POLL: Most Common Color Picked - 2012 Focus - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: What color Focus did you order?
Red Candy 23 9.24%
Kona Blue 20 8.03%
Blue Candy 25 10.04%
Yellow Blaze 11 4.42%
Race Red 9 3.61%
Frosted Glass 11 4.42%
White Platinum Tri-Coat 32 12.85%
Sterling Gray 61 24.50%
Tuxedo Black 30 12.05%
Ingot Silver 27 10.84%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #51
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87092
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 fla2smoker Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
Thanks for the information. My wife was going back and forth between Kona Blue and Red Candy (if we ordered the TI, if we ordered an SEL she would probably want the race red).

Will be hard to spend the extra $$ on Red Candy when I don't know what the RZ paint code looks like compared to the U6 paint code.
According to Ford, it should be the same color that is currently used on the 2012 Mustang. It is called Red Candy Tint (RZ). You should verify with your dealer though.... The black that I ordered is the same as the Mustang Black (UA).

Looks like I am incorrect. The RZ will not be introduced on the Mustang until October:

http://www.donlen.com/fleet-manageme...uncements.aspx

Last edited by fla2smoker; 07-11-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Update information

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #52
voip-ninja
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87642
What I Drive: 2004 Audi A4 Quattro

FF Reputation: 1 voip-ninja Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla2smoker View Post
According to Ford, it should be the same color that is currently used on the 2012 Mustang. It is called Red Candy Tint (RZ). You should verify with your dealer though.... The black that I ordered is the same as the Mustang Black (UA).
Ya, I will have to talk to them. Honestly if I have to get red I would prefer the red candy (darker) to the race red as it looks a touch less "girly".

Old 07-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #53
fliu005
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86316
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

FF Reputation: 1 fliu005 Good Standing Member
I wanted the race red, but when I got to the dealership the red was sold. All there was left was oxford white and I needed the car that day. White works!

Old 07-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #54
MGDeftones
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86854
What I Drive: 2012 TI

FF Reputation: 1 MGDeftones Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla2smoker View Post
•Focus – Kona Blue (L6) converted to Sonic Blue (SN); Tuxedo Black (UH) to Black (UA) and Red Candy (U6) converted to Red Candy (RZ)
bummer. I wanted a black one but didn't like the tuxedo black up close. if they had a regular black, I would have gone for that.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #55
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDeftones View Post
bummer. I wanted a black one but didn't like the tuxedo black up close. if they had a regular black, I would have gone for that.
I read somewhere that Ford may be re-introducing the original colors in the fourth quarter as Merck KGaA is now back in full production of the pigment. So hopefully that makes my ebony black (UA) Ti rare! . I may have to keep my build sheet and window sticker to prove I did not paint it. . When I find that article from Ford I will post it.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #56
JasonM
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87568
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 JasonM Good Standing Member
I initially wanted tuxedo black or kona blue just by judging off the Ford website, leaning mainly toward kona blue. I didn't like the kona blue nearly as much in person but loved the tuxedo black. As everyone knows, though, it got discontinued for new orders. After a nationwide search for the exact car that I wanted with the options I wanted and no others, I found one a couple states a way. I flew to California two days ago and drove my tuxedo black Focus Titanium hatchback with MFT/nav, winter package, handling package back to Washington. It was entirely worth it. I didn't really like any of the other colors.

To summarize, my vote would be for tuxedo black above all others. I can't vote, though. :)

Old 07-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #57
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
I initially wanted tuxedo black or kona blue just by judging off the Ford website, leaning mainly toward kona blue. I didn't like the kona blue nearly as much in person but loved the tuxedo black. As everyone knows, though, it got discontinued for new orders. After a nationwide search for the exact car that I wanted with the options I wanted and no others, I found one a couple states a way. I flew to California two days ago and drove my tuxedo black Focus Titanium hatchback with MFT/nav, winter package, handling package back to Washington. It was entirely worth it. I didn't really like any of the other colors.

To summarize, my vote would be for tuxedo black above all others. I can't vote, though. :)
You are a lucky man. I wanted tuxedo black Ti with tuscanny, 401a, Parking package, winter package, sport package, nav, moonroof, and exterior protection package. It does not exist in the USA, so I had to order, then I found out tuxedo black is no longer available. I almost said heck with it and ordered a golf tdi with bi-xenons. I just could not forget how fun it was drive compared to the VW. Yes the torque was great but for the price of diesel I could not justify the cost and the 1% failure or TDI engines in the US due to impurities in the diesel fuel.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #58
JasonM
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87568
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 JasonM Good Standing Member
There were only three in the USA like I wanted, one of which was only about 30 miles from me when I started searching. I called them up and found out that it never touched the lot. Someone saw it on a truck and literally followed the truck to the dealership to buy it. There was the one that I bought in California and another in Indiana or something. I was just going to order until I found out that tuxedo black wasn't available, which got me going on the nationwide search. :)

Old 07-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #59
TMOTEE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85924
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 1 TMOTEE Good Standing Member
Can't vote yet but put me down for Sterling Grey ! Not my first choice...that was the White Platinum but I did not want to order and the Sterling Grey was on a truck to the dealer so I bought it before it arrived.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #60
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Thumbs up

It was down to Blue Candy and Yellow Blaze ... went with YB. Titanium w/ winterpackage and moon roof was just ordered. VIN will be posted when notified.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks