2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #81
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My 2012 also has a weird vibration on the front axle.So far the dealer replaced one driveshaft,bearings,the tires and the transmission and nothing changed.They now told me that many 2012 have shown the same noise and vibration between 50 and 80 mph,and Ford engineers are now working on the problem.Was anyone else told the same?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #82
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
My 2012 also has a weird vibration on the front axle.So far the dealer replaced one driveshaft,bearings,the tires and the transmission and nothing changed.They now told me that many 2012 have shown the same noise and vibration between 50 and 80 mph,and Ford engineers are now working on the problem.Was anyone else told the same?
Hi Beepster,

It is beneficial that your dealer has thoroughly tried to stop your vibration. While Engineering is working to resolve noise concerns for affected customers, I am not able to speculate on any solutions they may be testing. I suggest keeping in contact with your dealer for updates.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #83
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Beepster,

It is beneficial that your dealer has thoroughly tried to stop your vibration. While Engineering is working to resolve noise concerns for affected customers, I am not able to speculate on any solutions they may be testing. I suggest keeping in contact with your dealer for updates.

~Natasha
My dealer already replaced most of the powertrain and I spent a month driving a loaner.They say they can't do anything more until Engeneering find a fix.If no solution is found soon,they are talking about replacing my car.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #84
jake1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88064
What I Drive: 1994 grey mazda protoge

FF Reputation: 1 jake1 Good Standing Member
For Beepster, For what it's worth, I had a similar problem on an old pontiac, and it turned out to be the engine mounts.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #85
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1 View Post
For Beepster, For what it's worth, I had a similar problem on an old pontiac, and it turned out to be the engine mounts.
If it was the engine mounts ,it would do it all the time and not simply between 50 and 80 mph.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #86
ChrissyP
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89068
What I Drive: 2012 red focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 ChrissyP Good Standing Member
2012 Ford Focus Transsmission shuddering

We just bought our 2012 Focus last month... it has 2500 miles as of today... and the shuddering you all are talking about is getting progressively worse!!!! We felt it the first test drive and were told thats how these new transmissions are.. blah blah blah. The salesman who sold it to us had been driving it himself (his kids carseat was in it) and he said he didn't feel it and I just needed to get used to it. Well that didn't sit well with me. So I have called and talked and had it in once already... the service manager took it for a spin in the garage..... and he said he felt it... So he asked me to wait a few hours till he could contact ford and ask a few questions... I had to call him back a week later to find out he had heard from ford and needs to run a few tests! Well thanks to this forum I have a clearer idea whats up! I know mmmoose says it is just how a manual transmission works but mmmooose .... this isn't a manual transmission I paid for an automatic.... Sooooooooooooooo It needs to run and shift and decelerate like an automatic! Also before I bought I did a bit of reading and I liked the idea that this isn't a new transmission.... It had been in use overseas in the focuses they were selling elsewhere. So I felt pretty good that there were no new item bugs to work out.... wrong I guess. I am taking this car tomorrow as a matter of fact to get the tests run that ford suggested to my service manager at C Harper Ford in Belle Vernon, PA Wish me luck!!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #87
ChrissyP
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89068
What I Drive: 2012 red focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 ChrissyP Good Standing Member
Mine is doing the same I have 2500 and it seems to be getting worse kinda scary I don't have the free time to deal with this going back and foreth to a dealer geeeezzzzz
Old 08-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #88
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
My dealer already replaced most of the powertrain and I spent a month driving a loaner.They say they can't do anything more until Engeneering find a fix.If no solution is found soon,they are talking about replacing my car.
Hi Beepster,

I responded to your other thread, but I recommend contacting Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1.800.565.3673 for assistance. They will be in the best position to discuss solutions to your concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyP View Post
We just bought our 2012 Focus last month... it has 2500 miles as of today... and the shuddering you all are talking about is getting progressively worse!!...I am taking this car tomorrow as a matter of fact to get the tests run that ford suggested to my service manager at C Harper Ford in Belle Vernon, PA Wish me luck!!!!
Hi ChrissyP,

Bringing your Focus to the dealer is the perfect step. If they are unable to diagnose it after performing the tests, please send me a PM with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can assist.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #89
tnsign23
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89013
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Focus, 2002 Ranger

FF Reputation: 1 tnsign23 Good Standing Member
Just a note to let all of you know all well Ford and Natasha are fixing the problems they find with the Focus transmissions and what I have experienced.

I sent Natasha the following PM a couple of days ago.

We too have trouble with our transmission. It shutters when we take off or slow down to the point where we think it is a safety issue when we try to cross traffic. It also rolls backward at small to large inclines again a safety concern for us. We have to put left foot on the brake and gas at the same time with right which cause inaccurate starts and hesitations/stalls on hills.

We have taken the car to our dealer twice in the last two weeks, but both times they report nothing is wrong with the vehicle. After the first visit we were not happy and escalated to dealer manager and he brought us back in. But we knew they would not find anything in service and they didn't. it was just to appease us. And again service sent us home with no recourse. So now I am turning to you.

She in turn escalated my concern to a Ford representative who called me on my cell phone today at work and proceeded to tell me again there was nothing wrong with my Focus and we should expect it to continue to shudder possibly up to 10,000 miles. The car will always drift back on small to moderate inclines. He told me that I should have read the owners manual and understood these things before we purchased the car. He also pointed out that we should done a better job of test driving the car before purchase. Then he said that he would talk to our dealer about why we weren't told about the type of transmission, but that the sale staffs should all be aware of the nuances of the Focus transmission. He said there was nothing he could or would do.

Again this was a waste of my time with a company that spent well over 30 years buying vehicles from, my wife as well, and her father a retired employee.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #90
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsign23 View Post
Just a note to let all of you know all well Ford and Natasha are fixing the problems they find with the Focus transmissions and what I have experienced.

I sent Natasha the following PM a couple of days ago.

We too have trouble with our transmission. It shutters when we take off or slow down to the point where we think it is a safety issue when we try to cross traffic. It also rolls backward at small to large inclines again a safety concern for us. We have to put left foot on the brake and gas at the same time with right which cause inaccurate starts and hesitations/stalls on hills.

We have taken the car to our dealer twice in the last two weeks, but both times they report nothing is wrong with the vehicle. After the first visit we were not happy and escalated to dealer manager and he brought us back in. But we knew they would not find anything in service and they didn't. it was just to appease us. And again service sent us home with no recourse. So now I am turning to you.

She in turn escalated my concern to a Ford representative who called me on my cell phone today at work and proceeded to tell me again there was nothing wrong with my Focus and we should expect it to continue to shudder possibly up to 10,000 miles. The car will always drift back on small to moderate inclines. He told me that I should have read the owners manual and understood these things before we purchased the car. He also pointed out that we should done a better job of test driving the car before purchase. Then he said that he would talk to our dealer about why we weren't told about the type of transmission, but that the sale staffs should all be aware of the nuances of the Focus transmission. He said there was nothing he could or would do.

Again this was a waste of my time with a company that spent well over 30 years buying vehicles from, my wife as well, and her father a retired employee.
I agree this doesn't look good for Ford.The salesmen are always pushing for the Powershift Transmission,and when you ask for the manual ,they say very little are available and an SEL could take take almost 2 months for delivery.And to make things worst,if you have a trade-in ,they drop it's value because of that ,so you pay the same price for Manual or Auto.And when people are unsatisfied they blame the client?For real?Major issues with the Powershift may be isolated problems ,but when at the same time we read that Ford is replacing the Powershift for an 8 speed normal tranny in the Fiesta,we ask ourself what's really going on.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.