SCT Livewire, anybody have it? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
blackbumpinfocus93
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80510
Location: Carpentersville, IL
What I Drive: 2009 Black SES Sedan

Posts: 209
FF Reputation: 2 blackbumpinfocus93 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SCT Livewire, anybody have it?

My birthday is tomorrow and have been wanting an SCT Xcal3 for a while now, but i just checked fswerks and they are now offering a new flasher. i like it a lot and its like the Edge Performance flasher my brother has in his f250 (which i like). I like the fact that it has gauges on it and you can mount it to the dash.

My question is: does anybody have one of these flashers and if so would you be so kind as to give a little review (what you like and dont like).

http://fswerks.com/sct_flasher.htm
^^^^
Check it out!

Thanks in advance.


__________________
Team Duratec #61
Sedan Revolution #134
2008+ SES #017
"Doing a drag race in an automatic is like running a 100M sprint in your wellies, full of tadpoles."- Jeremy Clarkson
blackbumpinfocus93 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
Blivit
Focus Addict
 
Blivit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51292
Location: Sanford, FL
What I Drive: 2013 ST

Posts: 720
FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbumpinfocus93 View Post
My birthday is tomorrow and have been wanting an SCT Xcal3 for a while now, but i just checked fswerks and they are now offering a new flasher. i like it a lot and its like the Edge Performance flasher my brother has in his f250 (which i like). I like the fact that it has gauges on it and you can mount it to the dash.

My question is: does anybody have one of these flashers and if so would you be so kind as to give a little review (what you like and dont like).

http://fswerks.com/sct_flasher.htm
^^^^
Check it out!

Thanks in advance.
The Livewire is not new, it's been available for several years. FSW has just recently starting selling it.

If you are planning on using it on your 09 though (just going by what you have listed), it will not work. For that vehicle, you need to use either the X3+ or TSX device.
Blivit is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
blackbumpinfocus93
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80510
Location: Carpentersville, IL
What I Drive: 2009 Black SES Sedan

Posts: 209
FF Reputation: 2 blackbumpinfocus93 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
The Livewire is not new, it's been available for several years. FSW has just recently starting selling it.

If you are planning on using it on your 09 though (just going by what you have listed), it will not work. For that vehicle, you need to use either the X3+ or TSX device.
ok well I'm not questioning your knowledge here but why does it say that the livewire is compatible with all ford focus's (including mine) on the fswerks website?
__________________
Team Duratec #61
Sedan Revolution #134
2008+ SES #017
"Doing a drag race in an automatic is like running a 100M sprint in your wellies, full of tadpoles."- Jeremy Clarkson
blackbumpinfocus93 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
Blivit
Focus Addict
 
Blivit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51292
Location: Sanford, FL
What I Drive: 2013 ST

Posts: 720
FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbumpinfocus93 View Post
ok well I'm not questioning your knowledge here but why does it say that the livewire is compatible with all ford focus's (including mine) on the fswerks website?
They have it wrong. It will work on 05-07 but not 08+.
Blivit is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
badazz2010focus
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Fan#: 78166
Location: jupiter, FL
What I Drive: 2010 ingot silver 2 dr 5 speed

Posts: 3,749
FF Reputation: 7 badazz2010focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
oh so the info is wrong it wont work on the 08+? because I'd like to use and edge too
badazz2010focus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
Blivit
Focus Addict
 
Blivit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51292
Location: Sanford, FL
What I Drive: 2013 ST

Posts: 720
FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badazz2010focus View Post
oh so the info is wrong it wont work on the 08+? because I'd like to use and edge too
The livewire will not work on the 08+ focus. Other 08+ vehicles, depending on the vehicle and year it will work on.
Blivit is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
Pegasix
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Fan#: 81474
Location: Canada, Canada
What I Drive: 96 mustang

Posts: 66
FF Reputation: 1 Pegasix Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ive got it for my 96 mustng and LOVE THE LIVEWIRE, way better then the x2 and x3 ive run in the past.
Pegasix is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.