russ... - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #61
jakebrewer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80618
What I Drive: 2003 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 6 jakebrewer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGR Suspension View Post
I've become much much more than just a distributor. Sure I could import and resell, but that gets boring. I brought about new kits and revisions that were never considered. Example; a one price true coilover for a 350z. Or, the Track+ coilover Do miatas that came from a collaboration coming a few minds.

I've always been a tinkerer. Nothing is ever good enough. You guts that bought suspensions from me, h&r, eibach, etc. You too thought the guys at Ford didn't do it right, or it was too generalized for the masses. I thought the same and I set a plan in motion to bring DGR up a level or two.

I'm bringing forward a new, third shock to the DGR line. I brought the camber plate to the focus kit. I brought pillowball upper mounts to the miata kit.

I am now directly tied to the R&D dept at the factory. So I do far more than bringing a brand. So much that even the basement at my house is littered with shocks, springs, blank mounting plates, a cnc machine with raw billet close by. I get yelled at constantly at 3am for pulling the trigger on my impact gun in the house.

I put my cars on real race cars and collect data. I'm soon going to be working with a company in TX to perfect the BMW kit. We will have cameras recording suspension movement, data to capture usable travel, etc. That will go back to R&D to make sure we re-release a BMW kit that is worth every penny and functions like a kit costing twice as much. Not having g to ideas much of a budget on suspension leaves more room for other improvement, which in turn makes a more competitive vehicle.

Does that answer your question?
Not trying to tell you how to run "your" business, but maybe if you spent less time trying to do the factory's job before you have your distribution job set, you wouldn't have as many issues as you have. For being a basically brand new vendor for at least our community, you are really off to a terrible start, and its all due to your poor customer service alone. It is really sad that it has gone this way as things looked great to start. I was considering buying DGR but went with Ksport after seeing countless threads, like this one, where people have had to publicly call you out to just get a response.

Yea, you're one guy, but as such you should know what you can handle. "I've become much much more than just a distributor. Sure I could import and resell, but that gets boring."

Boring or not, if you can't get that done properly, why even try getting in to R&D or w/e it is that you say you do.

Customers are number one, with out them you have no business. You should try to ensure you still have a business before trying to expand. I know from seeing how you have dealt with people you have lost mine and others business before you even had it.

Just some food for thought, take it or leave it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #62
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGR Suspension View Post
Thanks for emailing those payment dates! HUGE help! Ill get that over ASAP!

Still haven't seen the refund yet. Hope this doesn't take to much longer. I really need the money for some medical stuff now.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #63
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COSVT03 View Post
Glad it was taken care of!

I would just like to say that I just tried to send something to a military base. What a royal PITA, and it was NO LESS than $200. (~$220)
Then you have a piss poor post office. Shipping to a military base is no different than shipping to any other location in the world. I have been doing it for more than 23 years. hell I can do it online at www.usps.gov all day long.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers
Old 07-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #64
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKonaZX3 View Post
Still haven't seen the refund yet. Hope this doesn't take to much longer. I really need the money for some medical stuff now.
Happy to say Russ got my money refunded in full. Thanks Russ. Hopefully everyone will be squared up soon and with some work Russ can get things back to the level when he first started. I am not turned off of DGR but with things in my life a little rough now and his growing pains it was best for me to take a step back. I will watch and if things work out I may revisit DGR in the future.

Thanks Russ.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 07-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #65
Armen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88098
What I Drive: 2012 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 Armen Good Standing Member
Well this was an interesting thread.

Any word on how the DGR's are doing on the 2012 Focus?
Old 07-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #66
DGR Suspension
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83236
What I Drive: 1993 Mazda Miata

FF Reputation: 2 DGR Suspension Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen View Post
Well this was an interesting thread.

Any word on how the DGR's are doing on the 2012 Focus?
Indeed!

The 2012 Focus - i have a few kits out there, purchased directly off my site. No promo codes were used, so I don't think they were forum guys. The same kit is used on the Gen2 Mazda3, only different rear springs 4 vs 6k. Judging by feedback from 00-up owners, mazda3 owners, the kits ride well. No complaints.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #67
Armen
Focus Enthusiast

Russ, can you tell me what the adjustable range is for these coilovers? Like, can it be raised back up to stock height (for the winter months up here)?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #68
DGR Suspension
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen View Post
Russ, can you tell me what the adjustable range is for these coilovers? Like, can it be raised back up to stock height (for the winter months up here)?
Measuring a gen1 & gen2 mazda3, stock ride CAN be achieved. Even slightly higher. I put the maximum droop height and zero preload in place and was at stock height. If I would've added in preload to counter natural sag on the spring (sag - full height vs compressed under vehicle weight), I could easily add 1"+ to height over OEM.

As far as drop, wife wouldn't let me slam her car, but you can tuck tire. Not a ton, but I tucked maybe 1/2". Right now, I'm at one finger gap fender to tire.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #69
Armen
Focus Enthusiast

Ya, I'm not looking to tuck the tire. Just a nice drop to take the gap away (plan on installing 18" wheels). But I will need to raise the car in the winter because I don't want to plow snow.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #70
DGR Suspension
Focus Enthusiast

Then I have the range you desire!! ;-)

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->