How to remove 2008 Ford Focus Radio - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #31
pbrennan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 81198
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 pbrennan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
also, will pulling off the cover where the airbag is cause any problems with the airbag or cause it to deploy? I see in previous years, "how to's" will tell you to disconnect the battery to prevent the airbag from going off. is this something I should worry about??

thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #32
UFC205
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84541
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 UFC205 Good Standing Member
Hey guys so is it possible to use the stock head unit and just connect an amp and subs to it? Or will i need to replace the headunit if I want to use my sub and amp? Thanks in advance guys!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:43 AM   #33
UFC205
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84541
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 UFC205 Good Standing Member
anyone?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #34
Gazookz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82103
What I Drive: 2011 Metallic Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 5 Gazookz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC205 View Post
Hey guys so is it possible to use the stock head unit and just connect an amp and subs to it? Or will i need to replace the headunit if I want to use my sub and amp? Thanks in advance guys!
yeah it's possible...I have that done on my '11 Focus SE. I just used a LOC(Line-Out Converter) to get the RCA's and then put a switch on a 12V+ source to get the remote for the amp...pretty simple once you removed the dash and it works great! I suggest getting something to boost the voltage output level for the RCA's...i used an equalizer that gives 7 volt rca output. good luck
Old 04-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #35
pbrennan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 81198
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 pbrennan Good Standing Member
dash

This thread helped answer a lot of questions. I just finished painting my radio bezel and other dash pieces with blue airbrushed flames. After i used about 7 coats of clear top coat, it was ready to go back on. Before it went back on though, i connected speaker wire and a remote wire (for my future stereo) to the factory head unit and wire harness. Instead of cutting and splicing the wires for the harness (which you want to avoid), i used a splitter and sodering gun to attach the speaker wire. I went straight to the speaker wires instead of an LOC because sometimes the LOC gives a choppy signal and has sound interference. I used this site to find the 12v power wire going to the head unit, and used that for my remote wire to the amp.

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2011-for...iring-diagram/
I hope this helps someone else looking to do this in the future!

Happy modding!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #36
blackbumpinfocus93
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80510
What I Drive: 2009 Black SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 blackbumpinfocus93 Good Standing Member
ok guys so ive been reading this thread and i have 2 12" subs and a 1000Watt kenwood amp and i kept my stock headunit because i heard that if you get a new headunit then you lose sync which i do NOT want to do. so if i get an aftermarket headunit and that double din panel listed above, what will the screen on top of my dash display? will it still work? if so what will it show?
Team Duratec #61
Sedan Revolution #134
2008+ SES #017
"Doing a drag race in an automatic is like running a 100M sprint in your wellies, full of tadpoles."- Jeremy Clarkson
Old 06-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #37
Paul V
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 63795
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Paul V Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^ the screen will read dvd if you have an aftermarket deck.you can unplug the top factory screen if you want tho.I wish I would have had all this info when I put my 2 amps and subs and aftermarket speakers to my factory deck, a month after I got my car (mar 08) lol. overall tho its not too difficult if you have knowledge of car stereo.if it seems too intimidating to pull out the factory deck just splice into the rear speakers factory wire with your own speaker wire from under the door sills ,then run the wire to your line out converter, and put the line out converter where ever you want.under the back seat is a good place BTW.
Team Duratec #12

Last edited by Paul V; 06-30-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #38
09FFC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85454
What I Drive: 2009 Coupe SES Silver

FF Reputation: 1 09FFC Good Standing Member
Does anyone have a picture of the back of a non-premium 08-11 radio? I want to see if the subwoofer plug is actually there or not.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #39
Stangbanger242
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68740
Location: Bolingbrook (and sometimes Hamilton,ont,Canada), IL
What I Drive: 09 Black SES MTX

FF Reputation: 3 Stangbanger242 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09FFC View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the back of a non-premium 08-11 radio? I want to see if the subwoofer plug is actually there or not.

Thanks!
The factory radios that do not have factory subs won't have a connector for the subwoofer harness.
SES#010
HAVE: '09 SES MTX W/ FSWerks CAI, FSW 4-1 header, Crower Stg 1, 1.5" FRPP drop, Massive Toe arms, EBC slotted rotors + green pads.
WANTS: FSW Stealth exhaust, Tune, (possibly) Turbo
Old 08-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #40
cb06tu
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88647
What I Drive: 2008 Black Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 cb06tu Good Standing Member
Thanks

Thanks for the post, it helped me a lot. I had my stereo replaced and the moron forgot to plug in one of the power outlets when he put it back together. I pulled it apart like you explained, and there it was, hanging unplugged. Thanks for the info and detailed pics!

P.s. if anyone ever loses thier AUX ability, I had that happen, and the computer just needed to be reset.

-Cheers

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.