russ... - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #31
DGR Suspension
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83236
What I Drive: 1993 Mazda Miata

FF Reputation: 2 DGR Suspension Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
P.s. showing online - I might not really be. I use tapatalk, which never signs you out unless you physically disconnect. I also never close my browser or shut down my computer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #32
jakebrewer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80618
What I Drive: 2003 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 6 jakebrewer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGR Suspension View Post
This will free me up to build and work on product development.
How does a distributor "build and work on product development"?
Old 07-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #33
SVTRSST
70 100 70 70 : (

Fan#: 50439
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 16 SVTRSST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
quick question, im a paranoid guy so gotta ask this, how many sets have you sold russell? seriously give me a number, because i kinda want to jump on this but like you know i talked directly with the taiwan sellers of dgr and they said they just offer 1 year of warranty, but you are offering lifetime, if you have sold more than 200 setups, thats already 800 shocks that in 1 year wont have warranty from DGR, if all of them blow (worst scenario) are you really going to be able to handle it? because even if you got them for like 500, thats 100k USD and being one man company who hasnt been able to hire another person to handle all this, im scared about buying your product.

i know there are grammar errors didnt take anytime to check
Old 07-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #34
DGR Suspension
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrewer View Post
How does a distributor "build and work on product development"?
I've become much much more than just a distributor. Sure I could import and resell, but that gets boring. I brought about new kits and revisions that were never considered. Example; a one price true coilover for a 350z. Or, the Track+ coilover Do miatas that came from a collaboration coming a few minds.

I've always been a tinkerer. Nothing is ever good enough. You guts that bought suspensions from me, h&r, eibach, etc. You too thought the guys at Ford didn't do it right, or it was too generalized for the masses. I thought the same and I set a plan in motion to bring DGR up a level or two.

I'm bringing forward a new, third shock to the DGR line. I brought the camber plate to the focus kit. I brought pillowball upper mounts to the miata kit.

I am now directly tied to the R&D dept at the factory. So I do far more than bringing a brand. So much that even the basement at my house is littered with shocks, springs, blank mounting plates, a cnc machine with raw billet close by. I get yelled at constantly at 3am for pulling the trigger on my impact gun in the house.

I put my cars on real race cars and collect data. I'm soon going to be working with a company in TX to perfect the BMW kit. We will have cameras recording suspension movement, data to capture usable travel, etc. That will go back to R&D to make sure we re-release a BMW kit that is worth every penny and functions like a kit costing twice as much. Not having g to ideas much of a budget on suspension leaves more room for other improvement, which in turn makes a more competitive vehicle.

Does that answer your question?
Old 07-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #35
DGR Suspension
Focus Enthusiast

383 kits, single handed in 7 months. I've replaced three shocks. As the largest distributor for the factory, they have my back! I have the north American continent, so if you buy from the UK, you get DGRs base warranty and a kit not to my specs.

edit: additions:
My reason for not hiring, I just haven't found the right guy til recent; I knew who I wanted, but I had to pull him away and be tactful. I don't want to hand this over to just anyone. The guy coming on board is awesome...he builds relationships with people and fights to take care of someone.

Some of you guys may think its easy to just hire anyone off the street just to do "x" job, but when its your company; its a little different. I have a different perspective on that. Also, Just the back end paperwork stuff associated, making sure I gmgave all the labor laws, etc. Its just not What you think. Its more than providing a desk and cutting a check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRSST View Post
quick question, im a paranoid guy so gotta ask this, how many sets have you sold russell? seriously give me a number, because i kinda want to jump on this but like you know i talked directly with the taiwan sellers of dgr and they said they just offer 1 year of warranty, but you are offering lifetime, if you have sold more than 200 setups, thats already 800 shocks that in 1 year wont have warranty from DGR, if all of them blow (worst scenario) are you really going to be able to handle it? because even if you got them for like 500, thats 100k USD and being one man company who hasnt been able to hire another person to handle all this, im scared about buying your product.

i know there are grammar errors didnt take anytime to check
Old 07-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #36
SVTRSST
70 100 70 70 : (

Fan#: 50439
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 16 SVTRSST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGR Suspension View Post
383 kits, single handed in 7 months. I've replaced three shocks. As the largest distributor for the factory, they have my back! I have the north American continent, so if you buy from the UK, you get DGRs base warranty and a kit not to my specs.
383, thats a good amount, but actually the bigger the sales the more you should be concerned, if 1/4 of all those shocks fail tomorrow what will you do? the taiwan guys DO NOT have your back, dont trust them like that, they didnt sign an agreement and everything is based on words. Or did they said they would give you 5 years of warranty instead of 1?, thats 5X, you are offering infiniteX
Old 07-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #37
DGR Suspension
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRSST View Post
383, thats a good amount, but actually the bigger the sales the more you should be concerned, if 1/4 of all those shocks fail tomorrow what will you do? the taiwan guys DO NOT have your back, dont trust them like that, they didnt sign an agreement and everything is based on words. Or did they said they would give you 5 years of warranty instead of 1?, thats 5X, you are offering infiniteX
I had all of this set in place long before. Contractual obligations, etc. Once I have my new guy in place, shock rebuilds and building will be able to happen here, so that wont be an issue. Like I said, I'm more than just a distribution center for the factory!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:44 AM   #38
phatcity
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71007
What I Drive: Basic transportation

FF Reputation: 5 phatcity Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I'm not going to make any plans with DGR. I have heard one song and dance before and now this one. It is too bad buying and reselling bores you. Your disinterest has been pretty obvious. As to this new guy who is supposed to do everything you don't, he better be the man you aren't. If it all works out, excellent. If problems persist, there will be no more room for me for any more excuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcatn2o View Post
You got walked because you don't have enough mods.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #39
DGR Suspension
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcity View Post
I'm not going to make any plans with DGR. I have heard one song and dance before and now this one. It is too bad buying and reselling bores you. Your disinterest has been pretty obvious. As to this new guy who is supposed to do everything you don't, he better be the man you aren't. If it all works out, excellent. If problems persist, there will be no more room for me for any more excuses.
How do you figure selling bores me? 5 minutes on the phone with me would have you thinking otherwise. I love talking about the line-up and about setting it up.

Its not a problem of boredom, believe me...
Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #40
Yocrew
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 54713
What I Drive: 02RedSVT #306

FF Reputation: 19 Yocrew Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Some people will always complain and be nothing but complainers. Even if they have only read and never had a real problem with you, they'll follow someone else who has. It's never too late to turn yourself in the right direction.

Bookmarks & Social Networks