Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 116 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #1151
28HopUp
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85449
What I Drive: 2012 SE 5-door

FF Reputation: 3 28HopUp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthill View Post
The dealer is acting as an agent on behalf of Ford, though.
Which means that as a buyer you are entitled to work with an agent who gives you the best service. If the dealer sucks, then buy from another one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #1152
silenthill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85671
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL hatch

FF Reputation: 2 silenthill Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Which means that as a buyer you are entitled to work with an agent who gives you the best service. If the dealer sucks, then buy from another one.
Sure, but that doesn't mean that said agent can't cause harm on Ford's reputation. It's like flying on a regional airline, the flight has "Delta Connection" painted on the side, but is actually flown by ASA. But, the customer sees "Delta".
Old 05-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #1153
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Sure, but that doesn't mean that said agent can't cause harm on Ford's reputation. It's like flying on a regional airline, the flight has "Delta Connection" painted on the side, but is actually flown by ASA. But, the customer sees "Delta".
Sorry, I understand what you're trying to say but the two situations aren't comparable. To blame Ford or any name brand car based on one dealer is pretty silly imho.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #1154
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
Up date on my Loaded Titanium. I ordered on Feb.9, car was built on Apr.27. I just called my dealer. He said he is checking about every two days and my car is built but is on hold sitting in the lot because of MFT issues. At this time he has no idea when it will be shipped to me down here in FLA. I would like for them to have everything working properly but this is getting a little frustrating.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #1155
cpogordon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85208
What I Drive: 2009 VW Tiguan

FF Reputation: 1 cpogordon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
That's the plan. It's just inconvenient. I might be able to pop in tomorrow.
see below
Old 05-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #1156
cpogordon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85208
What I Drive: 2009 VW Tiguan

FF Reputation: 1 cpogordon Good Standing Member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
That's the plan. It's just inconvenient. I might be able to pop in tomorrow.
I would call the main Ford Customer number and complain to them. They get mad when they find out dealerships aren't taking care of/keeping customers up-to-date on their orders. Remember seeing some posts a few weeks back about the same thing at another dealership and the guy called the main Ford number and they in turned jumped on the dealership for not keeping their customer up-to-date.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #1157
silenthill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85671
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL hatch

FF Reputation: 2 silenthill Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
Sorry, I understand what you're trying to say but the two situations aren't comparable. To blame Ford or any name brand car based on one dealer is pretty silly imho.
That IS your humble opinion, but I don't want to be dismissive of someone who had a crappy experience. It happens and it can taint anyone's experience of a brand, which was my point. I'm sympathetic to someone who had a bad experience. There are a lot of factors that you or I probably don't know about---there is always at least two sides to every story.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #1158
cappa
Focus Addict

Quote:
That IS your humble opinion, but I don't want to be dismissive of someone who had a crappy experience. It happens and it can taint anyone's experience of a brand, which was my point. I'm sympathetic to someone who had a bad experience. There are a lot of factors that you or I probably don't know about---there is always at least two sides to every story.
see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpogordon View Post
I would call the main Ford Customer number and complain to them. They get mad when they find out dealerships aren't taking care of/keeping customers up-to-date on their orders. Remember seeing some posts a few weeks back about the same thing at another dealership and the guy called the main Ford number and they in turned jumped on the dealership for not keeping their customer up-to-date.
The only way Ford can be blamed is if the product you received from them is unsatisfactory to your liking, hence why the situation you are describing of a plane is entirely different. Yes, a dealer is obviously a reflection of the brand in many ways but to blame Ford entirely instead of seeking out another dealer or contacting Ford directly to resolve your problems again is silly. You're right, we don't know the entire details only what he posted but what he posted it just seems like another crappy dealer which tends to happen no matter if you are buying a BMW, a Lexus, or a Hyundai.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #1159
cappa
Focus Addict

I got a VIN#

VIN#1FAHP3N20CL171785

Scheduled to be built on 05/30, yes they are working on a holiday! Approximately 2-3 weeks after build date for delivery so if all goes well(crosses fingers) I will get it before the $750 rebate expires.

That VIN# shows on the dealers website as a car in inventory do dealers normally do this even though the car is being sold to someone already?

Meh... I'm starting wonder if the guy gave me the right VIN#... the one that shows in their inventory does not appear to be the one I ordered...
Old 05-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #1160
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
It's not silly at all. The Blue Oval is on the door, on the car, and probably on the shirt of the salesperson. Any poor customer experience at Ford, Chase, McDonald's, or Safeway reflects on that brand. The brand is what Ford corporate mortgaged its future on, literally.They bear the ultimate responsiblity of anything that occurs at a dealership.

Bookmarks & Social Networks