May be Moving to Abilene.... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
AdmiralZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72045
What I Drive: '10 Black Titan ret. '03 LG ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 AdmiralZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
May be Moving to Abilene....

So I may be moving to Abilene, but not for maybe a year (wife is in the AirForce). What is there to do around Abilene? Im from Houston but never been to Abilene. Is it a big town, obviously not as big as San Antonio, Dallas, or Houston, but maybe as big as Austin? I dont know thats why Im asking. Is it a fun place with lots to do, espically with a 1 yr. (old when we get there), or will we have to dirve a ways to do things?

Just whats all there?

Thanks!

Hatch Nation #107 Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_HT View Post
I'm from europe, land where having sex with strangers is like having a cup of coffee in the morning ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Tom-E09
Pimp'n ain't easy

Fan#: 59383
What I Drive: 2002 Gray ZTS

FF Reputation: 2 Tom-E09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Haha honestly there isnt all that much. I mean we have parks a zoo a couple of lakes that I wouldn't be surprised are dry right now. But if you know people you can find fun. Also for focus wise. We have a few modded ones and a couple of guys who aren't too active on the forums. But i might still be here. Idk yet as I just talked to a recruiter yesterday. I take it she is getting stationed at dyess
Sedan Revolution #138SR Town Drunk
Team Dreamspeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazimusZX4ST View Post
I come speeding along and they think I'm all "lets run" when in reality its "MOVE YOU POS, IT'S BURRITO TIME!"
God I love burritos.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
TXFocus210
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79087
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE 5spd, 98 240sx(kouki)

FF Reputation: 1 TXFocus210 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
If you are moving to Abilene I suggest you start to like football...They have a lot of good teams to support there. especially at the High school level...In Texas that is all that matters (To me anyways)
Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #4
Tom-E09
Pimp'n ain't easy

But then again I have lived here for 16 years. But I could think of a few things your family would have fun doing

Lol yeah HS football shuts the town down. Especially When the 2 highschool teams play eachother. If you have any questions or want pics of the base housing let me know ( I have access)
Team Dreamspeed
Quote:
I come speeding along and they think I'm all "lets run" when in reality its "MOVE YOU POS, IT'S BURRITO TIME!"
God I love burritos.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
AdmiralZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72045
What I Drive: '10 Black Titan ret. '03 LG ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 AdmiralZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Well, we are gonna put Dyess on the dream sheet, we really want to get to lackland because that is 3 hrs from houston where we are from, but Dyess is a real possibility.

Dont have to tell me twice about football, im a fan, but more of a baseball fan. Are there any adult baseball leagues in the area or softball?

We like really like to stay busy, movies, we go out to eat a lot. Its hard to say what we like. Being from Houston, there is loads of stuff to do, same in SA.

I hear about Abilene in country songs and seems like a really small town with tumbleweeds and a flashing yellow light in the center of town.
Hatch Nation #107 Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_HT View Post
I'm from europe, land where having sex with strangers is like having a cup of coffee in the morning ;)
Old 07-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
Tom-E09
Pimp'n ain't easy

Haha it's not that small. Actually the traffic lights piss me off. We got plenty of mom and pop places to eat. Heck I work at a mom and pop steak house. We have plenty of theaters too. Oh and the car scene on the weekends is funny to watch. Bunch oh rice. As for tumbleweeds I have seen my fair share crossing the highway lol
Team Dreamspeed
Quote:
God I love burritos.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #7
mdgonzo101
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2742
What I Drive: 2002 black zx3

FF Reputation: 13 mdgonzo101 Great Standing Member
I hated every minute of the 5 and a half years of being stationed there, but despite hating being there I had many, many, many absolutely fun times with my friends while I was there. Ahhhh...does anyone remember Chelsea's Street and Pub while we had it?! You wouldn't believe the amount of fun I had there!!!

Food: Alfredo's carne asada burrito....awesome.
Food: La Popular's carne guisada burrito....totally awesome!
Clubs: They suck....so drink plenty of alcohol while you are in there to get going!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:46 AM   #8
Tom-E09
Pimp'n ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgonzo101 View Post
I hated every minute of the 5 and a half years of being stationed there, but despite hating being there I had many, many, many absolutely fun times with my friends while I was there. Ahhhh...does anyone remember Chelsea's Street and Pub while we had it?! You wouldn't believe the amount of fun I had there!!!

Food: Alfredo's carne asada burrito....awesome.
Food: La Popular's carne guisada burrito....totally awesome!
Clubs: They suck....so drink plenty of alcohol while you are in there to get going!

Chelseas Pub is still here. Alfredos has a stand on TX ave ( right by the car wash and 2 mins away fromt he gate of base if that) and Yes drink at the "clubs" they suck although with the right people can be fun as hell

When were yuo stationed at dyess?
Team Dreamspeed
Quote:
God I love burritos.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
mdgonzo101
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2742
What I Drive: 2002 black zx3

FF Reputation: 13 mdgonzo101 Great Standing Member
I was there from '97 to '03. We had lost Chelsea's in I believe '01 or '02 due to financial irresponsibility. For some reason I think they were losing money. Which is crazy cuz I rolled 10 deep and each of our tabs were in the neighborhood of 100 bucks. And that was just my crew...imagine all the other folks and add that up! It was in the mall and it never reopened while I was there.

If you ever run into a beautiful, young, don't need make-up mexican named Dawn at one of the clubs....tell her Mike Gonzales says Hello! Muahahaha!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
Tom-E09
Pimp'n ain't easy

Lol. Yeah I think Chelseas pub opened back up in 07 I think and are doing fine.

Mike, I'll keep an eye out for her for you
Team Dreamspeed
Quote:
God I love burritos.

Bookmarks & Social Networks