2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #71
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock99 View Post
You're telling me that the dealership can't do nothing for me? Man,you are getting smarter by the minute.And fyi ,I'm not insulting everyone.I'm only answering back to someone who thinks he knows everything!If everything was so simple,me,Ford and everyone else having the same problems wouldn't be wasting time on this problem.

I'm honestly trying to unsubscibe from this place but can't get any answers on how.
If You want to cancel Your account, please contact "Admin" or "Tom".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #72
Grimlock99

Fan#:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller_1974 View Post
If You want to cancel Your account, please contact "Admin" or "Tom".
Already asked twice and trying a third time.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #73
Jamie B
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87948
What I Drive: 2009 Grey Jetta

FF Reputation: 1 Jamie B Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What I can say is that I called Warnock Ford after I switched cars, and they said that they had told Enterprise that the car just needed to be driven more. Although it seems to me that the readout I got about transmission failure meant that in this case, the problem was more serious than just a few bugs to be worked out.

I wonder whether, if a Focus needs to learn the driving style of one driver, then it is a bad car to add to a rental car fleet, since it's going to have multiple drivers.

I also wonder whether, given the number of reports of transmission problems I've seen online with this car, there is a recall or service advisory in the works?
Old 07-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #74
jake1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88064
What I Drive: 1994 grey mazda protoge

FF Reputation: 1 jake1 Good Standing Member
toggle shifter on shift column

I was thinking of buying a focus so I drove one. The shudder you all describe didn't bother me that much. What bothered me, was that when I wanted to use the toggle switch to change gears manually, it was very slow in responding. It took about half a second or maybe more from the time I pushed the toggle switch until the gear changed. I can do that faster in my manual transmission car with my left foot operating a regular clutch. Is this normal for a dual clutch? Isn't the whole idea of two clutches to make the shifts very fast? Was I driving a lemon? Does any one else think this toggle switch is too slow?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #75
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie B View Post
What I can say is that I called Warnock Ford after I switched cars, and they said that they had told Enterprise that the car just needed to be driven more. Although it seems to me that the readout I got about transmission failure meant that in this case, the problem was more serious than just a few bugs to be worked out.

I wonder whether, if a Focus needs to learn the driving style of one driver, then it is a bad car to add to a rental car fleet, since it's going to have multiple drivers.

I also wonder whether, given the number of reports of transmission problems I've seen online with this car, there is a recall or service advisory in the works?
Hi Jamie B,

The customers with ongoing transmission concerns represented online are not necessarily an indication of a large-scale issue. Many shift differences have been resolved with software updates, as well as better explanation of the transmission technology upon delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1 View Post
I was thinking of buying a focus so I drove one. The shudder you all describe didn't bother me that much. What bothered me, was that when I wanted to use the toggle switch to change gears manually, it was very slow in responding. It took about half a second or maybe more from the time I pushed the toggle switch until the gear changed. I can do that faster in my manual transmission car with my left foot operating a regular clutch. Is this normal for a dual clutch? Isn't the whole idea of two clutches to make the shifts very fast? Was I driving a lemon? Does any one else think this toggle switch is too slow?
Hello,

SelectShift will make adjustments to prevent stalling or over-revving. That may account for the delay you noticed.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #76
jake1
Focus Rookie

Natasha sounds like a nice, helpful sort of girl. But her advice is pretty blah. Has she actually helped any of you guys resolve your problems or is all this just soothing PR
Old 08-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #77
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Hi jake1,

Umm...thanks, I think. If you look around the forums, you'll find plenty of people I've helped, and I'm sure moderator whynotthinkwhynot will be around to vouch for me shortly. Please let me know if I can help you with anything!

~Natasha

Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #78
Johnwillyson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87766
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium, Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Johnwillyson Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1 View Post
Natasha sounds like a nice, helpful sort of girl. But her advice is pretty blah. Has she actually helped any of you guys resolve your problems or is all this just soothing PR
She has worked wonders, and there are lots of people on this forum that value and appreciate all she does and has done. There are lots of people who will vouch for her.
ETA Delivery: 8/8, Revised 8/17
Delivered 8/19
Old 08-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #79
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwillyson View Post
She has worked wonders, and there are lots of people on this forum that value and appreciate all she does and has done. There are lots of people who will vouch for her.
Johnwillyson,

Thank you so much!! I appreciate it!

~Natasha

Old 08-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #80
jake1
Focus Rookie

I read on one of these threads that Ford is replacing the Fiesta dual clutch transmission with an 8 speed regular torque converter transmission. I think this is a smart idea because it seems to me that the dual clutch transmission has a hardware issue that cannot be solved with software updates. To me, it sounds like the two clutches do not engage and disengage alternately, in a syn. There is too much of a delay from when one clutch disengages and the seconds one engages. This is why the toggle switch is slow and it also partially explains the hesitation on starts and when slowing down. What does Ford engineering say should be the maximum time between disengaging one clutch and engaging the second? Should that occur simultaneously? Thanks Jake1

Bookmarks & Social Networks