My 2012 Focus issues: what Ford is and isn't doing - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #10
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
......snip

See above. People have varing opinions on "fog" lamps. I don't think they make any difference in fog. They have become and "appearance" item and I and many people use them as such.
No DRL's in the US models unless you have a valid fleet identification number and order it with DRL's.

If you read my OP carefully about the message center, it works fine and shows the headlights off properly as long as I am not in reverse with the "park aid" message displayed. It's not only the headlights that do this. If a door is open in park or drive, and then closed while in reverse, it will show it's still open when the car is put in drive and the "park aid" message disappears.
Then just push the button for fogs ;) Remember that this, again, is a world car, and in many European areas, it is unlawful to drive with fog lights on in conditions that don't warrant it. Thus, they design a car for the world, not just U.S. where fogs are on when it is a clear night in the lit city ;)

For the MFD issue... how many things are going on while you're reversing the car? :p I'll see if mine does it as well, but it was most likely an oversight by Ford because they didn't consider that doors will open while reversing. As people have posted, if this does happen, a left-right on the D-pad should clear this up. :)

My display shows the front and rear lights on even when I have it in parking light mode, which I have confirmed, forces the headlights off and only leaves the corners. Not accurate, but after my VW, problems like this are quite trivial ;)

Bookmarks & Social Networks