2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #101
Nichole
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89311
What I Drive: 2012 Black SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Nichole Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey all,
I bought a 2012 SE Focus back in April. I loved the look of the car, and since the previous Focus I had was so reliable, I figured I'd stick with it. It was really important that I buy a car I enjoy driving since I spend about 2 hours a day driving. That being said; I seriously regret my decision. I didn't get around to reading the 9 pages worth of comments, but I have the same problem quite a few of you described. It shakes uncontrollably at stop lights or in heavy traffic or feels like it might stall. To put it mildly; it's pretty unbearable. I've had it in for service at the dealer twice already and they both claimed to have fixed the problem. Unfortunately, the problem persists. In the beginning I thought maybe I'd give it time, perhaps the motor just needed to be broken in, but the car has almost 10,000 miles on it already. I'm beginning to think that maybe that excuse was just Ford trying to avoid the Lemon Law, as there are stipulations about mileage on the car. I'm considering swearing off Ford for good after this car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #102
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Here's an update on my situation.

This morning I got a call fron the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre.Long story short ,it didn't went very well.I was basically told that because Ford had released a TSB for the problem in question ,I had to wait for Ford engineers to find a solution.I asked if there was gonna be a deadline before getting other options ,and she couldn't say anything.To add insult to injury ,as for conpensation they offered me a free extended warranty on the car.I refused saying that I paid for a new car and all I got was a worthless POS that I can't even sell.

When and if one day ,the car get fixed ,the first thing I'll do,will be to trade it for another car that I will be able to trust.

Needless to say that I will NEVER buy another Ford again.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #103
Old TU
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87303
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 Old TU Good Standing Member
2012T,
I have the Focus with the auto-mated six speed. First, I would like to write, I too would be upset and angry as Beepster, Nicole and others who are having problems that have not been resolved. Fortunately I have been blessed with a car that is running very well. Early on it would shake or idle a little rough. At 1500 miles it smoothed out. Now at close to 2000 miles it is very smooth.

On this blog we are reading mostly about problems or concerns about the transmissions not feeling like the old (torque converter) automatics. We don't read about the many thousands of satisfied customers. It will take some time and many miles before many understand that these auto-mated transmissions are more responsive, efficient and almost maintenance free.

Best of luck with your new Focus when it arrives. You will enjoy it.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #104
2012TI
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87295
What I Drive: 12 titanium blue candy, 2001 SVT co

FF Reputation: 1 2012TI Good Standing Member
Beepster. I sure hope your complainant doesn't cause Ford to look into something that is not a problem of Fords, but more so a problem of your own. If like you like the slipping feel of a trans and like driving something that has no look at all, then go get a GM. The reason you are feeling what you are feeling is because there is not a torque converter, and that is the best thing they did was get rid of that out dated crap. You should have no problem at all selling that car, your loss is someone’s outstanding gain, maybe it will go to someone that respects the car for what it is. GM is waiting for you.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #105
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012TI View Post
Beepster. I sure hope your complainant doesn't cause Ford to look into something that is not a problem of Fords, but more so a problem of your own. If like you like the slipping feel of a trans and like driving something that has no look at all, then go get a GM. The reason you are feeling what you are feeling is because there is not a torque converter, and that is the best thing they did was get rid of that out dated crap. You should have no problem at all selling that car, your loss is someone’s outstanding gain, maybe it will go to someone that respects the car for what it is. GM is waiting for you.
Dear 2012TI,

If you don't know my story,you should mind your own business.My issue is not a transmission issue.The reason i'm here,it's because the technicians from the Ford dealership said the problem was there and it turned out not being the case.Before starting to pour parts and time into my car ,they road tested another car with the same powertrain and it turned out my car had a serious problem.Ford even issues a TSB saying that some 2012 Focus had some noise and vibration coming from the front end of the car.I didn't say it ,they did!The second the car will be fixed(if those engineers can fix it) I will start shopping for a car I will be able to depend on.And you can be sure that it won't be a Ford or a GM.

And until the problem is fixed the car can NOT be sold!It has an open work order and was registered as one of the cars with the noise problem.If I sell it anyway,I will get sued the second the new owner will go to a dealership to get the noise problem fixed.Apparently Ford can sell half baked products, but if I do the same I'll pay for it.

