Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 37 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #361
caehlan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85332
What I Drive: None

FF Reputation: 1 caehlan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohuigin View Post
Hey osuivan,

According to ETIS, your car has not been built yet. At this point I think it would be fair to assume that when it does get built, it won't be getting sprayed with Kona Blue. I don't know how much that color weighs on your decision, but you may want to start checking out dealer inventory as a back up plan.

-B
Why do you think that? The windows sticker states Kona Blue. Sure it probably pays to be cautious because of the shortage of that colour.. but nothing we've seen so far indicates they would try a switcheroo without notifying the customer or updating the window sticker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #362
cpogordon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85208
What I Drive: 2009 VW Tiguan

FF Reputation: 1 cpogordon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by caehlan View Post
Why do you think that? The windows sticker states Kona Blue. Sure it probably pays to be cautious because of the shortage of that colour.. but nothing we've seen so far indicates they would try a switcheroo without notifying the customer or updating the window sticker.
Considering the factory is up and running again it wouldn't surprise me that they expressed shipped some of the colors in and that is why they haven't changed it on the Ford web site and that the only Kona Blue builds that got cancel were a few of the new orders and a select few of the pending orders that were cancelled in between them implimenting new colors and before they knew the plant in Japan was going to open. I also think one or two of the Kona Blues that were mysteriously canceled without an opportunity to change colors had nothing to due with the availability of Kona Blue.

My Sterling Gray Metallic Titanium goes through the line tomorrow, May 21st - I hope it makes it through the line by 6:00 p.m. :)
Old 05-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #363
Focus Daniel-san
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85940
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Focus Daniel-san Good Standing Member
Hi imccrea,

I am looking into purchasing a new focus. I'm between an SE and sel depending on options and availability. Either way I want the my ford sync (non touch screen).
Do either of these models offer Bluetooth audio? Meaning can you stream your music wirelessly over the Bluetooth connection? Or do you have to plug into USB to get audio to play over the stereo?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #364
Targon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81074
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL 5-door

FF Reputation: 2 Targon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus Daniel-san View Post
Hi imccrea,

I am looking into purchasing a new focus. I'm between an SE and sel depending on options and availability. Either way I want the my ford sync (non touch screen).
Do either of these models offer Bluetooth audio? Meaning can you stream your music wirelessly over the Bluetooth connection? Or do you have to plug into USB to get audio to play over the stereo?

Thanks in advance!
I'll check this for you later today if no one else has a ready response for you. I went with a base SEL with no extra packages and while I wanted the touch screen, I didn't want to have to pay for it, so didn't get it.

EDIT: I still did not check with my phone, but SYNC does support it, depending on your phone/device. Keep in mind that this will run down the battery on your phone, so you MAY want to go with a USB flash drive. I will also test if I can just access my mp3 files via the USB connection since this would also let you charge your phone while giving you access to your music. What phone or Bluetooth audio device are you looking at? Here is the list(which is a bit incomplete):
http://SyncMyRide.com/Own/Modules/Co...blePhones.aspx
Old 05-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #365
stevegee
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84274
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 stevegee Good Standing Member
So, my long wait should finally be coming to an end this week (fingers crossed). I'm buying using a Z-plan deal through my dad (retired Ford), so even though the dealership isn't losing money on the car, they're not making money (relative to selling the car to a non-Z-plan buyer) either.

My salesperson has been very accommodating throughout the process, so the question is, would tipping him be appropriate, and if so, how much?
Old 05-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #366
Focus Daniel-san
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85940
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Focus Daniel-san Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targon View Post
I'll check this for you later today if no one else has a ready response for you. I went with a base SEL with no extra packages and while I wanted the touch screen, I didn't want to have to pay for it, so didn't get it.

EDIT: I still did not check with my phone, but SYNC does support it, depending on your phone/device. Keep in mind that this will run down the battery on your phone, so you MAY want to go with a USB flash drive. I will also test if I can just access my mp3 files via the USB connection since this would also let you charge your phone while giving you access to your music. What phone or Bluetooth audio device are you looking at? Here is the list(which is a bit incomplete):
http://SyncMyRide.com/Own/Modules/Co...blePhones.aspx
Thanks for checking into this!
I have an iPhone 4 and an htc evo 4g. Both have Bluetooth and can play music players. It's not a big deal to run the USB cable I was just curious if Bluetooth streaming audio was possible like it is on the new civic and Mazda 3.

Thanks again!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #367
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus Daniel-san View Post
Hi imccrea,

Thanks in advance!
I've yet to try it in a Focus but the voice command in other Sync equipped rides is "Bluetooth audio" and it will stream via the connection.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #368
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegee View Post
So, my long wait should finally be coming to an end this week (fingers crossed). I'm buying using a Z-plan deal through my dad (retired Ford), so even though the dealership isn't losing money on the car, they're not making money (relative to selling the car to a non-Z-plan buyer) either.

My salesperson has been very accommodating throughout the process, so the question is, would tipping him be appropriate, and if so, how much?
We love this as sometimes we only make $100 per deal. It can be appropriate and depending on the salesman tip will vary between $20 & $100.

I've received 1.75 of Crown, $200 cash, $150 bottle of wine, $50 starbucks giftcard, etc. Shows the hard work we do is appreciated.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #369
stevegee
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84274
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 stevegee Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
We love this as sometimes we only make $100 per deal. It can be appropriate and depending on the salesman tip will vary between $20 & $100.

I've received 1.75 of Crown, $200 cash, $150 bottle of wine, $50 starbucks giftcard, etc. Shows the hard work we do is appreciated.
Thanks. i was thinking $100 cash sounded about right. :)
Old 05-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #370
osuivan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85122
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 osuivan Good Standing Member
I was thinking about geting my salesman a round of golf.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->