Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 16 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #151
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
I am paying $26,040 after the $500 rebate and I will also be using the $500 student rebate.

I already signed the retail order so there is no way I can negotiate this further? and the dealership is in Keyport, NJ. They couldn't find any Focus that I wanted in the area only in Massachusetts and if they aren't willing to trade I'd have to place an order but you say there is one in Maplecrest??
Tell me what you're looking for in a perfect world and I'll tell you if it exists. The one at Maplecrest was silver with roof, nav, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #152
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Tell me what you're looking for in a perfect world and I'll tell you if it exists. The one at Maplecrest was silver with roof, nav, etc.
The Focus I wanted is Titanium in White with Roof, No-Navigation, Winter PAckage, 401 Spec A, and Handling Package. He did a search and the nearest one was in Massachussets. Also, I was wondering if you could answer there is nothing I can do about the price at this point correct? I've already put down a $500 deposit as well on the car.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #153
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
The Focus I wanted is Titanium in White with Roof, No-Navigation, Winter PAckage, 401 Spec A, and Handling Package. He did a search and the nearest one was in Massachussets. Also, I was wondering if you could answer there is nothing I can do about the price at this point correct? I've already put down a $500 deposit as well on the car.
To answer the negotiation question if you've already given a deposit, signed a buyer's order you might be out of luck. However you can use the "I found the vehicle I want at X dealership for Z price, can you beat it?" and see where you can go.

Now I forgot to ask, hatchback right? Are you wanting interior styling pkg?

artic white in Peoria, IL
Romeo, Mi that is black leather
Tallmadge, Oh that is artic white interior
Mechanicsburg, PA black interior

One other in Seattle but that's it for 401A hatchs in white.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #154
cappa
Focus Addict

Quote:
To answer the negotiation question if you've already given a deposit, signed a buyer's order you might be out of luck. However you can use the "I found the vehicle I want at X dealership for Z price, can you beat it?" and see where you can go.

Now I forgot to ask, hatchback right? Are you wanting interior styling pkg?

artic white in Peoria, IL
Romeo, Mi that is black leather
Tallmadge, Oh that is artic white interior
Mechanicsburg, PA black interior

One other in Seattle but that's it for 401A hatchs in white.

Yes I figured I was out of luck, I'm a first time buyer here and I guess I'll learn my lesson from this and yes it is a hatch.

Also, interior just plain black leather, thank you for those listings. He printed out the sticker for one in Massachussets that is being delivered to their lot and he will let me know if he is able to get that one.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #155
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Yes I figured I was out of luck, I'm a first time buyer here and I guess I'll learn my lesson from this and yes it is a hatch.

Also, interior just plain black leather, thank you for those listings. He printed out the sticker for one in Massachussets that is being delivered to their lot and he will let me know if he is able to get that one.
I don't see one in Mass. do you have the VIN?
Old 05-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #156
Ohuigin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83056
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Ok imccrea, just got this in an email from a dealership:

MSRP: 24,880
Internet Price: 23,711
Rebate: 500
Net price: 23,211 + tax & licensing

I haven't told him about my $750 private cash, so after that, I'm looking at $22,461 for a Sterling Grey Titanium hatch with navigation and the handling package. Now his "internet price" is $355 higher than my Costco price (which is supposedly invoice+$250). My question is, is it worth fighting over the remaining $355, or is this deal good enough? I'm thinking of asking to him to meet me in the middle (~$175). I don't want to be a complete jerk either.

Thanks for your help,

-B

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Old 05-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #157
imccrea
FF Affiliate

You're buying from Power Ford of Valencia right?
They have 7, yes 7 Titanium Hatchbacks equipped the same including 2 sterling gray's. He's priced $250 over invoice, just ask to see his invoice and he will show you.
Now the catch would be since he has such good inventory would he be willing to let it go at invoice, I think yes.
Plus you aren't being a jerk over $250. If you're asking him to take $1,000 off then I'd call you that.

Happy hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohuigin View Post
Ok imccrea, just got this in an email from a dealership:

MSRP: 24,880
Internet Price: 23,711
Rebate: 500
Net price: 23,211 + tax & licensing

I haven't told him about my $750 private cash, so after that, I'm looking at $22,461 for a Sterling Grey Titanium hatch with navigation and the handling package. Now his "internet price" is $355 higher than my Costco price (which is supposedly invoice+$250). My question is, is it worth fighting over the remaining $355, or is this deal good enough? I'm thinking of asking to him to meet me in the middle (~$175). I don't want to be a complete jerk either.

Thanks for your help,

-B
Old 05-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #158
cappa
Focus Addict

Quote:
I don't see one in Mass. do you have the VIN?
I just have a print out of the Window sticker, but I don't see where the VIN is on it.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #159
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
I just have a print out of the Window sticker, but I don't see where the VIN is on it.
See the barcode, it's either above that or it can also be found in the very upper right hand corner above exterior color. However they could have removed that one.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #160
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile Imccrea, i tried checking dealer stock but couldnt find anything. Can you check to see what is available on Long Island, preferably an SEL or Titanium. Ordering is not a problem really just need some things to test drive. Thanks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->