POLL: Most Common Color Picked - 2012 Focus - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: What color Focus did you order?
Red Candy 23 9.24%
Kona Blue 20 8.03%
Blue Candy 25 10.04%
Yellow Blaze 11 4.42%
Race Red 9 3.61%
Frosted Glass 11 4.42%
White Platinum Tri-Coat 32 12.85%
Sterling Gray 61 24.50%
Tuxedo Black 30 12.05%
Ingot Silver 27 10.84%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 11:37 PM   #71
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
I saw the red candy in person, it is a pretty dark red/maroon but I kind of liked it. Of course this was the older paint code that is no longer available, supposedly the new one is close enough that they can keep the name of it the same and just change the paint code number.
I think any red is bad luck for me. I've had three red Focuses so far. And with each, something's happen to each of them (out of 3 incidents, 2 times I wasn't even in the car... it was parked, and something still managed to happen to them!)

So, as bad as this sounds, I'm not getting another red car for a while. As it stands right now, a blue colored car is I think the way I'm heading.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2011, 12:03 AM   #72
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87092
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 fla2smoker Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
I think any red is bad luck for me. I've had three red Focuses so far. And with each, something's happen to each of them (out of 3 incidents, 2 times I wasn't even in the car... it was parked, and something still managed to happen to them!)

So, as bad as this sounds, I'm not getting another red car for a while. As it stands right now, a blue colored car is I think the way I'm heading.
That's funny that you mention that. I have owned three red vehicles over the past twenty five years. Including my current Acura TL and they have all been damaged while parked.
I have owned two blue vehicles, one rolled over in an accident when someone ran a red light and the other someone hit me head on.
My safe colors are white and black! Since I wanted the Tuscanny interior and don't care for gray, I went black this time.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #73
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Not to mention, out of all vehicles I've had (of various colors) the red ones were the biggest PITAs to get painted. Most of them took two runs to get the color right(to match the rest of the car--of course I was later told that reds are hard to match when doing body work).

Point being, no more red cars for me, unless of course the dealer gives me one heck of a deal on one.

And for those who think red is more visible... it may be during the day, but what I've found is at night, it doesn't matter what color your car is... most people aren't paying attention anyway if they hit you. The reason for an accidently is usually that people weren't paying attention... My dad thinks that red cars are easier to see at night. I don't quite think so... and I have had 2 red cars to prove his theory sort of wrong.

They stand out well during the day, but at night when there is no light hitting the car, from a distances you can't really tell red from dark red, from other colors. All you see is a car in many cases (especially around here where on country roads it's pretty dark).

Old 07-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #74
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

My first red car was a 69 bug that I built from the ground up in the late eighties. I went to see National Lampoons Christmas Vacation at a local mall and when I came out the entire rear end of my car was a foot shorter. Some drunk girl in a CRX decided to cut through the parking lot and didn't make it too far. My second was a Eunos Roadster in Japan ( Miata ). I was parked in a parking garage above a supermarket and someone decided to try and drift their car through the parking garage. The front end of my car was about thirty feet away from my parking spot. My Acura has bumps and bruises from airport parking lots. I just don't understand how you can be so careless with your luggage that you hit someone's car, make a dent and don't give a crap. My company pays for the damage but that eats into our bottom line. People today are just so careless and have the "it wasn't me" attitude. Enough of my ranting, I wanted a red car again but my wife said I had a bad omen with red vehicles. She told me to buy something silver, but that just reminds me of my hair color. I am going black.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:24 AM   #75
voip-ninja
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87642
What I Drive: 2004 Audi A4 Quattro

FF Reputation: 1 voip-ninja Good Standing Member
Hah. You guys are making me second guess my choice for candy red. I have never owned a red car, thought it would be fun. I have had two brown, three grey, one silver and one green.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:31 AM   #76
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
Hah. You guys are making me second guess my choice for candy red. I have never owned a red car, thought it would be fun. I have had two brown, three grey, one silver and one green.
Everyone's luck is different. Or maybe it's karma, pick what you like and you will be happy. I loved those red cars and have fonder memories than all of the other colors combined..
The damned wife stopped this one though. Maybe I will buy a red ST in a year or two.......
I think it is jealousy!
Hmm now that I look at some of the latest dents they look mysteriously like some of her shoes.....
Anyway, if you want red do it!

Old 07-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #77
Hypnotoad
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85864
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 3 Hypnotoad Good Standing Member
Is Sterling Gray really twice as popular as the next highest? I don't see that many on the car lots (or maybe the get sold quickly).

Old 07-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #78
Furkmyster
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87095
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Ti Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Furkmyster Good Standing Member
I have got Yellow Blaze and it won't let me vote to double our total so far ...

Old 07-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #79
eric8784
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86785
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 eric8784 Good Standing Member
Tuxedo Black Metallic!

Old 07-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #80
Resoman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87499
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Resoman Good Standing Member
Yellow blaze?

I just ordered a Yellow Blaze Titanium, the rarest color of all, apparently!

Gary

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks