Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #11
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I want to thank everyone, and the people behind FordCustomerService username, for offering to help. I appreciate it. Finally took the car back to the dealer today and they are going to keep it until they can get it fixed (which on the down side, they said could take 1-2 weeks). AT least, they were generous enough to allow me to use one of their loaner cars while mine is being worked on (and they aren't even charging me for it, which is nice too--I just pay for the gas obviously).

So I will let everyone know how it goes when I get the car back or when I get more info as to what could be causing the problem (for those who might be wondering). I myself and curious too as to what the heck could be making that noise. At least they (the tech) drove it with me and verified the problem is there, and that's its not a normal thing and that it needs to be addressed ASAP... he told me he was concerned it was a bearing either in the trans or somewhere in the drivetrain system, and that's why I got it in quickly.

I will say this, though... I loved all of the Ford vehicles I've owned. I've never had a major problem with any of them (except for my first car--the 95 Taurus with 190k) but that was an exception because it was over 10 years old and had almost 200k on it. But of the Focuses I've owned, I think they are great cars (and safe ones at that--I can tell you that from first hand experience unfortunately). So I've gone from being angry to now being hopeful that Ford will address these problems in an appropriate manner, and in a timely fashion as well. I mean, the 2012 Focus has been out for a few months, but it's still new and it may take a few more months before TSBs and/or recalls start showing up.

Anyway, I will post updates for the curious ones out there when I get more info...

Bookmarks & Social Networks