Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-09-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
dvandy4898
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86615
What I Drive: 2012, blue, Ford Focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 dvandy4898 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Unhappy Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus

Well purchased my brand new 2012 Ford Focus on May 21, 2011. My vehicle had to be ordered and was delivered to me on May 24th. Upon driving it, I found that when I would come to a stop and push the gas to go, it would sputter and hesitate. I have been dealing with it for over 2 weeks and decided to contact my dealership.

I took the vehicle to the shop on June 3rd. The tech drove with me and felt exactly what I was talking about. He stated that he had to put it on the computer. Within 30 minutes, he came out with a piece of paper stating 2012 Focus automatic transmission shudder. Some 2012 focus vehicles equipped with the powershift/DPS6 transmission may experience a shudder/shake on start up or when slowing to a stop. This condition does not cause durability or reliably concerns and will deminish as the clutch breaks in. "IF CUSTOMERS COMPLAIN OF THIS ISSUE, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE VEHICLE AND SHARE THIS SERVICE MESSAGE WITH THE CUSTOMER.

My question was, how long does this go on and when will it stop? No on could answer. Has anyone else felt this issue? I could not find any post on this prior to me putting this up. I stated I do not feel safe in the vehicle. The car at times when I pull out on the road feels just like it will stall out. After sending an email to the VP of the dealership, I was contacted by the service manager. He stated that he is working on getting an answer from Ford.. At the time of service there were 781 miles on my car. Today there are 1291 and still nothing has changed. I am awaiting a reply and will move forward if I don't like the answer.

Also, yesterday while driving, my shoe lace got caught on brake peddle. Has anyone else ever gotten stuck on the brake peddle? Just curious. It freaked me out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Most owner's clutches are wearing in at about 1,000 miles. If you drive alot of highway miles (like me) it might take longer. I have about 1,500 miles and although it has gotten better there is still a slight shudder/shake, so they are still breaking in. I would give it some time as long as it's not over what they deem is normal.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
I have 2,000 miles on mine and it runs smooth .. now. The dual clutch will always feel different that an automatic .. but trust me .. with miles the car gets better.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
chief901
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86140
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 chief901 Good Standing Member
When I received my titanium from the dealer, it had 6 miles and a full tank of gas. I have not experienced any shutter from the transmission. It shifts quickly and smooth, and it currently has 300 miles on the odometer.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi dvandy4898,

I appreciate that you have worked with the dealer, and can truly understand your frustration. As the dealer advised, it does take some time for your Focus to get acclimated to your driving habits, and I am sure that can be aggravating. The dealer is correct that it may smooth out, but I do not want you to feel unsafe in any way. For you and anyone else that finds their shifting differences concerning, I recommend keeping in contact with your dealer to verify everything is functioning correctly. Additionally, please PM me with your VIN, contact info, mileage, and dealer so I can try to help. I want you to be confident in the safety of your Focus, and I will work with you to resolve your concern. Thank you all for your patience.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 06-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
dvandy4898
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86615
What I Drive: 2012, blue, Ford Focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 dvandy4898 Good Standing Member
My dealership is coming to pick up my car on Monday. They contacted Ford and they told them to retrieve the car and do a check over. Hope this settles the issue. If I am not satisfied with the turn out and the car continues to do what it is doing, I will contact you and give you the information needed. thanks

Last edited by dvandy4898; 06-09-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #7
gdcwatt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86077
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 gdcwatt Good Standing Member
Thanks guys. I think this is what my daughter has been saying; our car has 300 miles.

When I get in the car, to check it out, I haven't found any problems. And then I just nail the gas, and continue to be amazed at what a wonderful car it is - great suspension - and I really do like the 6spd auto and I do appreciate the difference the torque vectoring makes. I like the Sport mode, and just how easy the car is to drive "well".

Finally, a car that I don't hop into and think, "Okay, I wonder if there are short springs and a thicker rsb, yet?" But I am wondering if 225/50-16's would work alright on 6.5" rims, but, next year.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
I noticed the same thing....wasn't sure if something was wrong with it or if I just needed to break it in. Only 250 miles on mine so still plenty of time to smooth it out.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #9
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandy4898 View Post
My dealership is coming to pick up my car on Monday. They contacted Ford and they told them to retreive the car and do a check over. Hope this settles the issue. If I am not satisfied with the turn out and the car continues to do what it is doing, I will contact you and give you the information needed. thanks
Hi dvandy4898,

I appreciate that you are giving your dealer a chance to resolve this to your satisfaction. I am here if you need additional assistance, or feel unsatisfied in any way. Feel free to message me if I can be of any help.

~Natasha

Old 06-10-2011, 07:21 AM   #10
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
I noticed the same thing....wasn't sure if something was wrong with it or if I just needed to break it in. Only 250 miles on mine so still plenty of time to smooth it out.
Hi chum567,

I'm sure it must be frustrating, but it does take some time for your Focus to get acclimated to your driving habits. I suggest driving it for a while and see if it smooths out. It you feel it is concerning, then I recommend having the dealer take a look to make sure everything is functioning correctly.

~Natasha

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->