So before randomly jumping in a conversation ,make sure to know the what and why of things!!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #106
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichole View Post
Hey all,
I bought a 2012 SE Focus back in April. I loved the look of the car, and since the previous Focus I had was so reliable, I figured I'd stick with it. It was really important that I buy a car I enjoy driving since I spend about 2 hours a day driving. That being said; I seriously regret my decision. I didn't get around to reading the 9 pages worth of comments, but I have the same problem quite a few of you described. It shakes uncontrollably at stop lights or in heavy traffic or feels like it might stall. To put it mildly; it's pretty unbearable. I've had it in for service at the dealer twice already and they both claimed to have fixed the problem. Unfortunately, the problem persists. In the beginning I thought maybe I'd give it time, perhaps the motor just needed to be broken in, but the car has almost 10,000 miles on it already. I'm beginning to think that maybe that excuse was just Ford trying to avoid the Lemon Law, as there are stipulations about mileage on the car. I'm considering swearing off Ford for good after this car.
Hi Nichole,

I know it can be discouraging to have concerns about a new vehicle. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state and I will assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
Here's an update on my situation.

This morning I got a call fron the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre.Long story short ,it didn't went very well.I was basically told that because Ford had released a TSB for the problem in question ,I had to wait for Ford engineers to find a solution.I asked if there was gonna be a deadline before getting other options ,and she couldn't say anything.To add insult to injury ,as for conpensation they offered me a free extended warranty on the car.I refused saying that I paid for a new car and all I got was a worthless POS that I can't even sell.

When and if one day ,the car get fixed ,the first thing I'll do,will be to trade it for another car that I will be able to trust.

Needless to say that I will NEVER buy another Ford again.
Hi Beepster,

I'm saddened to read of your disappointment. It is beneficial to know that our Engineering Dept. is working to achieve a one-time solution for those that still have issues, as opposed to numerous trips to the dealer, which must be frustrating. Please keep in contact with your dealer, as well as Ford of Canada, as they will be in the best position to provide updates. I hope once your concerns are resolved, your confidence will be restored. As for your mother's issue, it is not too late to provide feedback on her experience. It will be documented, which is greatly appreciated, as customer satisfaction is very important.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #107
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Nichole,

Hi Beepster,

I'm saddened to read of your disappointment. It is beneficial to know that our Engineering Dept. is working to achieve a one-time solution for those that still have issues, as opposed to numerous trips to the dealer, which must be frustrating. Please keep in contact with your dealer, as well as Ford of Canada, as they will be in the best position to provide updates. I hope once your concerns are resolved, your confidence will be restored. As for your mother's issue, it is not too late to provide feedback on her experience. It will be documented, which is greatly appreciated, as customer satisfaction is very important.

~Natasha
Seeing that Ford Canada did almost nothing to help me ,not sure they will do much more for my mother.My car had a problem from the second it left the assembly line and nobody denies it!But still ,it's been costing me time,money and ruined my summer vacation.I was a Ford guy and previously owned 4 other Ford vehicles without any major issues,but after seeing how Ford refuse to take responsability when a faulty product comes out of the assembly line ,totally sickens me.When I make a mistake I pay for it and try not repeat it.So far this Ford mistake costed me a lot and hiding behind some engineers who got them in this situation in the first place is not good for Ford's image.Everydays ,my friends ,family and co-workers ask me about the car ,it became a running gag!Will any of them consider buying a Ford?With the troubles I got today,hell no!

I always get the dumb answer ,it's an isolated problem ,not all Focus are like that!So why didn't Ford bought it back or gave me a new one???I'm not here to make bad publicity,if Ford and the dealership would have taken responsability from the start ,this car would have been taken off the road the moment it was known there was a serious issue with it.

Offering me an extended warranty as a compensation was just plain insulting!Why would I ever want to keep that car,knowing it's a "lemon" and will bring me other headaches in the future.Ford had an opportunity to take responsability and they blew it.If Ford don't want to show any pride in their products ,I will find a car company that will!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #108
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
Can you please clarify what problem you are having with your new Focus? Personally I have not experienced any problems at all with my Ti, but like to be aware of any concerns or factual issues.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #109
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEREKC View Post
Can you please clarify what problem you are having with your new Focus? Personally I have not experienced any problems at all with my Ti, but like to be aware of any concerns or factual issues.
I will assume you are talking to me,so I will reply.

My car as a pulsating noise and vibration coming from the front of the car between the speeds of 50 and 70 MPH.Only a few cars have the issue.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #110
jsmichael
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61254
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 jsmichael Good Standing Member
I've had my 2012 Focus with PowerShift transmission for almost two months now with just under 3,000 miles on the odometer. I really love the car, even with the transmission idiosyncrasies. After coming from an '09 Focus, even my wife agrees that the car rides so much better than the '09 model.

While I anticipate a reflash for the transmission being issued by Ford within the next few months, my big beef with Ford is that it seems that most salesman don't have any idea of how this transmission works, and as such, they can't explain what to expect to their customers. And if that's the case, then Ford is wasting thousands of man hours in dealing with this "non-issue."

Also, it seems incredible that Ford is telling people to expect a 10,000-mile break-in period for the transmission. That bit of information should also be conveyed to the prospective customer prior to making the sale.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->