Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 14 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #131
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have grinding noise when turning out of driveways and parking spots. I haven't had time to take it in yet but I will try to when I'm free which won't be until 2 weeks.

I have had the car for 2 months and its been doing this for over a month...sucks!!!!

Maybe it has to do with my bearings or struts?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #132
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi Beepster and DanteCaspian,

I know it must be discouraging to have issues with your Focuses. To discuss your situation, I suggest contacting Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1.800.565.3673. If they are unable to assist, please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
Just thought I'd provide an update since i Just picked up my car... They got it fixed and the noise is gone. Had to replace the wheel bearings...
Hey sirhawkeye,

Thank you for the update! I'm pleased you have such positive feedback of your dealer. Please let me know if your shifting becomes more concerning so I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
I have grinding noise when turning out of driveways and parking spots. I haven't had time to take it in yet but I will try to when I'm free which won't be until 2 weeks...
Hi chum567,

I know life can be hectic, and your dealer is in the best position to resolve your issue quickly. You might consider asking if they have a courtesy shuttle so you can find somewhere more comfortable to wait.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #133
DanteCaspian
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 57473
What I Drive: 2012, Platinum, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 DanteCaspian Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post

I know it must be discouraging to have issues with your Focuses. To discuss your situation, I suggest contacting Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1.800.565.3673. If they are unable to assist, please let me know.

~Natasha
Thanks Natasha. I will go through the motions. The Ford shop we have been with for years, is on this with the parts on order. I have no reason to distrust their efforts at this time.

Is there a place where civilians can get the latest TSB... other than waiting for a forum user to offer them up?
Old 08-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #134
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post

~Natasha
I'm not gonna call Ford of Canada Relationship if a TSB exist that will fix my problem that sounds to be the same as sirhawkeye.If he,or even you, can supply me with the TSB number for those new bearings,I could relay the info to my dealership to fix the problem once and for all.I can understand my dealership getting some heat from Ford for changing a brand new transmission for absolutely nothing,but this can't drag forever.If someone can give me a TSB or SSM# for the solution I wopuld really appreciate it.The dealership says they are looking at OASIS everydays for updates ,but so far didn't get that one.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #135
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Thank you FordCustomerService. I will let you know if the trans shifting doesn't get better. For now, though, I've been driving it fairly lightly (because it's still under 1000 miles). Maybe I need to do something differently? I have found that more "firm" accelerations result in smoother shifting, so maybe I should "baby" it so much anymore, since it is now near 1000 miles.

Anyways, for those who are wondering, I don't have the TSB number. All I know is that Ford released one early this month and that it is in fact a problem with some of the Foci out there. Mine starting making the noise at around 35mph, so I think their range of 50-75 MPH is a bit too narrow of a range. But then again, each car can be different.

I'm just glad it got taken care of before things started to get real bad.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #136
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

One thing that I Have noticed, and isn't too big of a concern right now, is that I'm now down about a 1/4 of a quart of oil. I don't see any signs of leakage or burning. Anyone else have this? I could have sworn the thing was full when I purchased the car, but checked today after the car sat over night and it is about 1/4 quart low. I"m going to get the oil changed in the next week, but has anyone else experienced this, or is this normal for the oil when it comes from the factory??

I'm planning on using Mobile 1 Synthetic as soon as the car hits 1000 miles. Ideas?
Old 08-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #137
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
Thank you FordCustomerService. I will let you know if the trans shifting doesn't get better. For now, though, I've been driving it fairly lightly (because it's still under 1000 miles). Maybe I need to do something differently? I have found that more "firm" accelerations result in smoother shifting, so maybe I should "baby" it so much anymore, since it is now near 1000 miles.

Anyways, for those who are wondering, I don't have the TSB number. All I know is that Ford released one early this month and that it is in fact a problem with some of the Foci out there. Mine starting making the noise at around 35mph, so I think their range of 50-75 MPH is a bit too narrow of a range. But then again, each car can be different.

I'm just glad it got taken care of before things started to get real bad.
So in other word,the things about the "new bearings" was not at all in the TSB?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #138
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
So in other word,the things about the "new bearings" was not at all in the TSB?

OK to be honest, I never saw or looked up the TSB. This is what I was told from the dealer. I guess the reason I didn't look it up was because it no longer pertained to me. I would urge people to look up the TSB first (it may not have been published to the public just yet).
Old 08-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #139
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hello,

A TSB is simply a supplement to the repair manual, so dealers diagnose the concerns, and perform any applicable TSBs based on the symptoms exhibited by that particular vehicle. As sirhawkeye said, every car is different, so it is best to have a diagnosis done first. It is fine if you choose not to contact Ford of Canada yet, just know that they are available if you need assistance.

sirhawkeye,

Your oil consumption doesn't sound too concerning. Just keep an eye on it, and let me know if it increases.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #140
pjhogan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89132
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 pjhogan Good Standing Member
Transmission Shudder

I purchased my 2012 hatchback in July and have had it into service once already for this "shudder." My car is an automatic, no clutch. It feels as if the car will stall when I come to a stop sign and sometimes hesitates when I press the gas, then just takes off. That part is a little scary. It also idles rough at times, other times it's so quiet I can't tell if the engine is still running. I am taking the car back this Friday for them to check it again as I am still having this problem after 3000 miles. I printed all the posts from this site, and am taking it with me to the dealer so they don't think I'm nuts. Sometimes they look at me like I don't know what I'm talking about (you think it's because I'm female?), but my dad was a mechanic and I know when things are not right. Other than that, I love this car!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.