Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #61
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I want to thank everyone, and the people behind FordCustomerService username, for offering to help. I appreciate it. Finally took the car back to the dealer today and they are going to keep it until they can get it fixed (which on the down side, they said could take 1-2 weeks). AT least, they were generous enough to allow me to use one of their loaner cars while mine is being worked on (and they aren't even charging me for it, which is nice too--I just pay for the gas obviously).

So I will let everyone know how it goes when I get the car back or when I get more info as to what could be causing the problem (for those who might be wondering). I myself and curious too as to what the heck could be making that noise. At least they (the tech) drove it with me and verified the problem is there, and that's its not a normal thing and that it needs to be addressed ASAP... he told me he was concerned it was a bearing either in the trans or somewhere in the drivetrain system, and that's why I got it in quickly.

I will say this, though... I loved all of the Ford vehicles I've owned. I've never had a major problem with any of them (except for my first car--the 95 Taurus with 190k) but that was an exception because it was over 10 years old and had almost 200k on it. But of the Focuses I've owned, I think they are great cars (and safe ones at that--I can tell you that from first hand experience unfortunately). So I've gone from being angry to now being hopeful that Ford will address these problems in an appropriate manner, and in a timely fashion as well. I mean, the 2012 Focus has been out for a few months, but it's still new and it may take a few more months before TSBs and/or recalls start showing up.

Anyway, I will post updates for the curious ones out there when I get more info...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 12:30 AM   #62
rcadd1ct
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88500
What I Drive: 2013, Silver Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 rcadd1ct Good Standing Member
Anyone else have the nav audio system lock up while driving.

It was still playing music, but the screen was locked up.

When I stopped and turned the car off the screen did not blank for several minutes.

When I drove to lunch it was OK.

On the way home it locked up and then said it was doing a system update.

Normal, abi-normal?

It is a little over a week old.

Thanks,
RCA
Old 08-04-2011, 05:37 AM   #63
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
I too joined this forum in hopes to find solution to what seems to be a problem to many new Focus owners. I am also experiencing shuddering at first displacement and when I come to a halt. My car also has no guts when I try to pass another. When I hit the gas pedal to accelerate, it feels as though the car is choking and the gas doesn’t give. Eventually it picks up. It is very scary because I’m changing lanes to pass only to slow down. I’m not sure I want to try and pass again. I’ve test driven a Focus Titanium a few months ago and that car was awesome! I wish mine was the same. I know I have to brake it in and that I’ve only had it for a few days but I’m not excited about mine like I was with the one I’ve test driven. Like some, I do not feel safe driving this car. My Focus already had 513km logged on when I got it and I know this is all highway driving as the car came from a different city. I’ve only put 200km myself of mostly city driving. I will give it time and keep on reading on here. I hope it does get better.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:40 AM   #64
beerbombs
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87541
What I Drive: 2012 Grey SEL

FF Reputation: 1 beerbombs Good Standing Member
I posted this same thing a few weeks ago, and got the same response. It is really annoying, but there is nothing that can be done. Although a friend of mine who works in a Ford body shop thinks that if they up the idle that will fix it, but the dealership I go to won't do it.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #65
beerbombs
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87541
What I Drive: 2012 Grey SEL

FF Reputation: 1 beerbombs Good Standing Member
Yep, I started mine one day and it didn't come on. Music played but I couldn't do anything. Natasha from Ford said that the engineers are aware and are working on an update, but I haven't seen anything since.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #66
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone,

Wow, lots of new posters to the forum! Welcome! For those of you working with your dealers, please continue to do so. If the dealer's repair hasn't fixed your issue, please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state and I will assist with your concerns.

sirhawkeye and Jellman123,

Thanks for the positive feedback! It's always beneficial so new posters know I am official and that I'm here to help.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #67
hammy627
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86517
What I Drive: 2010 Classic Silver SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 hammy627 Good Standing Member
shift with gas pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstall69 View Post
I received my 2012 Ford Focus in May. I noticed every symptom described in this post. My car now has over 6,000 miles and the symptoms seem to be getting worse. Stop and go traffic really seems to confuse the transmission. There are times where the transmission just seems to have a dead spot, I really have to move the accelerator pedal near the floor to get a response. It's starting to scare me with my children in the car.
If the tranny won't downshift at high engine revolutions, you can shift it manually by instantly lifting off the gas and then restoring power. I do this for "dead spots" as well.

Take the car to your dealer, as Natasha recommended. Talk to the service department head for driving tips while your car is being evaluated by a mechanic. Try my tip as well. You'll be surprised how easy it is to make the car shift with the gas pedal.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #68
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy627 View Post
If the tranny won't downshift at high engine revolutions, you can shift it manually by instantly lifting off the gas and then restoring power. I do this for "dead spots" as well.

Take the car to your dealer, as Natasha recommended. Talk to the service department head for driving tips while your car is being evaluated by a mechanic. Try my tip as well. You'll be surprised how easy it is to make the car shift with the gas pedal.
I 100% agree. I am use to diving a stick. ( I race a Mustang) Now I learned how to drive a dual clutch. It is different than an automatic and different than a stick. I think people have to learn to drive the Focus. Ford should offer classes on it as well as classes on the MyFordTouch. From what I read in Automotive News, the classes for MyFordTouch are coming .. I think classes for dual clutch cars should be next.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #69
hammy627
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86517
What I Drive: 2010 Classic Silver SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 hammy627 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
FordCustomerService: Just curious as to what the VIN will do (other than verify that I own the car and that it is not still for sale)?
I will PM you the VIN, but want to know more about who you are (are you from Ford Customer Relations division, or are you a customer service rep trying to keep things cool between customers and Ford? It doesn't really matter to me, but I want to know who I'm really dealing with before I start giving out info.

To re-iterate my anger about this issue with the transmission (at least, everyone thinks that's the problem...) I've been to three dealers (another one today) and nobody seems to know what this noise is. I thought that Ford Dealers have certified techs? The tech there said he wasn't even sure if he could work on the transmission or not because he was not terribly familiar with them? That gives me a lot of confidence in Ford.... their technicians aren't sure if their own car parts are servicable or not.

I will PM the VIN to you either today or tomorrow... whenever I get time.
The VIN number has the information Ford needs regarding the model/options you have on the Focus as well as where it was built. As to the mechanic from the Dealer- that reflects on the dealer, not Ford. Also remember that your car is the FIRST year with the six speed transmission, so of course the mechanic is new to it.

Let Natasha help you, and PLEASE don't take it out on her- she has helped a lot of people and wants to help you.

Good luck with your problem!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #70
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
NO, I"m not taking it out on Natasha... I just was a bit irritated in general, but I'm giving the dealer a chance to fix the problem first before I escalate it to the next level and go directly to Ford Customer Relations.

So far, I've just dropped the car off. So, we'll have to see. I also don't want to piss off the dealer by getting Ford corporate involved just yet. Like I said, I want to give the dealer I got the car from a chance to fix it, and then well take it from there.

If it sounded like I was taking it out on any particular person, I apologize, but it is frustrating and bothersome when buy a $21k car, only to have something more or less major wrong with the car--not to mention that nobody seems to know what the problem is, either. That's where the annoyance came from.

Bookmarks & Social Networks