2012 a/c problem - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
IMACHU
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88288
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 IMACHU Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 a/c problem

Has any one had issues with their 2012 Focus in stop and go traffic with the a/c stops blowing cold air?When my Wife first got the car a/c would not work took it back and they said a fuse had dislodged and reinserted it no problems after that until this problem and of coarse Ford can not locate this issue has to become more of problem for them to locate this issue.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi IMACHU,

With this heat wave, I understand how uncomfortable that can be! Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state and I will assist with your issue.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
scott1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88402
What I Drive: 2012 silver SCE

FF Reputation: 1 scott1 Good Standing Member
I bought a new 2012 Ford Focus and the AC went out before I could get home from the sale lost. Three weeks later and 3000 mile on a rental car I am going to pick it up this afternoon. The story goes that the oil in the refergeriant (SP) was never put in while on the assembly line (a malfunction in the assembly process). I understand it took out the compressor along with a couple of other components. I know atleast five other cars had the same problem when I took mine back. Good luck Focus owners.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1 View Post
I bought a new 2012 Ford Focus and the AC went out before I could get home from the sale lost. Three weeks later and 3000 mile on a rental car I am going to pick it up this afternoon. The story goes that the oil in the refergeriant (SP) was never put in while on the assembly line (a malfunction in the assembly process). I understand it took out the compressor along with a couple of other components. I know atleast five other cars had the same problem when I took mine back. Good luck Focus owners.
Hi scott1,

I'm sure it was aggravating to have issues on your brand new Focus. I'm glad they were able to resolve it for you. In the future, please do not hesitate to let me know if I can help.

~Natasha

Old 08-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
Jim in Mich
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88682
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Jim in Mich Good Standing Member
We took ours on a trip to Iowa and the temps were in the upper 90's with the sun shining and the A/C just couldn't keep up. We put in on recirc and the fan on 4 and we were sweating like crazy. Took it to a Ford dealer and told them we were from out of town and could they look at it with no appointment and we got right in. He checked the freon level and it was fine. he also took it for a test drive and agreed the A/C sucked but didn't know what else to do. He said he could order a part and try that(forgot what part he wanted to try) But we didn't want to hold up our vacation waiting for a part. Seems to be ok if it's not over 90, wonder if it's just undersized for fuel economy???? We even had our windows tinted to help it out. Are others having this issue too?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Hi Jim in Mich,

Despite the heat, I hope you had a great vacation! I encourage you to schedule an appointment with your local dealer now that you're back home. They are best able to diagnose it and might be able to determine what part your other dealer was going to replace. Let me know if I can help in any way!

~Natasha

Old 09-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
SEZino
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89485
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE Hatch SportPkg

FF Reputation: 1 SEZino Good Standing Member
I have 355km on my brand new Focus SE and I love the car, but I used the air conditioning last night with a car full of people and all of us thought something was wrong immediately. I just gave away a 2000 Toyota Camry (250k/km) that had a smoother sounding original compressor.

Anyway, does someone else get an extremely loud ticking or a shutter sound like playing cards in bicycle spokes? I'm not sure I should wait until my first 5000km oil change to tell the dealer

Advice/Input anyone?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
sbceleste
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85921
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 sbceleste Good Standing Member
2012 A/C blows warm air

I have had similar issues with mine and it is in the dealership right now. They said they cannot find a problem. it is an intermittant problem and fortunately, it acted up when I took it in this morning. Seems like it happens at long stop lights or in parking lots if I sit for more than a minute. Most of the time I can sit in a parking lot with it running and it will be ice cold in there for as long as I want. But lately, sometimes it seems like someone turned off the A/C button and it starts to feel like a sauna in there. I have noticed it more now that the temps are in the 80's and humid. It worked great the 1st few months when it was in the high 90's every day, never had a problem. Anyway, the dealer saw it happen this morning but now they cannot get it to repeat the problem so they cannot fix. They said no one else has complained about it but I can't believe that.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbceleste View Post
I have had similar issues with mine and it is in the dealership right now. They said they cannot find a problem. it is an intermittant problem and fortunately, it acted up when I took it in this morning. Seems like it happens at long stop lights or in parking lots if I sit for more than a minute. Most of the time I can sit in a parking lot with it running and it will be ice cold in there for as long as I want. But lately, sometimes it seems like someone turned off the A/C button and it starts to feel like a sauna in there. I have noticed it more now that the temps are in the 80's and humid. It worked great the 1st few months when it was in the high 90's every day, never had a problem. Anyway, the dealer saw it happen this morning but now they cannot get it to repeat the problem so they cannot fix. They said no one else has complained about it but I can't believe that.
Mine has been doing the exact same thing all summer. Here is the scenario I sent to Ford without a response or fix:

Driving an hour this morning in 81 degrees and humid. ATC set on 70 degrees. A/C works until I start slowing down and stopped at red lights. Also, sometimes when driving highway speeds and there isn't much demand on the system. System starts putting out humid air as usual for minutes at a time, then goes back to normal. The condenser has to be freezing up or something.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #10
Jim in Mich
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88682
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Jim in Mich Good Standing Member
I have about another 800 miles to put on till I get 5000 mi and bring it in for the first oil change. Hope they can find something but I have my doubts. I did notice the other day when it was about 55* out and I shut off the A/C and just used outside air that it seemed pretty warm, maybe the cold/hot air mixer lets warm air in even if the control is set to full cold. Sure hope they can fix it, it will be the 2nd time it's been in for it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks