Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning?

727K views 1K replies 388 participants last post by  antbarlow76 
#1 ·
Just wondering what features, tips and tricks people have found since owning?

For me I found the hidden menu to be neat. Holding trip/reset down while starting car shows the menu. Holding again for 5 seconds returns you to normal operation.

Salesman didn't know that the SE has a line in for mp3 players. Inside glovebox on top.

#173 ·
I like the three with a tap when sitting at a light, waiting for it to change.
I do not like to just leave the turn signal on when waiting at a long light. (Just no reason for it to be ON ON ON) so I like to tap the turn signal and it blinks, then wait... tap wait..etc.
Did the same thing with my last car. Just it did not automatically blink three times. i would just tip wait tip wait... until the light changed, then click it on normal.

I always leave a large gap from car in front. if some car wants into my lane, no problem. We are not usually going anywhere anyway very fast...
And three are fine for me to change lanes.. in fact i would say three blinks is perfect.

#182 ·
I like the three with a tap when sitting at a light, waiting for it to change.
I do not like to just leave the turn signal on when waiting at a long light. (Just no reason for it to be ON ON ON) so I like to tap the turn signal and it blinks, then wait... tap wait..etc.
Actually there is a reason for it to be ON ON ON. The signal is used to SIGNAL to other drivers your intentions. You probably confuse the crap out of everybody. Do people "wave" at you a lot?

#175 ·
Don't know if it has been mentioned but at night if you have the ambient lighting on, the color in the door handle "area" changes to red from whatever color you have the rest of the car selected.
On my car, the only time the ambient lighting turns "red" is if the door is open, otherwise, the colour of the lights in the door handle area are the same as all of the other areas, with whatever colour I have selected on the ambient lighting control.

#178 ·
I like the three blinks; a user-adjustable rate would be better. In my previous car with the same feature I'd tap it and after a blink or two I'd tap it again and get three more starting from there. This car only allows more blinking after the first three have gone. Small difference, but I like the previous car's add-on blinking.

#180 ·
Me too! Not using turn signals is one of my biggest pet peeves...

I've been planning on writing corporate Audi or BMW commenting on the horrible quality control as none of their turn signals work. I believe the accelerator must also get stuck - seeing as how they always pass me going 30mph+ over the speed limit... >_>

#185 ·
I like the courtesy wipe that the front wipers do after using the sprayer. It does the usual wipes then waits a few seconds for any runoff to drip down the windshield and does one final wipe on its own so you don't have to.

#193 ·
It upsets me that there are so few cubbies in the front, but so many in the rear seats. I need a place to put all my crap and I've ended up just keeping it in my pockets or cramming in the arm rest storage. If I have a passenger and we both have drinks, I can't use the cup holder so if I have to throw my phone in the door handle. At least I can't forget it that way...

#195 ·
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the nav only gives the options of speaking directions out, or tones/chimes only. But, if you toggle the "mute" icon, it will be silent for good, unless some day you untoggle it.

It's nice now to have it be quiet, and stay quiet, even on new trips :)

#196 ·
I enjoy the fuse puller built into the cap of the fuse box under the hood when my MFT freezes. [:)]

#198 ·
WHAAATT??

Where is this magical fuse-puller you're talking about? I've resorted to keeping a small pair of needlenose pliers in my desk...which only barely do the job.

As for the people that always talk about places to put their phones...where do you keep it when you're outside of your car? I'd assume your pocket. Now: Why do you take it *out* of your pocket? As far as phone calls go the MyFord Touch system handles them all perfectly. For anything else, you shouldn't be doing it while driving anyway. If I rode in your car when you started doing something with your phone I'd throw it out the window and possibly smack you across your face.

#201 ·
OH, SARCASM!

I'm glad you think you're accomplishing something. Never lose that hope, kenberry. Never.

#205 ·
I only text at stop lights...? [:I]

It's annoying, though because I have to look up after I Swype every word for fear of a green light. Sometimes I get mad when I make lights because I want to reply to a text.

#209 ·
I have found out that I can link my itouch to SYNC using bluetooth so I can just used the controls on my ipod. No cords at all. This kinda allows you to use your ipod as a remote for playing music if your tailgating or using your car stereo for any thype of gathering.

So much better than using SYNC's shitty layout. I hate that so much!! txting wont get ppl in accidents that stupid menu layout will. give me a freaking scroll feature with more than one song showing on the screen. should have had Mac program SYNC instead of Microsoft

#219 ·
He said the key has to be turned to ACC. Actually the key needs to be turned to the ON position. The screen and warning lights don't come on in ACC mode. You also don't need to hold the button for 5 seconds before turning the key. You just have to be holding it.

#222 ·
I searched to see if this has been mentioned or not and couldn't find it, but if you lock the doors while a door is ajar the horn will beep two short beeps to let you know.

#224 ·
This might have been mentioned already, but I just discovered it yesterday. If you activate the Sirius replay function, the left and right buttons on the right side of the steering wheel get remapped from channel changing to skipping forward and back in the replay buffer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.