The 2012 Window Tint Thread - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #121
Gabe2010SE
Focus Enthusiast
 
Gabe2010SE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Fan#: 70327
Location: Stoneham, MA
What I Drive: '13 Mustang 5.0L 6spd, '10 Focus SE

Posts: 495
FF Reputation: 2 Gabe2010SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by safetyguy14 View Post
Mine came off in one piece and I'd be willing to let go of it. Send me a PM.
PM sent
__________________
'13 Mustang GT SterlingGray, 6-spd man, Recaros, Track Pack. Ordered 6.6.12, born 7.25.12, mine 8.11.12. 2.3L Whipple & a few other things. 591 RWHP, 505 RWTQ
Gabe2010SE is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #122
KOBasinger
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 87185
Location: Fairfield, OH
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 56
FF Reputation: 1 KOBasinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMOTEE View Post
I am in Ohio as well and I just had my windows tinted. Was planning on 50% front but the salesperson said no one ever gets the 50% so I went with 35% front 20% back. Figured I would take the chance. I see SO many cars around with front windows tinted much darker than mine.

I'll get some pictures posted soon.
Cant disagree with ya. Don't let a salesperson change your mind though!
KOBasinger is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #123
Chadwell
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86063
Location: Mason, OH
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

Posts: 12
FF Reputation: 1 Chadwell Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Another Ohio Focus here. I agree, the 50% would have been a waste of money in my opinion, you would have regretted it. I got the Llumar 35% and it seems just about right. If Llumar had something between their 35% and 15% I might have considered it but the 15% was just too dark for me. Plus I prefer the same tint level all around so the 35% seemed the right choice.

I have to believe that as long as you are not pulled over for something else (speeding, reckless driving, etc) no one is going say anything about any level of tint. I am curious, has anyone here ever been pulled over, or know someone who was pulled over, and ticketed for excessive tint only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMOTEE View Post
I am in Ohio as well and I just had my windows tinted. Was planning on 50% front but the salesperson said no one ever gets the 50% so I went with 35% front 20% back. Figured I would take the chance. I see SO many cars around with front windows tinted much darker than mine.

I'll get some pictures posted soon.
Chadwell is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #124
Josh321
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85263
Location: Atlanta, GA
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium 5-door

Posts: 84
FF Reputation: 1 Josh321 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjeff View Post
Ceramic tint seems to be in the $300-$400 range at least around here. Once my car finally arrives next week I'll go out and try to negotiate the best deal.
I paid $309, which I thought was reasonable. Windshield was $120 more.

Llumar's CTX only comes in increments of 10 VLT (20%, 30%, etc.), so I got 30%, which is a tad darker than the 35% I had on my previous car. I love it!
Josh321 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #125
scottjl
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86588
Location: -, WI
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

Posts: 781
FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadwell View Post
I have to believe that as long as you are not pulled over for something else (speeding, reckless driving, etc) no one is going say anything about any level of tint. I am curious, has anyone here ever been pulled over, or know someone who was pulled over, and ticketed for excessive tint only?
Cops in Chicago will pull you over just for your tint and they all carry light meters with them. I have a good friend who gets pulled over 3-5 times a year and chooses to pay the fine rather than lighten his windows. He is kind of stubborn like that. He has some 10 or 15% on his side and rear windows, very dark, obviously too dark. Pretty much makes him an easy target for a cop.
scottjl is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #126
djdriscoll
Focus Rookie
 
djdriscoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86811
Location: Canton, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Blaze Yellow Focus Titanium

Posts: 19
FF Reputation: 1 djdriscoll Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Is there anyone that lives near Detroit(or suburbs) that can recommend a good place to get tinting done at?
djdriscoll is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #127
uberjeff
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85949
Location: Parker, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Titanium

Posts: 155
FF Reputation: 1 uberjeff Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh321 View Post
I paid $309, which I thought was reasonable. Windshield was $120 more.

Llumar's CTX only comes in increments of 10 VLT (20%, 30%, etc.), so I got 30%, which is a tad darker than the 35% I had on my previous car. I love it!
Your car looks great, and it is at the right level of darkness for my taste. Unfortunately the Llumar dealer near me is one of the highest around for ceramic tint. He wants $450 for Llumar CTX. There is a great shop about 20 minutes from me in Lakewood that will do Huper Optik ceramic for $350, and I should be able to get them down to $300 with a special offer I have. They do all the tinting for our local Audi Dealer, including my Dad's A5. I also like they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty that includes scratches. I'll probably go that route unless I can find a different Llumar dealer with a good reputation and better pricing.
__________________
2012 Sterling Grey Ford Focus Titanium Sedan
401A / Winter Pkg / Moonroof / Navigation / Polished 17" Wheels
Ordered: 6/1/11 Built: 6/24/11 Delivered: 7/13/11
uberjeff is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #128
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict
 
hotleadsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86687
Location: Cleveland, United States
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

Posts: 882
FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadwell View Post
Another Ohio Focus here. I agree, the 50% would have been a waste of money in my opinion, you would have regretted it. I got the Llumar 35% and it seems just about right. If Llumar had something between their 35% and 15% I might have considered it but the 15% was just too dark for me. Plus I prefer the same tint level all around so the 35% seemed the right choice.

I have to believe that as long as you are not pulled over for something else (speeding, reckless driving, etc) no one is going say anything about any level of tint. I am curious, has anyone here ever been pulled over, or know someone who was pulled over, and ticketed for excessive tint only?
See I do see a lot of cars in the area with darker windows than mine (50%/13%) but truth be told I think it's fine. You can see through the front windows if you look closely (you can see shapes easily, but no details unless you're really staring), but you can't see anything at all in the back. Completely fine for me. I do know people that have gotten tickets in the Fairlawn area multiple times and they usually end up being like $120 a pop. I don't care about it that much.
hotleadsingerguy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #129
keishafgtx
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
keishafgtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Fan#: 64509
Location: Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3 5Dr

Posts: 48
FF Reputation: 1 keishafgtx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)


20% all around
keishafgtx is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:54 AM   #130
eric8784
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86785
Location: Florence, KY
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 48
FF Reputation: 1 eric8784 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here are my tinted tails...

eric8784 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.