Standing Member
During the past thirty years I've purchased many new cars mostly Japanese. This is the first car that I've had with no problems and as a result it hasn't been back to the dealer since I picked it up. It has 3000 miles on it and I'm extremely happy with the car and really enjoy driving it.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #36
iso3200
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86554
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 iso3200 Good Standing Member
I'm totally happy with mine. I have a 5-speed SE hatch with Sport and Winter packages and almost 5000km on the odo. Even Sync works great and recognizes my verbal commands.

It looks like the Focus is really suffering from first-year problems especially with the DCT, MFT, etc.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #37
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Nope!!!

Montana
Old 09-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #38
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryDrummer View Post
I love it, but it took me a few months to get to that point. Having said that, it has nothing to do with the car. My experience at my dealership was totally horrific. Not from a cost perspective(although I think they could have moved more on the price). I don't care what something costs, as long as the cost is acceptable for me. I am not a bargain hunter. The customer service at my dealership was a gong show, and it went on and on and on. The only reason I still bought the car through them, is because my options are not common at all, and I would have to order another car and wait.

I have since moved all my servicing to another dealership (Woodridge Ford in Calgary by the way, is super honest and fair, I really like them) and I can now finally enjoy my car since I know I am being taken care of.

Sure, I have had a few small glitches, but overall, things are pretty rad.

No offense, and I am not mentioning any names, but some of you dudes are far too picky. I love Ford, and have owned many of them, but it is still just Ford, with all due respect.

Let the flaming begin :)
+1 on bad customer service. By the end of the first month I had the car, I really wanted to return it because of my clueless dealer. I really regretted buying it in that first month but when I think about what other car I can replace it with, nothing comes close to the fun-factor the Focus can offer. So now I just suck up my dealers stupidity and just remind myself how much I love the car.

Gero

Edit: I'm not completely happy with my purchase though, because: Bad customer service + Good car = Unsatisfied customer
Old 09-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #39
Faygo Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85587
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Ti with James Bond Pkg

FF Reputation: 2 Faygo Focus Good Standing Member
Love my Focus!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #40
Armando2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89153
What I Drive: 2012 Focus S Sterling Gray Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 Armando2012 Good Standing Member
Okay so far. Not as nimble as my old Nissan.

Had a problem with an odor inside that was there when I first bought the car in late June. Thought it would go away after a few weeks and it did not. Took it to the dealer and they ran a deodorizer thru the A/C and the odor is mostly gone.
Drove out of town for the Labor Day weekend and the plastic molding on the driver's side of the windshield almost came off from freeway windspeed.
Caught it just in time and was lucky to find some black Gorilla Tape to keep it down for the duration.
Have to call the dealer to make appointment to have them correct the defect.

Last edited by Armando2012; 09-09-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: clarify first sentence

Bookmarks & Social Networks