2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #91
FocusOnBike
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89015
What I Drive: 2012, Red, 5 door

FF Reputation: 1 FocusOnBike Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I noticed the same thing from the first day we took the car. I have only driven the car a few hundred miles, but the shuttering is noticeable anytime the your foot is off of the brake and not on the gas starting from a stop. If it's going to get worse, I'm concerned. Since, it seems that Engineering is working on this issue, is there any timeline for getting it fixed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #92
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsign23 View Post
...She in turn escalated my concern to a Ford representative who called me on my cell phone today at work and proceeded to tell me again there was nothing wrong with my Focus and we should expect it to continue to shudder possibly up to 10,000 miles. The car will always drift back on small to moderate inclines...
Hello tnsign23,

I'm sure it must be aggravating, but it does take some time for your Focus to get acclimated to your driving habits. Since the dealer and the engineer are both advising that it is normal, I suggest driving it for a while to see if it smooths out. It is regrettable that you feel unsatisfied, and your concerns have been documented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
I agree this doesn't look good for Ford.The salesmen are always pushing for the Powershift Transmission,and when you ask for the manual ,they say very little are available and an SEL could take take almost 2 months for delivery.And to make things worst,if you have a trade-in ,they drop it's value because of that ,so you pay the same price for Manual or Auto.And when people are unsatisfied they blame the client?For real?Major issues with the Powershift may be isolated problems ,but when at the same time we read that Ford is replacing the Powershift for an 8 speed normal tranny in the Fiesta,we ask ourself what's really going on.
Beepster,

It can be disheartening seeing these posters with concerns. While it seems they are having the same issue, the causes may be different. Your trade-in would depreciate in the two month ordering period, so for the value to be lessened is not unusual. I cannot speak on future models, but we are not replacing current model transmissions with a different transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusOnBike View Post
I noticed the same thing from the first day we took the car. I have only driven the car a few hundred miles, but the shuttering is noticeable anytime the your foot is off of the brake and not on the gas starting from a stop. If it's going to get worse, I'm concerned. Since, it seems that Engineering is working on this issue, is there any timeline for getting it fixed?
Hi FocusOnBike,

If you are worried, the best first step will be to bring your Focus to the dealer for diagnosis. They will be able to provide updates on any solutions for unresolved issues. Please let me know if I can assist.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #93
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyP View Post
....this isn't a manual transmission I paid for an automatic.... Sooooooooooooooo It needs to run and shift and decelerate like an automatic!
You did not buy an automatic transmission. What you bought is an automated manual transmission. This transmission will never behave like what you are accustomed to in an automatic transmission.

2012 Ingot Silver Focus SE 5spd w/ Sport and Winter pkgs.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #94
2012TI
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87295
What I Drive: 12 titanium blue candy, 2001 SVT co

FF Reputation: 1 2012TI Good Standing Member
For all the people complaining about the power shift trans it just needs to stop I would rather have automated manual (DSG) any day over a slow automatic. If you want to drive cars that really suck go get a Chevy or a GM, you wont have a car on the road because it will be in the shop more than it is on the road. Ford has made a huge step in the correct direction with everything, Dodge, (Chevy and GM) are stuck back in the 1940's. I have just over a month to get my new 2012 TITANIUM 5 DOOR and cant wait, but with all this complaining I hope they don't change it to run and shift like a Chevy. Try this next time research the car you want to buy before you buy it.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #95
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hello tnsign23,

Beepster,

It can be disheartening seeing these posters with concerns. While it seems they are having the same issue, the causes may be different. Your trade-in would depreciate in the two month ordering period, so for the value to be lessened is not unusual. I cannot speak on future models, but we are not replacing current model transmissions with a different transmission.

~Natasha
I change cars every 2 to 3 years ,so buying a new car is not a new experience for me.This is the first time that I see the value of my trade in being dropped because of the excessive waiting time for the delivery of a new car.

As for an update on my situation ,I contacted Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre and hopefully I'll know in a few days if they will recommend a new car for me.It was kinda funny when they asked me what I wanted from Ford.I simply said "A car that work!".

Seriously,It's been 8 weeks and because I don't trust this car ,this pretty much ruined my vacation.And for most of it ,I had that rolling billboard that they call a loaner.Yeah sure I'm going to go on a road trip with a loaner.Hopefully Ford will either fix this permanently or simply replace my car.And this time I want the manual transmission.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #96
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012TI View Post
...I have just over a month to get my new 2012 TITANIUM 5 DOOR and cant wait...
Hi 2012TI,

Congrats on your upcoming Focus!! If you would like me to track your order status, PM me with your order number, which should be on your receipt from your dealer. It is usually 4 digits, 3 numbers and 1 letter, or just 4 numbers. and I will also need your dealer number, or their name and location. I will make the rest of your wait as enjoyable as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
...As for an update on my situation ,I contacted Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre and hopefully I'll know in a few days if they will recommend a new car for me.It was kinda funny when they asked me what I wanted from Ford.I simply said "A car that work!"...
Beepster,

I'm pleased that you decided to contact Ford of Canada. They are best able to ease your concerns. Please keep me in mind if I can help with anything.

~Natasha

Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #97
2012TI
Focus Enthusiast

[QUOTE=FordCustomerService;3796328]Hi 2012TI,

Congrats on your upcoming Focus!! If you would like me to track your order status, PM me with your order number, which should be on your receipt from your dealer. It is usually 4 digits, 3 numbers and 1 letter, or just 4 numbers. and I will also need your dealer number, or their name and location. I will make the rest of your wait as enjoyable as possible!

Beepster,

I'm pleased that you decided to contact Ford of Canada. They are best able to ease your concerns. Please keep me in mind if I can help with anything.

~Natasha I did not get any order number is this something I can ask for. I do however have a VIN #
Old 08-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #98
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Hey 2012TI,

The VIN works perfectly as well. Please private message me with it and I'll keep you updated on the status.

~Natasha

Old 08-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #99
2012TI
Focus Enthusiast

1fahp3n22cl234899
Old 08-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #100
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi 2012TI,

Beepster,

~Natasha
I contacted them wednesday morning and still didn't get any call back.Hopefully I'll get news on monday.

Is there a time limit to push a complaint?

In 2007 ,my mother got totally ripped off by an Ottawa dealership who charged her 750$ for cruise control on a 07 Focus SE.When she picked up the car ,all they installed was one of those cheap 100$ cruise control stick you can get everywhere.A week after purchase the dash went blank and she went to the closest dealership.Once there,they told her that the warranty was voided because of the cheap cruise control ,so she had to drive an hour to go where she bought the car.My mother made them fix the car and remove the piece of junk cruise control.Not only they never refunded her for that crappy cruise control that was grossely overcharged and voided the warranty ,but they also charged her for the rental car they gave her until the repair was complete.

She complained to the dealership but never got a cent back.

Would really enjoy payback for that very low blow!

Bookmarks & Social Networks