FSWerks Cool-Flo Intake Installation Problems - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #11
lacole725
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85112
What I Drive: 2010 Ingot Silver Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 lacole725 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXFocus210 View Post
Off topic But I see you have the Exhaust.....Im currently prepping for an event anually held in Vernon, TX Called Summers Last Blast.

Would you say the Exhaust adds to the appeal of the car? and can you tell a difference on top of the CAI?
Well I don't actually have it on the car yet, I just put it on my sig when I got it. From seeing the system and hearing it, the system definitely adds to the appeal of the car. I've never driven a Focus with both mods so I can't answer that. I can tell a slight difference with the CAI and it sounds really good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #12
TXFocus210
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79087
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE 5spd, 98 240sx(kouki)

FF Reputation: 1 TXFocus210 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacole725 View Post
Well I don't actually have it on the car yet, I just put it on my sig when I got it. From seeing the system and hearing it, the system definitely adds to the appeal of the car. I've never driven a Focus with both mods so I can't answer that. I can tell a slight difference with the CAI and it sounds really good.
Thanks for the input.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:10 AM   #13
PSUrivie
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67329
What I Drive: Boostin in the Mid-A

FF Reputation: 15 PSUrivie Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
For the MAF, pull some more of the wire loom off the wires. The wires are tapped together. Unwrap the tape and it will give you some more slack. If you want to keep the stock look, go to Advance or Auto Zone and get some more loom. You can use it to cover the wires you uncovered during the install. As for the coupler and the actual intake tube alignment, I would send those pics to Vik at FSW and have him take a look at them.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:17 AM   #14
lacole725
Focus Enthusiast

I was actually looking at some wire loom last night to buy in a different color because I knew how it ended up looking. Maybe I will find some and then completely unwrap the whole and get everything right and put new loom on it. I posted this problem on FSWerks facebook and they said to call Vik also. I think I am ok right now, I just need to give the MAF more room and I will be good. Everytime I look at it I don't have much time and I usually don't get anything done, but I will make sure I get it taken care of as soon as possible.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #15
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I just installed one on mine wednesday and i had the same issues you did.

The seal around the maf seems larger then the hole, i might have a vac leak now. I had to pull the fender shield out just to get the filter on after i slid the pipe down into position. Las was the fitment of the intake to the throttle body. I think i had to clamp mine down to the smaller tube size.

I think the problem there is the intake is for "2.0 and 2.3" duratecs maybe the 2.3 duratec has a larger throttle body?

I had another issues you didnt mention. The breather line for the engine block. The stock setup had a plastic line from the back side of the valve cover around to the flexable boot connecting to the airbox. This intake just has a little section of hose.

My hope was to get rid of that setup all together. Using a seperate engine filter or a better line or something other then that plastic pre shaped line

I guess now days you cant expect much for $200.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #16
myfafp3
zetec 2 duratec swap

Fan#: 59725
What I Drive: 2000 Cloud9 Sport Saloon

FF Reputation: 5 myfafp3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I know of over 30 people personally with 2010 or 2011 cars using the fswerks intake and none of them had those problems. There may have been an error while they were being made but I doubt it. Just call vik and email him detailed pics.
SedanRevolution #149
Boosted AUTOMATIC
Embarassing evos on a daily basis.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #17
lacole725
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post
I just installed one on mine wednesday and i had the same issues you did.

The seal around the maf seems larger then the hole, i might have a vac leak now. I had to pull the fender shield out just to get the filter on after i slid the pipe down into position. Las was the fitment of the intake to the throttle body. I think i had to clamp mine down to the smaller tube size.

I think the problem there is the intake is for "2.0 and 2.3" duratecs maybe the 2.3 duratec has a larger throttle body?

I had another issues you didnt mention. The breather line for the engine block. The stock setup had a plastic line from the back side of the valve cover around to the flexable boot connecting to the airbox. This intake just has a little section of hose.

My hope was to get rid of that setup all together. Using a seperate engine filter or a better line or something other then that plastic pre shaped line

I guess now days you cant expect much for $200.
It says in the instructions that the MAF won't fit like stock, but to tighten it until the seal is compressed. You are also supposed to assemble the intake with the filter before positioning it in place. As for the plastic line, I didn't think it would work out too good being stuck in the little piece of hose but it seems to be the least of my concerns.

The couplers seem to be staying in place since I put the larger clamps on but I am still going to use the Samco couplers to get an even better fit. I check it everytime I get done driving and they don't seem to be moving at all.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
benkap
Hatch Nation #136

Fan#: 86366
What I Drive: 2003 Mineral Grey Metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 14 benkap Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Stupid question, but did you make sure that you didn't accidentally get the part for the Zetec shipped to you?
Old 06-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #19
lacole725
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkap View Post
Stupid question, but did you make sure that you didn't accidentally get the part for the Zetec shipped to you?
Not a stupid question because I actually did think that at one point. I checked the invoice and the driections and they both said 2.0 & 2.3 Duratec All. I have never really seen a Zetec engine bay or have really paid attention to the intake location if I have seen one, so I wouldn't even be able to tell if the mispackaged it. Everything seems to be in the right place, so I just assumed it was my car or installer (me) error.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #20
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
i just finished intstalling mine 20 mins ago. fit perfectly without any installation problems

Bookmarks & Social Networks