Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 20 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #191
serathe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89418
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Nissan Versa SL 1.8 CVT

FF Reputation: 1 serathe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Huh, I found this review interesting.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test

"The 2012 Focus features Fordís PowerShift twin-clutch six-speed automatic (standard on the SEL, $1095 on lower trim levels), but the technology might have been yanked out of the oven a few minutes early. Itís one of our few gripes with the car. Shifts can feel seamless if the driver is utterly unhurried, but theyíre rather slow if thereís any attempt at upping the tempo. There were other problems, too. With 3000 miles on our test car, the clutches were already a little glazed and chattery, with vibrations working up the steering column when we rolled off under light throttle."

Yeah, sounds normal to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #192
hoffmanr09
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89468
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus se

FF Reputation: 1 hoffmanr09 Good Standing Member
Hello ford customer service, Natasha

please check out my concerns on my thread that I posted on 9/2 at about 10:30am eastern time. They are dealing with the trans issue and another concern. My email is hoffmanr09@students.ecu.edu. 2012 ford focus se with automatic transmission. vin-1FAHP3F24CL151568
Old 09-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #193
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
I got a call back from the dealer and they said the problem should diminish as time goes on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichole View Post
I've already put 10,000 miles on my 2012 SE Focus and it's going into the shop for the third time to have the shudder repaired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrichman6 View Post
same fricking problem, drove off the lot and really did not think much of it but after 2 days it got annoying
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmanr09 View Post
please check out my concerns on my thread dealing with the trans issue and another concern.
Hi everyone,

The Focus transmission has an adaptive learning process that does take some time for the Focus to get acclimated to your individual driving habits. I have the ability to ensure your concerns are documented. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can assist. hoffmanr09, I recommend editing your post to remove your VIN number, as this is a public forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serathe View Post
Either way, I think Ford needs to do a better job in the future. I'm very pleased with my Ford salesman and would like him to make a commission off us in the future.
Hello serathe,

I'm pleased that you speak highly of your sales rep! Please let me know the results of your search. Have a terrific weekend!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #194
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
But do note that my dealer went above and beyond what was required by Ford, and they did BOTH front bearings at no charge (dealer sucked up the extra $200 for the second bearing) just because he wanted to make sure it was done right the first time. What it was is that with Ford's help, the figured out it was a bearing in the front wheels, but didn't know which one, so he just went ahead and did both, even though Ford specifies to figure out which bearing it is and replace just the bad bearing.

I also feel better about this because I also have to identical bearings on the front end so hopefully as the car ages, they will wear evenly and at the same rate. But like I said, to do both was a choice by my dealer, but they should AT LEAST change the faulty bearing.

Let me know if you have any questions and I can maybe get you the answers if yo uned them. Please note though that it took them about a week to get the bearings for me, since at the time, Ford was changing suppliers (and that was about 1-2 weeks ago).
Can you please tell me the name of the dealership,city and state where you got your car fixed?

Today the owner of the dealership who sold me the car took a road test with me and now totally unperstand why I'm so pi...ed off.And mostly when this dragged for two month and Ford still doesn't have an official fix to the problem.He agrees that replacing all the bearing should make sence but need to know who your dealership is ,so they can communicate with them to know what they actually did and what kind of bearings they used.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #195
Trackertx-17
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89525
What I Drive: 2010 SE Hatcback Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 Trackertx-17 Good Standing Member
I have 5000 miles on my 2012 focus and it still shudders, I called customer service was told that I will have to pay for a transmission elvaluation at the dealer, and although I purchased the extended warentee that does not matter. A new car should not shudder like this, and the dealer will not take it back. I have an appointment wiht another dealer next week, will have to get a rental becaue there are no "transmission guys" after 5:00 or on weekends. If you purchase a new Focus make sure it dosent have the trans shudder problems!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #196
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Trackertx-17,

Was that Customer Service at Ford or the Dealership?

What was their basis for you having to pay for something that is warranted from Ford for at least 5yrs 60,000 miles?

Montana
Old 09-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #197
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds27 View Post
please help im a newbie and i am trying to install a sub but dont know what wire to connect the remote cable to ????
Wrong part of the forum there spuds.

Montana
Old 09-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #198
jason2856
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89543
What I Drive: silver '10,blue'12,97 -f150

FF Reputation: 1 jason2856 Good Standing Member
not to impressed with the 2012

I bought the new focus in may and is junk. I own a 2010 and the car is super, ford screwed up yet again, first with the powerstroke diesels, and now with the trannys in the focus. When will they realize leave a good thing alone. Well here is my story, the tranny shutters, doesnt down shift right, you literally have to mash the gas to get it to downshift. My dealer put it on the computer and said there is nothing wrong, naturally, the technicican felt what i was talking about and said "well wait and see what happens" WHAT THE #$%^!!!! Brand new car, spent $22,000 !!! The dealership wouldnt even take it back and it only had a lil over 1,200 miles!! SOLOMON FORD of Brownsville PA, are terrible. I bought a 2010 focus off of them and had no problems, i carried that mind set over to the new 2012,boy was i wrong. Just changed the oil today, guess what? YUP oil leaking out of the bell housing!!! yup MAIN SEAL in the tranny or motor , Thanks FORD!!! I hope they dont screw up the Ford ranger, oops rumor has it they already did. With GM AND Dodge now O'bamo Motors Inc., and ford building junk, toyota the recall king, whats a blue collar american workers supposed to depend on in this country? Certainlly not any of the american car companies.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #199
brianrichman6
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89477
What I Drive: 2012 aqua focus se

FF Reputation: 1 brianrichman6 Good Standing Member
crappy car

I only have 325 miles on the car and after 4 days I took it back and contacted Detroit plant and I will get a letter in 10-15 days if I can get a replacement, meanwhile Im driving a rent a car at the expense of the dealer who I have written a few emails and faxes to while they supposedly try to do something, A Lawyer might be in my future. We should NOT have to get scammed Like this. Fords new slogan should be "SORRY WE UP YOUR CAR" "Got YA"!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #200
Grinder
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2856 View Post
I bought the new focus in may and is junk. I own a 2010 and the car is super, ford screwed up yet again, first with the powerstroke diesels, and now with the trannys in the focus. When will they realize leave a good thing alone. Well here is my story, the tranny shutters, doesnt down shift right, you literally have to mash the gas to get it to downshift. My dealer put it on the computer and said there is nothing wrong, naturally, the technicican felt what i was talking about and said "well wait and see what happens" WHAT THE #$%^!!!! Brand new car, spent $22,000 !!! The dealership wouldnt even take it back and it only had a lil over 1,200 miles!! SOLOMON FORD of Brownsville PA, are terrible. I bought a 2010 focus off of them and had no problems, i carried that mind set over to the new 2012,boy was i wrong. Just changed the oil today, guess what? YUP oil leaking out of the bell housing!!! yup MAIN SEAL in the tranny or motor , Thanks FORD!!! I hope they dont screw up the Ford ranger, oops rumor has it they already did. With GM AND Dodge now O'bamo Motors Inc., and ford building junk, toyota the recall king, whats a blue collar american workers supposed to depend on in this country? Certainlly not any of the american car companies.
So.... is it the dealer you are mad at? The manufacturer? You seem so rational and calm, I can't believe anyone hasn't bent over backwards to make you feel better? Since you can diagnose your rear main seal without being able to see it - maybe give a shot figuring out your transmission woes. Let us know what you find. While you are at it, get your hands on this computer technican thing too. I know a few shop owners that would love to fire all these "technicans" and replace them with computers.

Bookmarks & Social Networks