Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 12 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #111
TonyTDYagain
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88839
What I Drive: 2012, White Platinum, Titanium

Points 35, Level 1
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 TonyTDYagain Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My 2012 Titanium also has the hessitation issue and I will be taking it in tomorrow to get it checked along with my MyFordTouch going dead. Has anyone else had issues with the 9 inch going out? It started with my phone not connecting, then the Sirrius quit working, then the Navigation, then nothing. Won't even turn on.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #112
cj2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88846
What I Drive: 2012 focus se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 cj2012 Good Standing Member
2012 Focus growl / moan noise

I too have 2012 se sedan that had severe roar and growl/moan at 57mph, Dealer replaced wheel brg and noise got quieter but still has it. Bought 2 cars last month. 2012 focus and new Fiesta. Both trannys are very jerky and car seems to hunt unless you put your foot in it smoothly. If you stomp it it does not always shift to correct gear. I test drove another new car that was within 15 numbers in production run and car roared horribly at same speed. I had factory area engineer test drive and am awaiting results of his inquirys. This is my second and third ford all at one time. Last Vehicle 2006 F150 Lariat crew cab. really loved my truck except mileage. Ford needs to figure something out with this Tranny issue or I am seeking Lemon Law because as as far as I am concerned problems severly diminish value of vehicle.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #113
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,353, Level 98
Points: 27,353, Level: 98 Points: 27,353, Level: 98 Points: 27,353, Level: 98
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Whirring and moaning can be CV axles. Keep taking it back to your dealer since they are fixing it. I had an issue recently that I thought was bearings, but turned out to be mostly inner CV joint failure. I had to replace my axles. I have 130k, so that's not horribly bad for axles. I probably could've driven further on those, but didn't because I was making a 1k mile round trip to FocusFest.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #114
bjennie4
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88865
What I Drive: 2012, blue, focus se

FF Reputation: 1 bjennie4 Good Standing Member
Shuddering when stopped or in reverse

I am also having some trouble with my 6spd auto transmission. It actually almost stalled on me when I was in reverse trying to park this morning. I notice that it idles very low, especially on hills and sometimes shudders like it's going to stall. It only has 450 miles on it and I picked it up about a week and a half ago. I read the posts and saw that those who went to their dealers said that it just has to be broken in. I'm going to call my dealers service dept today and see what they say. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #115
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,229, Level 35
Points: 3,229, Level: 35 Points: 3,229, Level: 35 Points: 3,229, Level: 35
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1 View Post
Natasha, I am also interested in whether or not you can confirm that an updated fix is in the works from Ford by the end of September.
Hi Jake,

I am not able to speculate on any updates our Engineering team may be working on, but I will keep you posted as information is released. Please keep in mind, however, the concerns shown on this forum are not an indication of an issue that affects every Focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTDYagain View Post
My 2012 Titanium also has the hessitation issue and I will be taking it in tomorrow to get it checked along with my MyFordTouch going dead.
Hi TonyTDYagain,

Please keep me updated on your dealer's diagnosis. If they are unable to resolve your hesitation and MyFord Touch issue, please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2012 View Post
I too have 2012 se sedan that had severe roar and growl/moan at 57mph, Dealer replaced wheel brg and noise got quieter but still has it. I had factory area engineer test drive and am awaiting results of his inquirys.
Hello cj2012,

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Ford family. I'm sure this must be discouraging, but I am glad an engineer is researching to resolve this to your satisfaction. If they are unable to resolve it to your satisfaction, please send me a private message with your information (VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state) and I will assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjennie4 View Post
I am also having some trouble with my 6spd auto transmission. It actually almost stalled on me when I was in reverse trying to park this morning. I notice that it idles very low, especially on hills and sometimes shudders like it's going to stall. I'm going to call my dealers service dept today and see what they say.
Hi bjennie4,

Making an appointment with your dealer is the perfect first step. They will be able to properly diagnose your Focus. I am also here if you need any assistance.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #116
TonyTDYagain
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88839
What I Drive: 2012, White Platinum, Titanium

Points 35, Level 1
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 TonyTDYagain Good Standing Member
Update. Dropped off my Focus this morning at the dealer. They ran a diagnostics and found a bad interface module with my nine inch touch screen. I also had the rear door front seals come loose from both doors and they have to order both parts. Seems the dealers don't have 2012 parts on thier shelves yet :) Only problem is they are expecting the parts in a week so no radio, phone, GPS to go back and forth to work with. I told them to keep it until it's fixed, I'll drive my F-150 till then.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #117
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,229, Level 35
Level Up 20% Completed
Forum Activity 28%
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTDYagain View Post
Update. Dropped off my Focus this morning at the dealer. They ran a diagnostics and found a bad interface module with my nine inch touch screen. I also had the rear door front seals come loose from both doors and they have to order both parts. Seems the dealers don't have 2012 parts on thier shelves yet :) Only problem is they are expecting the parts in a week so no radio, phone, GPS to go back and forth to work with. I told them to keep it until it's fixed, I'll drive my F-150 till then.

Hi TonyTDYagain,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad they were able to determine the causes of your concerns! Please let me know if they have any difficulty getting the parts in, and I'll assist. It's great that you have your F-150 in the meantime, but I can't wait for you to get your Focus back!

~Natasha

Old 08-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #118
JPopNC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88327
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium H-back

Points 1,252, Level 19
Points: 1,252, Level: 19 Points: 1,252, Level: 19 Points: 1,252, Level: 19
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 JPopNC Good Standing Member
I too have experienced the "shudder" feeling on my Titanium and because of this Fanatics page, will get it checked out sooner rather than later. I always related it to something similar to trying to start off in second gear, so I've been dropping it down to 'S' and starting off in Sport mode, then upshifting once I get going good.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #119
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,229, Level 35
Level Up 20% Completed
Forum Activity 28%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPopNC View Post
I too have experienced the "shudder" feeling on my Titanium and because of this Fanatics page, will get it checked out sooner rather than later. I always related it to something similar to trying to start off in second gear, so I've been dropping it down to 'S' and starting off in Sport mode, then upshifting once I get going good.
Hi JPopNC,

Having the dealer inspect your Focus will be beneficial in easing your concerns. They will thoroughly diagnose it, and are in the best position to provide solutions. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance!

~Natasha

Old 08-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #120
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
Just got a call from the dealer... sounds like it's a wheel bearing problem.

Funny part is that when he desdribed Ford's reaction to the problem, they seemed to be aware of the problem by making a comment about "a noise between 50-75mph" that seems to match the description of what I'm experiencing.

Now the questions is how long... he couldn't get me an estimate unfortunately. Said something like Ford has to get them from the manufacturer, and who knows how long that's going to take.
Welcome to my nightmare.I got my 2012 Focus 7 weeks ago and from the start had the 50 to 80 mph vibration.So far they replaced one drive shaft,bearings ,the entire transmission and I also replaced the Continental tires for some GoodYear and the vibration/noise is still there.On the 9th of August they also told me that the engineers were aware about the situation and were working on it.Had a few arguements at the dealership with the service department,owner and even the salesman who was worried about the way I was gonna rate him on the survey.Sorry,but it's hard to say "completely satisfied" when the car never rolled like a new car should.In two weeks the dealership is suppose to contact me for an update and maybe offering me a car replacement if a solution is not found.It's hard to believe that Ford will replace all the problem cars.Hope Ford engineers will solve this very soon.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.