Joining the Army - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Military Fanatics

Military Fanatics A place dedicated to our members in uniform. Here you can hang out, share stories as well as keep us updated with day-to-day activities.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #11
PumkinSvt
Dat Bewst Life!!

Fan#: 46561
What I Drive: 10 Forte DD,Comp SVTF

FF Reputation: 28 PumkinSvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (32)
Good Luck Russ!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #12
alwalk3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84466
What I Drive: 2011 Sangria Red Metallic SES

FF Reputation: 1 alwalk3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by russmistro View Post
So I took my asvab on Wednesday. I scored a 72 which I was told was a good score. I felt bad bc the girl that went with us to take her 2nd asvab didn't pass. Oh and some more good news for me is that I will go into basic as E3 bc of my college credits so I'm excited about that. I guess next thing to do is the physical part of the testing then pick my MOS?
Thats good man! Especially starting off an E-3, more money Is always better. Yeah, next you will scheduled to go back to MEPS for an ALL DAY physical. Starting early In the morning to around after lunch time. It sucks, but at least you only do It once. Youll do eye tests, piss tests, booty checked, height and weight, go thru a series of weird things like the duck walk.. It will be a long day, than when you finish all that, you will talk to a counselor about your MOS. Good luck.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #13
russmistro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76170
What I Drive: 2007 focus st w/SAP

FF Reputation: 1 russmistro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sound like fun. Will it just be me going by myself or will there be a big group of ppl goin to MEPS that day?

And thanks Josh!
Team duratec #60
Sedan revolution #107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
oh but my was she hungry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
white. or i will smack you in the cock.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #14
Serenity181
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85053
What I Drive: 2003, Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Serenity181 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I was a 94R, then went to airborne school, the air assault school. Then Over seas 5 different times, Got SsGT in an impressive 4 years finished college went to OCS, got my butter bar and then got medically discharged for wounded in action. Best choice of my life so far was joining the military. Great benefits free college and great discipline and training. Plus get to see and do things most people cant even think of.

Best of luck.

If I have been helpful or you are feeling kind please leave me some rep! Much Appreciated
Old 07-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #15
alwalk3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84466
What I Drive: 2011 Sangria Red Metallic SES

FF Reputation: 1 alwalk3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by russmistro View Post
Sound like fun. Will it just be me going by myself or will there be a big group of ppl goin to MEPS that day?

And thanks Josh!
There will be a big group of you going thru the whole process.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #16
12_T_Hatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87898
What I Drive: 12, White Platinum Metallic, Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 12_T_Hatch Good Standing Member
Congratulations man! Its a big decision, though it sounds like you have put a lot of thought into it. My MOS was a 96B, which about three years ago was switched over to 35F or All-Source Intelligence Analyst. I am not going to speak one way or the other about what job you pick, however make sure its something that makes you marketable when you are a civilian. Also, make sure that you continue your education as soon as possible. I kept postponing mine, then I got injured during my last deployment and my dreams of getting 20+ years out of the Army and a four year degree were cut short when I was given a medical discharge. Lastly, make sure you give it a few years after you join before you decide whether or not you like it. As you get used to the service and get more rank/respect life does get easier. TRUST ME!

Cognrats again and good luck brother! HOOAH!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:02 AM   #17
mildc3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76504
What I Drive: 2007 blue sedan

FF Reputation: 1 mildc3 Good Standing Member
welcome to THE MEATGRINDER !
Old 07-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #18
gonefhsn
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!

Fan#: 45759
What I Drive: 13 Tangerine Scream ST2,12 RAM 2500

FF Reputation: 21 gonefhsn Great Standing Member
Congrats Russ.......I am a 91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic. Granted I dont do alot of wrenching any more mostly paperwork ow that I am a SFC. But Basic is what you make of it, there are challenging times and good times. Go in with the mind set "I can do this" and you will be fine.

I can see your point on SF, but look at it this way "What am I going to do when I get out?" When I first joined I wanted to be Airborne and Ranger but my father asked me that same question. I was like good point guess I could advertise in "Soldier of Fortune".

FFMODERATOR

Old 07-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #19
lscrx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41668
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE hatch 5mt

FF Reputation: 2 lscrx Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwalk3 View Post
Im 31B Military Police, and just graduated Basic and AIT Feb. of this year. Now stationed In Germany. Anyways, basic wasnt all that hard, nor was It all that easy. Im sure you've heard about the phases, red/white/blue. Ill break It down how my basic was. Red phase does suck, constant yelling for the dumbest shit ever. Start to memorize the soldiers creed before you go. White phase Is when things got a bit more fun since It was weapons qualifications the whole time, and blue phase was mainly cleaning your CIF gear and your final Inspection by your BC.

Go In there thinking Its hard as shit, so that you notice It wasnt that bad. Just remember, the drills are just doing their job. You will see them open up to you and see the real them when they sit you down and ACTUALLY talk to you. PT Is no joke, I suggest getting Into shape for It. Just dont go In their weak minded, other wise you will end up like quite a few people crying and shit asking to go back home, which they do... If you got any more questions, PM me or post It on here. I still do remember a lot from basic.
where are you stationed in Germany? I'm a 25F (switching system operator) and you may want to reconsider SF for now. Once you get to your first duty station you can apply for selection to go SF if you still want to. That way you're not stuck being infantry if you don't make it.

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 07-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #20
Lil_RedZX3
Mtn. Dew

Fan#: 101
What I Drive: 2013 Taffeta White Civic Si

FF Reputation: 45 Lil_RedZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscrx View Post
where are you stationed in Germany? I'm a 25F (switching system operator) and you may want to reconsider SF for now. Once you get to your first duty station you can apply for selection to go SF if you still want to. That way you're not stuck being infantry if you don't make it.

Posted via FF Mobile

I'm also a 25F.

The biggest thing you can do now is prepare physically for basic. The better shape you're in, the easier it will be. Also you need to know what your GT score is. Your actual asvab score doesn't matter much. If your GT score is 110 or above you can do most any job in the army.

Bookmarks & Social Networks