omg - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-29-2004, 08:53 PM   #11
sexy2002svt
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3468
What I Drive: JDM Mugen Turtle

FF Reputation: 4 sexy2002svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by itsalex17
oh yea he also tried telling me that with those mods his car was running 320hp, im sorry but with intake and exhaust i dont see how you can gain 60hp
LOL sounds exactly like this one guy i know.................good kill that guy needs to learn how to drive........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2004, 02:10 AM   #12
Demon4545
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15767
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Demon4545 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wow, he must really suck at driving. It takes a good driver, but those can be in the high 13s stock. One of his major advantages wasn't in play (launch, rwd live axle vs. fwd), but, near as I can tell, he still should have won from a roll...unless he wasn't shifting at the right point, or was really taking his time with it.

Good kill...bad drivers are fun to race.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:01 PM   #13
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Are u sure it was a real gt and he didnt just paste the gt emblem on his car
Old 11-30-2004, 06:59 PM   #14
wingnatic
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 4122
What I Drive: 2002 french blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 wingnatic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
As a mustang owner, I can honestly say I'm embarrassed for this individual. Not to take anything away from your victory, but did he have his stereo blasting? I've seen it a million times. Oh the power drain!!

I agree with svt medic, mustang's are geared crappy. I have an older(1989) GT and they came stock with a .273 rear end gear. The first upgrade I made was switching to a .373 rear. It helped the car's launch from a dead stop or roll significantly. I also think they guy you raced is adding up his mod horsepower as crank horsepower not rear wheel horsepower. Some dudes are so funny with that crap. They're always like "exhaust =30-50hp, throttle body= 20hp, cold air intake = 20-30hp, etc." That's like a 100hp!!! WOW!! Well, they say you can't put a price on knowledge, and you just educated his arse.

One more thing, was there a girl in the car with him? That would have been great. There's nothing better than beating a guy trying to impress his girl(i've been victimized too by a heavily modded grand national, but that's another story). Wait a minute, there is something better. Beating a guy trying to impress his girl and the girl girl keeps chirping on how it's gonna get served to you hard, that's much better.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:33 PM   #15
wingnatic
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 4122
What I Drive: 2002 french blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 wingnatic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
As a mustang owner, I can honestly say I'm embarrassed for this individual. Not to take anything away from your victory, but did he have his stereo blasting? I've seen it a million times. Oh the power drain!!

I agree with svt medic, mustang's are geared crappy. I have an older(1989) GT and they came stock with a .273 rear end gear. The first upgrade I made was switching to a .373 rear. It helped the car's launch from a dead stop or roll significantly. I also think they guy you raced is adding up his mod horsepower as crank horsepower not rear wheel horsepower. Some dudes are so funny with that crap. They're always like "exhaust =30-50hp, throttle body= 20hp, cold air intake = 20-30hp, etc." That's like a 100hp!!! WOW!! Well, they say you can't put a price on knowledge, and you just educated his arse.

One more thing, was there a girl in the car with him? That would have been great. There's nothing better than beating a guy trying to impress his girl(i've been victimized too by a heavily modded grand national, but that's another story). Wait a minute, there is something better. Beating a guy trying to impress his girl and the girl girl keeps chirping on how it's gonna get served to you hard, that's much better.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:50 AM   #16
itsalex17
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5579
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 itsalex17 Good Standing Member
this guy was just an idiot, and yes as sad as it was it was real gt, and unfortunately not his daddy's, he just needs to learn what hes talking about and how to drive, and well i don't see him getting a chick any time soon either.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:04 AM   #17
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by wingnatic

My wife actually did that to a local guy who thought he was cool in his riced out Stratus. Yeah, seriously, a riced out Stratus. Not even an R/T... Anyway, he kept annoying her so she burned him once on the street, and then he tried it again on the freeway onramp and just got destroyed. With his girlfriend right next to him. She was so proud, and I was so proud of her...

BTW, she was driving her VR6 GTI 5spd.

Bookmarks & Social Networks