Tuning my 00 ZX3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-31-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
sM17
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 55991
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 sM17 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Tuning my 00 ZX3

Hey guys!

I see you all recommend everyone to talk to tom and get his tune. Unfortunately I cannot afford him :(. Also I have a tuner I was using on my 04 for circle track racing.

The tuner I have was said to be a Diablo Sport Tuner. It gives me 2 different options for tuning my focus. A "Standard Tune" and an "Advanced Tune". The Standard Tune I'm assuming is just a generic tune to open it up a little. The Advanced Tune though is something I would like to play around with.

The Advanced tune offers me 17 different things to modify. Some are just for rev limits to speed limits to diff size which I'm assuming is for the spedometer. I'd like to see if anyone can offer me some advice as to how to setup a few things with my cars current setup.

Octane level - Premium / 91 / 87
AIR / FUEL - Im able to adjust in 2% incriments +/-
Timing - 0-2k 2-4k 4-8k
EGR - on/off
Rear o2 - on/off

Everything else i can figure out on my own. Any help as to what you would set these at would be majorly beneficial.

I run Premium fuel currently, I have a race header and exhaust, UDP, 1 step colder motorcraft copper core plugs and thats it. Im still assuming the advanced tune would open my car up more than the standard tune. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
It sounds like you have a sct xcal not a diablo predator is the flasher green or black

You dont need to be making any adjustments to the fuel or timing , the preloaded tunes you have are for a base stock engine with no mods so with a race header , exh you will need some custom tuning

My guess is you dont have a air fuel gauge either ? 150.00 is a small price to pay to have a correct tune with FREE updates as you add more NA mods

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 07-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
sM17
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 55991
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 sM17 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The tuner itself is like a clear red plastic. When i start it it says "Granatelli Motorsports". It does have 2 ports on the bottom of it to connect to a computer. Though I think I'm just lagging behind here and telling you things you already know. My apologies.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I wouldnt use the preloaded tunes and get you a good flash tuner

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks