anyone around memphis? - Page 15 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: AL, TN, GA

Fanatics: AL, TN, GA Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #141
edingeek
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1152
What I Drive: 03 SVTf & 00 Xploder AWD 5.0

Points 2,011, Level 27
Points: 2,011, Level: 27 Points: 2,011, Level: 27 Points: 2,011, Level: 27
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 edingeek Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Anyways... I already had a borla cat back and 2.5" ORP, 42lb injectors, diablo MAFIa, steeda short throw shifter, aluminum throttlebody, FS engine bay stress bar, custom turbotom tune w/predator, steeda short ram intake, screamin demon w/live-wires, fc shorty antenna.

What Mike has done (and is doing) for me since I had it towed up to him:

Upgrades:

3" exhaust (all) and wrapped header (trubendz 304SS cat-back, 3" 304SS ORP, and 3" 304SS flex), all 3 poly motor mounts, massive comp engine bay and hatch stress bars, H&R sport cup kit, steeda 28.6mm rear sway bar, H&R 24mm front sway bar, custom tune by turbotom w/predator (updated for new additions), exhaust side cam gear, MSD coil pack and 8.5mm plug wires, centric premium rotors, hawk hp plus brake pads, russel 6pc stainless brake lines, cfm 2pc alum ud pulleys, aem cold air intake w/bypass filter, 180 degree tstat, cfm billet intake mani lever, DPIC and AF gauges in pillar pod, ford gt shift knob and stainless e-brake handle, carbon fiber fenders, carbon fiber invader hood, repaired the minor dings and dents, re-painted entire car (black), smoked side bumper lights, ford euro center grill, anthracite colored team dynamics pro race 1 light weight rims (just a hair over 17lbs each), falken tires, cfm black billet shorty antenna.

Fixes:
Replaced stock SVT front bumper (mine was damaged), replaced heater core (ex wife killed it), replaced windshield.

Left to-do:
Install the exhaust side cam gear, fine tune turbotom's tune with tom for new additions, paint.

A couple pix of the exhaust set-up (has changed a little for a cleaner look with the brackets/clamps and such, and added a moroso type resonator to tone down the sound which was WAY to loud lol) and rims are at: https://picasaweb.google.com/willgre.../2003SVTFocus#
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #142
black__zx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69209
What I Drive: 02 silver frost SVT

FF Reputation: 5 black__zx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
man sounds like your going to have one sweet ride when its all done i hope i can make it to ff so i can see this bad boy. seeing the pics makes me wish i would have went with 3" all the way instead of 2.5"
Old 07-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #143
edingeek
Focus Addict

Points 2,011, Level 27
Level Up 8% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by black__zx5 View Post
man sounds like your going to have one sweet ride when its all done i hope i can make it to ff so i can see this bad boy. seeing the pics makes me wish i would have went with 3" all the way instead of 2.5"
Thanks man!

As you can see I have a lot of stuff that I put on with turbo as my original goal (ie, the bigger injectors and 3" exhaust) lol.. But yeah, the trubendz is def a quality set up!

I'm just rdy to drive my car again! I have owned it since buying it new in 2003! :-)
Old 07-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #144
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,561, Level 98
Points: 27,561, Level: 98 Points: 27,561, Level: 98 Points: 27,561, Level: 98
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Women are terrible pets, and tend to always bite the hand. I hope you married upscale this time. Always get hooked up with one that makes more money than you do. Otherwise, you'll lose all yours.

That being said, I have to have some sort of caravan in case the wagon breaks down. My wife, my friends, my family, and her friends have seen fit to completely fill all my weekends so that I can't work on my car before FF. That means I have to make a 10 hr drive with little more than routine maintenance when I really need some serious suspension repair. It will probably make it though. I think I'm going to leave the door guards on the driver's side looking like they are falling off. Nobody will let me work on this thing unless I take days off work during the week, and I can't afford that.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:35 AM   #145
black__zx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69209
What I Drive: 02 silver frost SVT

FF Reputation: 5 black__zx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
^ sorry to hear that. What all do you need to do to your car? I've been spending a lot of time and money lately trying to get my car all up to par for a trip to orlando. I know how you feel about not having time I'm going to try and get my idler pulley put on tomorrow. Just don't feel like having to take the motor mount off to do it but its better than paying someone else to do it.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #146
edingeek
Focus Addict

Points 2,011, Level 27
Level Up 8% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Yeah... No time sucks... I'm trying to fix up my other house in Munford so I can sell the damn thing, trying to pimp up my yard at my new house in Atoka, finish my grad school work, and working full time, AND hitting up the gym regularly... Seems I have no time to enjoy myself or do much to any of my cars.. Plus, it's so damn hot out, wtf :-/
Old 07-12-2011, 06:26 AM   #147
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Points 27,561, Level 98
Level Up 22% Completed
Forum Activity 11%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by black__zx5 View Post
I know how you feel about not having time I'm going to try and get my idler pulley put on tomorrow. Just don't feel like having to take the motor mount off to do it but its better than paying someone else to do it.
Sway bar end links, possibly control arms because that's the easiest/least downtime method of replacing ball joints. I reallllllllly need springs, but I can drive it without that, and I'm still searching for what I want. I might end up with lowering springs + a lift cup if it's possible. I like my ride height, but want more handling at the sacrifice of ride quality.

Before the trip I need to change my belt, motor mounts, maybe trans mount, side bump guards, sunroof deflector, rear trim handle, and I think that's about it. I'd like to change out all my bushings, the poly kit has been in here forever.

Maybe we should all get together some weekend and repair/clean our vehicles wherever one of us has the most shade. LOL. I have mobile shade good enough for one vehicle. I bought it at Home Depot, then found Instant Canopies with roof vents for $50 online after I paid $100 for one without a vent.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #148
edingeek
Focus Addict

Points 2,011, Level 27
Level Up 8% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Looks like my SVT won't be rdy in time for ff... So looks like a no go for ff for me again this year.. Ugh.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #149
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Points 27,561, Level 98
Level Up 22% Completed
Forum Activity 11%
Yeah, I got issues too. My budget is rapidly diminishing. I'm still going though, but with clenched teeth and shaky hands because I don't know what's going to break on the way- if anything. I'm really worried about the rear wheel bearings, but don't know if I can order those right this minute anyway since I have SVT brakes and rear hubs are $120 ea.

Can I borrow your hubs

Quote:
Old 08-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #150
edingeek
Focus Addict

Points 2,011, Level 27
Level Up 8% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Sucks :-/

On a side note... Saw a 2004 sonic blue SVT being towed, poorly, with back passenger side damage and front end damage that looks to be caused from the tow truck.. This anyone's car??

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.