Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off" - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-20-2011, 03:49 AM   #11
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
MY-KEY OPTIONS
NON MY-KEY OPTIONS

When I try to copy paste the PDF from my documents folder, above is all that copies. I don't know why I can't post attachments, I asked the question in the FAQ thread but never quite got the answer I was looking for. Does anyone know why I can't post attachments.
You may not post attachments is what it reads at the bottom of the page in the Posting Rules box.
I'm not 100% sure why attachments can't be posted, but You could always use an image hosting site like Flickr, photobucket, mytinypic or the like. Of course You'd have to upload it there in jpeg format(i think) and copy and paste the [IMG] code.

Otherwise, I'm no help at all.

If You can get it on here though, I'll make sure to get it submitted for addition to the FAQ and How-To Archive, as I am in the process of collecting just this type of info for what I'm sure will be a growing knowledge base to draw from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #12
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

Points 32,224, Level 100
Points: 32,224, Level: 100 Points: 32,224, Level: 100 Points: 32,224, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 201 warneej Excellent Standing Member warneej Excellent Standing Member warneej Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
PDF is not copyable text. It is kind of like an image but not. What you can do is link to where you downloaded it to so everyone who wants to see it can click the link to open it on their machine. Copy and paste the link you clicked (by right clicking on the link and clicking "copy link location") and then post it here.

173.4whp
gump
crew #6
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #13
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just got a 2012 Titanium and after remote starting, I get in with engine still running, press brake and the start button (normal push button start process) ....the engine shuts off. Bah! Pressing just the push button or just the brake shut engine off also. The remote start manual says, for safety reasons, certain actions will shut off the engine, such as opening the hatch... or pressing the brake.

So, based on the current behavior, it would always have the engine shut off, then have be re-started. Seems stupid. The dealer service manager (nicely) indicated 'this is the way it is' but is looking into any workarounds (such as disabling the Mykey feature) Hmm, you should not have to disable a feature for the remote start to work properly. Either way, it does not appear Ford thought through the remote start in combination with the "Intelligent Access Push button Start." Actually, I have never had remote start. Maybe this is common??
Old 05-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #14
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Points 32,224, Level 100
Points: 32,224, Level: 100 Points: 32,224, Level: 100 Points: 32,224, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 201 warneej Excellent Standing Member warneej Excellent Standing Member warneej Excellent Standing Member
The remote start is a terrible dealer installed option that is poorly integrated into the car. I would highly recommend skipping it as beyond all of these problems, it adds an extra stupid/ugly fob and renders the excellent proximity unlock/start useless.

173.4whp
gump
crew #6
Old 05-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #15
jeff2009
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85828
What I Drive: 2009 Eclipse

FF Reputation: 1 jeff2009 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
The remote start is a terrible dealer installed option that is poorly integrated into the car. I would highly recommend skipping it as beyond all of these problems, it adds an extra stupid/ugly fob and renders the excellent proximity unlock/start useless.

What if you already ordered your titanium with the remote start...can that be cancelled since it is a dealer install option? Also...what do you mean by It renders the proximity unlock/start useless?
Old 05-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #16
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Points 1,952, Level 26
Points: 1,952, Level: 26 Points: 1,952, Level: 26 Points: 1,952, Level: 26
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
That's easy to say from Florida. (Before you respond, I know it's hot and humid in FL). Regardless of the functionality of the system, try getting into a car in Minnesota when it's -20. Sure is nice to have it warmed up, despite having to restart the car.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I just got a 2012 Titanium and after remote starting, I get in with engine still running, press brake and the start button (normal push button start process) ....the engine shuts off. Bah! Pressing just the push button or just the brake shut engine off also. The remote start manual says, for safety reasons, certain actions will shut off the engine, such as opening the hatch... or pressing the ?
This may be a silly question, but if the car is already started, why push the start button? I have ordered the Titaniuum with remote start so am curious.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #18
entity
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 entity Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbr30022 View Post
This may be a silly question, but if the car is already started, why push the start button? I have ordered the Titaniuum with remote start so am curious.
On a traditional remote start, one would normally enter the car, insert their key, and turn it to run, all before pressing the brake. Otherwise the system would turn off as a safety feature.

Pressing the the push start button duplicates that functionality I'm assuming.

For those wanting the PDF, I'll upload it when I get home tonight for all of you. My friend is taking delivery of his Titanium soon and I'll report back if the steps work.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #19
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by entity View Post
On a traditional remote start, one would normally enter the car, insert their key, and turn it to run, all before pressing the brake. Otherwise the system would turn off as a safety feature.

Pressing the the push start button duplicates that functionality I'm assuming.

For those wanting the PDF, I'll upload it when I get home tonight for all of you. My friend is taking delivery of his Titanium soon and I'll report back if the steps work.
OH! Interesting. I wonder if because the key for the titaniuum is detected instead of used - if there is no need to push the start button.

I will be reading the PDF you are uploading, so thank you in advance for doing that.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #20
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Points 32,224, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2009 View Post
What if you already ordered your titanium with the remote start...can that be cancelled since it is a dealer install option? Also...what do you mean by It renders the proximity unlock/start useless?
There is a good possibility you could cancel. It renders it useless because you have to turn the car off and then back on, seems silly to me. You also may have to leave a prox key within the car which sounds like a recipe for having your vehicle broken into as the door unlocks when you touch the inside of the door handle if the key is near. There may be a work around but it seems like it would make the cool keyless thing not cool or totally keyless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
That's easy to say from Florida. (Before you respond, I know it's hot and humid in FL). Regardless of the functionality of the system, try getting into a car in Minnesota when it's -20. Sure is nice to have it warmed up, despite having to restart the car.
Yes I understand the Minnesota thing, I grew up in Upstate NY so I've had my share of -20. I solved that by moving . All I wish is that the remote start (when offered) was integrated into the keyfog like GM has been doing for almost a decade (probably the only thing they did right IMHO).

173.4whp
gump
crew #6

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.