The 2012 Window Tint Thread - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #41
cchaos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86214
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 cchaos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsimerly View Post
I missed my appointment and went by to apologize to the tinting place and they said 'no problem' and pushed my appointment date to the 24th. Keep in mind I was supposed to go in on the 7th, and made the appointment on the 2nd of June. Really?

I'm gonna search elsewhere, I know they aren't that busy, the place was empty when I came by to apologize.
That's surprising...I would try another place. I got mine tinted (ceramic 30/20) the afternoon immediately after taking delivery of my vehicle. It took them about 45 minutes even though they had about 4 or 5 other cars they were working on. No appointment and no waiting in a queue.

I wonder if part of it was that I had a brand new Focus Titanium, and the other cars included a used camry and other really boring vehicles.

Oh, and that contrasts with my previous vehicle - when I had it I took it to a different place that had no other customers, yet they took over 2 hours, and they did a crappy job (crease in the back window, film that split on the drivers window). So it pays to find a good installer...

Anyway, I will take a post pictures when I get a chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #42
KonaBlueHatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85898
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 KonaBlueHatch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by azgsa View Post
I paid $325 also for same tint, 30% front windows, 15% rest. Then I got the Llumar Blue Air on windshield for another $135. Love this stuff.
any pics of the blue windshield?
Old 06-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #43
Titanium12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86295
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium12 Good Standing Member
Is Madico brand tint any good?.........they have several versions http://www.madico.com/window-film/automotive/ and the reason I mention it is that the dealer is installing this for free on my Titanium when it comes in.
Delivery Date: June 29, 2011
Old 06-11-2011, 05:59 AM   #44
irongiant
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86331
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 irongiant Good Standing Member
3M premium, 5% in back 20% up front. $200. Had it for 3 years on my tacoma and loved it.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #45
automated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86028
What I Drive: 2012

FF Reputation: 1 automated Good Standing Member
Our state laws (SC) are 27% all around. Very sunny here most of the year. Should we max out at 27%? The car (hasn't gotten here yet) is sterling grey metallic. We had considered black, but with the heat down here and how hard it is to keep black clean, figured we'd go with grey and use tint to give it a darker look.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #46
Stereodude
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85623
What I Drive: 02 Maxima SE

FF Reputation: 2 Stereodude Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by irongiant View Post
3M premium, 5% in back 20% up front. $200. Had it for 3 years on my tacoma and loved it.
Can you even see out the rear windows at night?

I guess it give you a good excuse for not stopping when the cops are trying to pull you over.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #47
irongiant
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86331
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 irongiant Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Can you even see out the rear windows at night?

I guess it give you a good excuse for not stopping when the cops are trying to pull you over.
Haha, it is pretty dark but i can still see out of the back at night, here in California we can have whatever we want on the back windows. Helps cut down on night time glare from all of the Bro-dozers with HID's around here.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #48
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member

It's a bad picture and it's from my Facebook, but it's the only one I have right now lol

I live in Cleveland (Ohio) and our laws are 50% for the front 2 windows and the rest don't matter (except the windshield, which is anything you want for the top 7 inches). Got 50% on the front 2 and 13% on the other 5 (2 rear, 2 mini-rear, and hatch). From the inside it keeps everything *dark* but completely see-through during the day. At night you can see lights perfectly fine, but you can't see something that's not lit up through the back windows (the front ones are still easy to see anything through).

I'd have preferred the 13% all around, but this is good. It keeps the interior fairly cool during the day (it's been 90F+ for the past few weeks, so I couldn't be more happy with the tint) and makes the car look much better. Plus it makes it impossible to see through from the outside, which is fantastic. The picture doesn't do it justice...normally you can't see anything inside the car even when you're standing next to it. Works well because I took out the back deck that came with the car.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #49
mgillign
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86427
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatch Grey

FF Reputation: 1 mgillign Good Standing Member
HAHA quik questions Bro-dozers whats that? And has any one tinted there tailights?
Old 06-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #50
KonaBlueHatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85898
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 KonaBlueHatch Good Standing Member

Bookmarks & Social Networks