What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning? - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #71
jmcrides03
low n slow

Fan#: 75938
What I Drive: 96 paseo 97 contour zetec mtx 75

FF Reputation: 7 jmcrides03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
once aain even with their so called global model american foci owners are still getting the shaft being excluded from options such as hids and windows down from outside of car. WTF is fords problem their supposed to be an american car company but they sure seem to be more supportive of foreign markets . makes no sense to me.
sedan revolution #83 Team Focus Cleveland #14
96 toyota paseo 97 contour zetec mtx turbo build in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #72
Hypnotoad
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85864
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 3 Hypnotoad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If there are any differences in power window behaviour between Euro and American versions it is most likely because their lawyers told them if there is even a one in a billion chance of it causing harm somehow then disable it in the U.S. Other countries don't have the broken tort system the U.S. does so convenience overrides a miniscule risk.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #73
lscrx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41668
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE hatch 5mt

FF Reputation: 2 lscrx Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by justy View Post
there's 2 different features being discussed...
  1. the one touch up/down on the windows using the buttons inside the car (all cars have this feature)
  2. being able to put all windows up/down via the key fob--holding the lock/unlock button down (confirmed not working in US cars).

are you confirming that your Canadian focus has feature 2 in addition to 1?
The SE only has one-touch down for the drivers window, and none of the windows have one-touch up.

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 08-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #74
Dgc333
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85422
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Dgc333 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcrides03 View Post
once aain even with their so called global model american foci owners are still getting the shaft being excluded from options such as hids and windows down from outside of car. WTF is fords problem their supposed to be an american car company but they sure seem to be more supportive of foreign markets . makes no sense to me.
Even though it is a global car each country/region determines features and options that are going to be offered in their region. HID head lights would need to go through an expensive certification process to be sold in the US that the US marketing folks determined was not justifiable based on potential sales. I would tend to agree, the vast majority of folks that are going to buy a new Focus don't care about HID head lights and I happen to be one.

You have to remember that Fords obligation is to the stock holders, not to a small minority of folks that want a particular option or feature. They may have made a mistake or the market may change and its added or it may be a planned progression of features they add on a year to year basis to keep interest up.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #75
Cheechbubba
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85473
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Cheechbubba Good Standing Member
Something I just found out today. On my Titanium... I left my keys in my gym bag and shut the trunk. Car was locked. I would shut the trunk and two seconds later it would pop open. After trying to shut it 5 or 6 times it occurred to me that I did not have my keys in my pocket. Took them out of the bag and the trunk stayed shut.
Pretty amazed by that... go figure!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #76
Armen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88098
What I Drive: 2012 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 Armen Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteCaspian View Post
Just put it on, man! Even at 5KM to 20KM (typical lot speeds), the kinetic energy transferred at an impact (say from another negligent driver) is great enough to snap a human body forward.
We are mostly bags of jelly wrapped around a skeleton... does not take much inertia to move you.
Yes you are right. But each to their own.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
I'm actually not sure you can do that at all...I'd be very surprised if you could.
Don't you know - Canadians don't lie :)

And yes, it's in the manual how to turn the seatbelt chime off. My F150 was the same.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #77
MGbox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheechbubba View Post
Something I just found out today. On my Titanium... I left my keys in my gym bag and shut the trunk. Car was locked. I would shut the trunk and two seconds later it would pop open. After trying to shut it 5 or 6 times it occurred to me that I did not have my keys in my pocket. Took them out of the bag and the trunk stayed shut.
That's so smart. Not only does it recognize proximity to the car, but it knows when the keys are INSIDE or OUTSIDE of the car :)

"Hey jackass, you forgot something!"
Old 08-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #78
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGbox View Post
That's so smart. Not only does it recognize proximity to the car, but it knows when the keys are INSIDE or OUTSIDE of the car :)

"Hey jackass, you forgot something!"
So ur saying that if u try to lock the car and the keys are in it it wont lock? Or is this just applicable for the trunk?
Old 08-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #79
scottjl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheechbubba View Post
something in your bag must have been pushing on the button. just tried this out myself and the trunk didn't pop open, nor would the car lock by touching the black square.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #80
Cheechbubba
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85473
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Cheechbubba Good Standing Member
I think just trhe trunk... I think I have left my keys in the car befor and it worked... I can vouch for the trunk though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->